Supercharged V10′s have been delivered to Chrysler, 770HP Viper coming

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry, but the "Horsepower Kings" blog site has not really given solid info on any car they've posted about. Everything posted is pure speculation in every article, like when we all dream about building our dream car. I'll believe it when Dodge has a press release.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I thought it couldn't be tuned?

It can't be with the stock ECU. In order to build one of those TT Viper cars that are GenIV and newer it will require a very expensive Motec unit which can easily cost $10k+ for everything and will still require a tuner who knows how to tune them properly.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
LOL, so they need boost to make that HUGE ****ing motor compete?

They don't need boost, it just makes things easier though. Why push an N/A motor that needs to be emissions compliant to 750+ ? We all know they're capable, those motors are ridiculous. With h/c they can make 650+ to the wheels N/A. And no, that's not on e85, carbureted revving to 8k rpms like the big bore LSXs.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Sorry, but the "Horsepower Kings" blog site has not really given solid info on any car they've posted about. Everything posted is pure speculation in every article, like when we all dream about building our dream car. I'll believe it when Dodge has a press release.

It's click bait. They're just making money off people clicking on their BS.

Also, even if Dodge has some supercharged V10s (which they probably do) it doesn't mean jack about a production car. I've seen some crazy stuff at Ford over the years. About 10% of it made it to production. All the manufacturers have wild stuff laying around.

kaz109

Established Member
They don't need boost, it just makes things easier though. Why push an N/A motor that needs to be emissions compliant to 750+ ? We all know they're capable, those motors are ridiculous. With h/c they can make 650+ to the wheels N/A. And no, that's not on e85, carbureted revving to 8k rpms like the big bore LSXs.

Wait wait wait...getting more than 640hp out of a 8.4L V10 is pushing it?? Lol..wow !!! To even have to add heads and cams to make 650whp to a motor that size is sad yet you are bragging about it lol...dude we aren't talking about a V8 or even a small displacement V10...it is the largest production motor and yet 700+ HP can't be made or " don't want it to be pushed" ....what a joke lol

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
How many other N/A cars out there with 640hp or more under $500K? I haven't looked, but would guess not very many. No matter how Chrysler achieves it, they get it done. Until the day arrives that we see all these OEM's pumping out small displacement 640hp N/A cars, its kind of tough to talk smack. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. The Viper actually does.

nicksender

Established Member
I like the new Viper styling. I also like what Dodge is doing with their Hellcat editions cars; even though they are too expensive and heavy for my liking.

I would also like to see Ford produce another supercar; even if it's an updated GT. The GT's are really going up in price pretty fast now; I think one just sold for $500k at auction.

There has to be a market for these as people are now buying $250-500k supecars and $1million+ hypercars. :D

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Dodge is on a roll, after sitting too quietly on the sidelines for too long. Enjoy the new HP wars while they last - these ARE the good ol' days!

These are the good 'ol days on steroids with a shot of nitrous.

700hp production cars with full warranty, amenities (ac, nav, etc) for under $100k is ****ing amazing.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
lol, now 640hp out of an N/A motor (most powerful production N/A motor ever btw) is underachieving.

i love SVTP.

cclark

Established Member
All this while ford sits back with their thumb in their butts making a sub 500 hp naturally aspirated 'halo' car for the track..........looks like they will be falling short of the other two (GM and dodge) this go round. They better step it up quick or prepare to lose business, money and be the laughing stock of the big 3

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
does nobody understand torque or a powerband?? all you idiots talking smack about how it ONLY makes 640hp seriously needs to go drive one.. it will shut you up in 2 seconds

kaz109

Established Member
lol, now 640hp out of an N/A motor (most powerful production N/A motor ever btw) is underachieving.

i love SVTP.

OK well first off it isn't the most powerful NA motor in production but it sure is the largest.

So let me get this straight ...

6.2L V8 makes 630hp

8.4L V10 makes 640hp

8.4L is impressive......yep makes sense lol

kaz109

Established Member
does nobody understand torque or a powerband?? all you idiots talking smack about how it ONLY makes 640hp seriously needs to go drive one.. it will shut you up in 2 seconds

I have driven one....even on a track. I was not impressed. A power band to only 6k doesn't impress me. Now what where you saying about go drive one??? But I can say I haven't driven a new one, I speak from experience of driving an older one , I doubt my opinion will change as the viper has had the same formula

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
OK well first off it isn't the most powerful NA motor in production but it sure is the largest.

6.2L V8 makes 630hp

8.4L V10 makes 640hp

Would you agree that a car costing $100K will most likely have to make more sacrifices than a car costing ~$300K? Both get you to that rare 600HP+ level. One will just cost you 3X as much to do so.

Don't get me wrong, a $100K is way outside most folks budget, but $300K is in ultra rarefied air.

Peak RPM has very little to do with performance. Most people would take a higher avg power curve, over some peaky engine. That is especially true for cars driven on the street. As long as you have the gearing right to maximize the torque curve, both styles achieve the same result.

Last edited:

svtshadow

Banned
Yes, HELLCAT VIPER COMING....****ING AMERICA!!!!!

Snake_Cat.jpg

Last edited:

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
All this while ford sits back with their thumb in their butts making a sub 500 hp naturally aspirated 'halo' car for the track..........looks like they will be falling short of the other two (GM and dodge) this go round. They better step it up quick or prepare to lose business, money and be the laughing stock of the big 3

I agree and disagree with this. Cars that are 600hp and up are low production numbers. Ford is going to sell a shit load of Mustangs to the masses. They need to stay competitive with GM & Chrysler but not necessarily with the top dog for bragging rights.

cclark

Established Member
I agree and disagree with this. Cars that are 600hp and up are low production numbers. Ford is going to sell a shit load of Mustangs to the masses. They need to stay competitive with GM & Chrysler but not necessarily with the top dog for bragging rights.

I'm only referring to the top dog/halo cars.....sure they will sell a ton of regular ass mustangs and gt's, they can have that!! I don't want what everybody else has. But I'm saying their top car coming out is going to be a sub 500 hp car, hold it's own in straight line performance and be good at going around a track and that's about it. GM still has its supercharged zl1 and ctsv with 580 hp and 550 hp respectively, along with this new 650 hp supercharged monster z06 and now dodge has the hellcat charger and challenger with 707 hp running low 11s and going 204 mph and now this 770 hp supercharged viper which would be sick as hell....where as ford has a 4 banger turbo mustang, the gt with the same 5.0 coyote since 2011 and this little info based gt350 which isn't leading towards anything astronomical like the aforementioned 650 hp z06, 770 hp viper and the 707 hp hellcat twins. It's like if your girlfriend went from her nice double D implants and decided she wanted to go back to B cups :nonono: no bueno at all.

Just feel like ford is really dropping the ball this go round and sucking a fat one.....they do from the bad arse boss 302 track car running with exotics on the track and then a 662 gt500 that runs low 11s and is a straight line drag monster and now........

Last edited:

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
The video of that TT Gen V just hurts my brain. As a very lucky perk of my weekend job, I have driven a bone stock Gen V Viper, and even at 'ONLY' 640 HP, that thing was downright scary when you put your foot in it. I cannot imagine throwing another 200 HP at that car. :eek:

Gravik

Established Member

6.2L V8 makes 630hp

8.4L V10 makes 640hp

7.0L (LS7) makes 505hp...

Everyone claiming the 640 hp n/a isn't impressive is just jealous it take them a blower and 20lbs of boost to make what a Viper makes stock.

Last edited:

klr16G

Established Member
I'm just hoping the new svt cobra there coming out with is going to be that car us ford fans are asking for, do you really think they can't pull these big numbers out of a built 5.0 with a blower I think its very possible but you guys have to remember the mustang has always been a bargain car for the simple reason that's why the aftermarket is really strong for are cars. Time will only tell what there going to do they could scrap that gt350 so fast if they wanted to just to open doors for something better it never hurts the research and development department.

Users who are viewing this thread