Supercharger or street bike

mbreaux05

Established Member
I'd like to hear your guys opinions.

I have a 2013 Cali special, MT 82, vossen cv7s with 255/35/20 295/30/20 toyo proxes 4+. Hotchkis lowering springs, koni str.t shocks, bmr adj pan hard bar. Borla s type catback exhaust

Wife is cool with a new toy.

I can supercharge the 5.0. I would get the vmp tvs stage 2 kit, with several gauges to monitor everything.
I plan to only go about 550rwhp. It's my DD, and only car. If I blew anything, I'd be screwed. Seems like supercharges don't add any value to the car, if I were to sell it.

Or

2011-2012 daytona 675r bike for about $9500. Have the potential to sell if I get into a monetary bind.

If I got the bike, I'd get off road H for the car, with an AED tune.

So what would you do, and why. I was set on the supercharger, until the wife threw the bike idea on the table. I used to have 2006 GSXR 750.

Last edited:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Given those two choices I'd say bike...... If you drag race your car at all I'd say a better decision would be a beater car and maybe a cheaper bike. I always lol when people on here heavily race or heavily modify their only vehicle and then cry when shtf and they are out of transportation because said "racecar" was their only vehicle.

Last edited:

TSHOES

Established Member
bike, just get a 1000 tho everyone grows out of 600cc bikes sooner than they think

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
Bike! I'm getting a hayabusa this month soon as I get back to land.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I'd like to hear your guys opinions.

I have a 2013 Cali special, MT 82, vossen cv7s with 255/35/20 295/30/20 toyo proxes 4+. Hotchkis lowering springs, koni str.t shocks, bmr adj pan hard bar. Borla s type catback exhaust

Wife is cool with a new toy.

I can supercharge the 5.0. I would get the vmp tvs stage 2 kit, with several gauges to monitor everything.
I plan to only go about 550rwhp. It's my DD, and only car. If I blew anything, I'd be screwed. Seems like supercharges don't add any value to the car, if I were to sell it.

Or

2011-2012 daytona 675r bike for about $9500. Have the potential to sell if I get into a monetary bind.

If I got the bike, I'd get off road H for the car, with an AED tune.

So what would you do, and why. I was set on the supercharger, until the wife threw the bike idea on the table. I used to have 2006 GSXR 750.

the Daytona is nice but also look into the 848 I have one and it is awesome!

bike, just get a 1000 tho everyone grows out of 600cc bikes sooner than they think

NOBODY, but NOBODY has EVER "OUTGROWN" a 600cc. If all you do is go WOT in a straight line, you are just a squid.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I used to have an 06 gixxer too that I bought new... sold it and supercharged my car. So I think you know my answer.

ModMike1572

Established Member
I have an 09 Gsxr and its been tempting to sell it and Whipple my 04 mystichrome, but I like to be diverse.

Get the bike and enjoy both. You can always supercharge later. Those Daytona 675r are pretty badass too.

Native

Established Member
I vote on the blower.

I've heard of too many people getting into bad wrecks on bikes over the past couple years. When I had my sport bike I always wanted to push it further and further. One day I pushed it too far and laid my bike down through a busy intersection. Wasn't wearing a helmet either. I was lucky I didn't get run over lol. Sold the bike shortly thereafter and invested my money in cars. Had a really good friend's brother end up paralyzed from the waist down. He hit gravel around a turn on a country road. Threw him into some large rocks on the shoulder. Now he drives a minivan fitted up with hand controls so he can drive.

If you build the car right and have a good tuner do the tuning you will be fine.

Eminaga

Banned
Supercharger. Had a 04 CBR 600RR for few months and the day I decided to follow my friend up to 140+ is the same day I decided it’s not for me. Sold it few weeks later. Just too dangerous and you always want to go faster and faster. Gives you too much confidence IMO.

Eminaga

Banned
I vote on the blower.

I've heard of too many people getting into bad wrecks on bikes over the past couple years. When I had my sport bike I always wanted to push it further and further. One day I pushed it too far and laid my bike down through a busy intersection. Wasn't wearing a helmet either. I was lucky I didn't get run over lol. Sold the bike shortly thereafter and invested my money in cars. Had a really good friend's brother end up paralyzed from the waist down. He hit gravel around a turn on a country road. Threw him into some large rocks on the shoulder. Now he drives a minivan fitted up with hand controls so he can drive.

If you build the car right and have a good tuner do the tuning you will be fine.

Should have finished reading the thread before posting. Good advice here.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member

Going in a straight line doesn't make you a good rider. I'd rather have the agileness of a 600 or 750. Having owned a 750, it was perfect.

Auto

Established Member
I vote bike! … I had a '07 Daytona 675 and loved that thing. I regret selling her all the time. Bike was agile, quick and just so much fun. Plus, if you ever change your mind on the bike, sell that and then go for a supercharger.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Bike. Way more fun for a lot cheaper. Just buy gear and hopefully you have medical insurance as bike insurance does not cover your medical expenses only others.

Zemedici

Established Member
Bike, I feel you would get much more enjoyment out of a entirelyl different vehicle as opposed to just upgrading the one you have.

I plan on getting a k8 gsxr1000 this next winter.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Any kids? I rode for years, but once I had a kid I pretty much put the helmet up. I still have two bikes, but haven't rode them in years. I just think it's irresponsible to ride a bike if you have someone that is dependent on you.

Users who are viewing this thread