Super Lap Battle 2024- COTA

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've wanted to participate since 2021 when I first watched it. I decided last year, that this year I was going to sign up and give it a shot!

My car, being an old racecar, will fit into the Pro/Comp class. Has its benefits and drawbacks. Last year the car that won it, was a McLaren 720s GT3X....stupid fast. The class does allow me to run the car without any weight added, street tires, etc, so it'll at least be in it's true form. Do I think the car will win? No. I am hopeful for a good showing though.
1704990339541.png

Last Friday I had a thought... the McLaren last year was co-driven by the owner Rafael Martinez and pro-driver Cameron Lawrence...I should at least ask around to see if someone might be interested in co-driving with me.

Asking someone to co-drive your car is kind of a weird thing. As the owner, it's hard to trust someone to go 10/10ths in your car and not kiss a barrier at some point. It's difficult to pick someone, knowing that more than likely they'll be faster than you; talk about a hit to the ego. On top of that...there isn't a list of drivers anywhere that fit the mold to be fast in a 20 year old GT3 racecar, with 4000lbs of downforce.

With that being said, took me about 10 minutes to come up with a name that I wanted to reach out to. Twenty one minutes later, I got a "definitely be interested" reply. We'll call him the Stig 2.0.

It'll be streamed on YouTube by Global Time Attack. Hope you can tune in on Saturday and Sunday for the competition sessions and cheer on Team SVTP.

1704990246128.png

1704990154929.png

1704990174519.png

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would not let Mr. Goose drive my car. lol
That's a given, Nick. LOL. I'm remembering when the Goose got goosed when he lost control and went onto the grass, suffering some minor damage although he made it sound like it was a saved disaster. o_O

I'll definitely be tuning in on Saturday and Sunday to cheer team SVTP on, Nick. So I've got to ask. Is the co-driver an SVTP member?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Goose is an “instructor” and lives at Cota. that would make for a memorable thread on SVTP.
You left out one important fact Tag. After the balding man’s third trip to the track, he proclaimed himself “instructor”.
Then you simply hunt down someone on their FIRST trip, and “instruct” them..
The blind leading the blinder scenario…

blk02edge

Established Member
You left out one important fact Tag. After the balding man’s third trip to the track, he proclaimed himself “instructor”.
I mean he DID pass some 1990 Miatas. I'm impressed

Papaw

Established Member
Goose is so good he is an expert instructor of things he's never even done before!

Users who are viewing this thread