Supercharger or street bike

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I am 23 and the street bike thing has passed, I have seen 2 friends die and 1 that should have died due to others.

I want a blower.

But I wouldn't mind a bobber or a few Harleys.....but I vote blower but like I said I have got that stage out of my body.

MNCobra

Established Member
I used to have an 06 gixxer too that I bought new... sold it and supercharged my car. So I think you know my answer.

did the same thing with my 2002 GSXR 1000...sold it to buy a Supercharger on my 2008 GT/CS...its hard having two toys...you feel guilty for not spending time with the other...plus if one or the other breaks that's twice the headache of coming up with the money to fix it...Supercharger is my vote

numbnutz

Established Member
OP not sure where you're located but depends on what kind of riding you like to do. If you're mostly going to commute it gets boring fast. If you have canyons, mountain roads it gets no better. Bikes are a ton of fun but you must have common sense and respect them.

I personally would never buy another 600 just because you're constantly banging gears and the power band doesn't really kick in to north of 10k. I road for the past 10 years and sold my RSV4 last spring because riding is shitty around here and was tired of commuting 200+ miles to get to the good roads of Wisconsin. If we ever move to the West Coast I will definitely be getting another bike.

If you do get a bike, please invest in good gear.:beer:

Chaoticreign

Established Member
Easily the bike. When it came time for me me to cut some costs it was sell my 11' 5.0 or my 13' ZX-14. Didn't even blink when I got rid of the car. I love cars but a nice bike is on a completely different level.

Yes, they can be dangerous but if you always wear your gear and ride smart then you can minimize the risk substantially. I've been riding for roughly 8 years now and have never even tipped a bike over in the parking lot. Not that there haven't been close calls but as I said, you can minimize risk by riding smart. Don't drink, don't ride tired, don't ride distracted, and stay alert. And realize there is a time and a place for "spirited" riding.

And I'm also going to add that it's ludicrous to hear recommendations of a 675 not being a big enough bike....and that's coming from a guy that bought one of the biggest and most powerful street bikes ever produced. A 675 is more bike than you'll ever need on the street. The only reason I went so damn big is that this monster has more leg room, a more relaxed riding position, the torque of a big bore makes two up a breeze, and the power delivery is so smooth and predictable it actually makes it an easier ride than smaller bikes that have to be flogged to get into the power band.

fake

Established Member
Supercharger.

I had bikes until an 18 year old texting and driving made a left hand turn infront of me on Christmas Eve 2010. I still have scars and I have nerve damage to my bottom lip. F'ed me up pretty good.

You can be the safest rider out there; it's all the other f*ck sticks out there you have to worry about.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Both options arent great, supercharging you DD is not a good idea. Motorcycles are way too dangerous on the street.
1. I say buy a TRACK BIKE, and ride only the track
2. Supercharge you DD

Users who are viewing this thread