Established Member
Threw a top sirloin on yesterday
1B4030E6-ED48-487C-87D4-A16000D56865_zpsnezzs3u4.jpg

E7AEF300-7B77-4F0C-8EC9-EF3B22E47466_zps8scwo4ej.jpg

NJredfire03

Established Member
e5038510f9cb83a0fa7fca81210d6106.jpg

2d20d57a4c81504c70e910937d5ae8ea.jpg

I picked up this cheap ass table top charcoal grill. So I far I've gone through an entire bag of cowboy lump charcoal on it. Killed some chicken breasts, two London broils (one using some hickory chips KILLER!) and this fat ass porthouse. It's done it's job just fine. The smoker I mentioned in above post will be used first time this weekend. I'm moving away from propane grilling. Charcoal is so much better. I'll sub this post and post some smoking updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJredfire03

Established Member
Sounds good bud!
What is this "3-2-1 method" you speak of?

3 hours with smoke not wrapped up, 2 hours wrapped up in tin foil no smoke, 1 hour unwrapped your choice of smoke or no smoke. When wrapped up in tin foil you add some butter brown sugar honey and it really tenderizes the ribs. The last hour is to firm up a tiny bit and to complete cooking fully. The last 30 minutes add a glaze of whatever BBQ sauce you want. I've been researching and I'm ready to try this. I cannot wait. The rub and sauce I'm using isn't sweet at all. So all the sugar in the foil is the only sweetness the ribs will get. Should be sweet smokey mouthgasm.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
3 hours with smoke not wrapped up, 2 hours wrapped up in tin foil no smoke, 1 hour unwrapped your choice of smoke or no smoke. When wrapped up in tin foil you add some butter brown sugar honey and it really tenderizes the ribs. The last hour is to firm up a tiny bit and to complete cooking fully. The last 30 minutes add a glaze of whatever BBQ sauce you want. I've been researching and I'm ready to try this. I cannot wait. The rub and sauce I'm using isn't sweet at all. So all the sugar in the foil is the only sweetness the ribs will get. Should be sweet smokey mouthgasm.
Nice!! We need photos of finished product when you try this.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Damn man! Got it all!! What's that run ya? That's exactly what I would be looking for.

Damn man! Got it all!! What's that run ya? That's exactly what I would be looking for.

Like $280 at lowes. I bought the smoke box add on from Amazon for about $70. First lasted 7 years. And I saved the smoke box for the new one.
Been a awesome grill.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It's a chargriller 5050. The heat plates take a crap after a year or so, but music city metals makes replacements that last forever. I got those from Amazon. I actually saved them from my old grill and they're still rocking from 6 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread