Supercharger or street bike

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Its a tough decision, I'm in the same predicament. Its either fordge and convert to turbo or buy a r6/gsxr600, haven't decided just yet but I keep convicing myself of one then changing my mind to the other

Deric

Established Member
Even though I have a sport bike and LOVE it, I would vote for the SC.

Bikes are so fun for what they are and how cheap they are, but very dangerous too. I want to sell mine just for that reason. If I wreck it, its not worth anything anymore. And if I get hurt I will always wish I had sold it while it was worth some money. I've been going back and forth on the idea all winter.

Hey, if you go the bike route, I have one for sale ;)

SINISTRR

Established Member
I want to say bike. I've had bikes in the past and they were a blast. I've had a couple of collisions and both times I was cut off by someone in car.

The last couple of years riding I found myself getting more and more nervous on the thing, especially in traffic. There are just so many distracted drivers nowadays. So I found myself riding less and less. So I got rid of the bike and picked up the Shelby. No regrets.

Like others have said, bikes are awesome but you will want to go faster and faster.

Good luck...

May93

Established Member
Go with the bike. You can still enjoy the Mustang and after you pay off one or the other then buy a supercharger.

mbreaux05

Established Member
Its a tough decision, I'm in the same predicament. Its either fordge and convert to turbo or buy a r6/gsxr600, haven't decided just yet but I keep convicing myself of one then changing my mind to the other

I was all go for the supercharger, them the wife says she would rather I got the bike! I didn't even know that would be an option. I'm still going back and forth with myself.

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
I just did the same thing last spring. Bought a bike but I never enjoyed it as much as I did my car. I wished I spent the money on my cobra. So I sold the bike and I been buying part for my car...

WOT 88

Established Member
Supercharger. Too many idiots on the road! I am fortunate to have survived my own idiocy when I used to ride, I had a death wish. I lost a few friends along the way and when my son was born, I knew it was game over...

HandBanana

Established Member
the Daytona is nice but also look into the 848 I have one and it is awesome!

NOBODY, but NOBODY has EVER "OUTGROWN" a 600cc. If all you do is go WOT in a straight line, you are just a squid.

I hope you guys are small of stature because both of those bikes are horrendously uncomfortable for people 6'0" + and more than 170lbs.

You make a valid point about the literage of the bikes though. Only noobs say things like "just get a liter bike right away". That is IDIOTIC. A 600 is still a dangerous machine and 06+ models can run 10s all day and handle like they're on rails.

VNMUS03

Established Member
Street bike man.. 100% that's what I'm going to do. Less miles on my car, spend less on gas, and have a blast. Win win win.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
Even though I have a sport bike and LOVE it, I would vote for the SC.

Bikes are so fun for what they are and how cheap they are, but very dangerous too. I want to sell mine just for that reason. If I wreck it, its not worth anything anymore. And if I get hurt I will always wish I had sold it while it was worth some money. I've been going back and forth on the idea all winter.

Hey, if you go the bike route, I have one for sale ;)

i've doing the same thought process this winter

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I hope you guys are small of stature because both of those bikes are horrendously uncomfortable for people 6'0" + and more than 170lbs.

You make a valid point about the literage of the bikes though. Only noobs say things like "just get a liter bike right away". That is IDIOTIC. A 600 is still a dangerous machine and 06+ models can run 10s all day and handle like they're on rails.

5'11"
245llbs here (mostly Jello)

I have very long arms so I sit almost upright while riding the 848, my ninja 650r was more comfortable.

94_Vert

Established Member
Sold my 750 after a drunk and high teenager pulled out in front of my wife and I. With the hectic pace of today, and stupidity, I just don't trust people, along with bikes being harder to see. So I just enjoy cars now, also I have 2 kids so I wouldn't want to leave them. Be safe.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
last year it was either do a frame up build on my banshee or fix my grenaded t56 in my lightning. The banshee won. Truck may sit for another year or 2 but i love bikes.

OP id only chose a bike if you already have a DD. If not, then id get a reliable DD instead. Keep your good vehicle for nice weekend days.

Down here it rains most of the summer and it too cold to ride a streetbike in the winter. That's a couple reasons why i dont want one. Also getting killed by dumb drivers is another.

Last edited:

Blackoyote

Established Member
bike, just get a 1000 tho everyone grows out of 600cc bikes sooner than they think

99.9999% of riders can't outride the capabilities of a 600...unless you just want to go straight. Even still, with the proper rider mod, right clutch, stretch and launch, 600s can run 9s all day.

Blackoyote

Established Member
My previous post didn't answer your question...but do a BIKE. When you get the itch to go and carve some back roads fast, it's a lot cheaper to do so on a bike :).

Adower

Established Member
Bike! The only reason I say this is because you only have one car and youre trying to supercharge your DD.

Personally, I would try to pick up a little beater car for 2k then supercharge your 5.0.

mr-proper

Established Member
I'd like to hear your guys opinions.

I have a 2013 Cali special, MT 82, vossen cv7s with 255/35/20 295/30/20 toyo proxes 4+. Hotchkis lowering springs, koni str.t shocks, bmr adj pan hard bar. Borla s type catback exhaust

Wife is cool with a new toy.

I can supercharge the 5.0. I would get the vmp tvs stage 2 kit, with several gauges to monitor everything.
I plan to only go about 550rwhp. It's my DD, and only car. If I blew anything, I'd be screwed. Seems like supercharges don't add any value to the car, if I were to sell it.

Or

2011-2012 daytona 675r bike for about $9500. Have the potential to sell if I get into a monetary bind.

If I got the bike, I'd get off road H for the car, with an AED tune.

So what would you do, and why. I was set on the supercharger, until the wife threw the bike idea on the table. I used to have 2006 GSXR 750.

get the bike!!!!! you wont regret it!!! i tracked my 07 gsxr 600 and never went back to street. most liter bikes on the street have the biggest chicken strips ever. lol
take it to the track NOT DRAGSTRIP and crave some corners, you will love it!!!:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread