Sturgis Mustang Rally

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
nice, its kind of sad that I didnt see it run last year so this is the first time I have seen your car run Janstang. Sounds awesome

Janstang

Established Member
It sounded a bit traction limited the whole way down the track. What was your highest MPH? I thought I seen a 127 which is still getting right with it considering the 5800' DA after the sun went down.

No I didn't talk to him. I seen it run a high 7 IIRC @ upper 90mph. Not nearly as fast as I thought. He also had a 2010 GT500. Looking at the guy I would not have guessed he was a car person and owned cars of that caliber.
Best mph was 126. Makes you wonder what that guy does to afford a GT500 and a Cobra Jet.

Black Sex

Established Member
Did you see the guy? he was kind of a big ass dude all tatted up. Like I said, didn't seem like a car by looking at him. Has a good choice of cars.

Janstang

Established Member
No, didn't see him.. I got to see you make a run and my buddies 98 Cobra. Other than that I was running circles around my car the whole time. Was so nice when everything was done just to sit down for a minute and have a beer and steak.

kbroush

Established Member
From what I heard the guy with the cobra jet has his own trucking company in North Dakota. I saw him make two passes. The first one he did a John Force burnout half way down the track and the second run he ran a hight 6 at 110 if I remember correctly. I think he just bought the car. The first time he was up at the lights he did not know how to stage, he kept rolling over the staging lights. Then the first time he went to do a burnout he didnt have his line lock set. Janstang, I was down by the time slip booth when you ran your car, it looked like a slip n slide for you, thats a bad ass car.

Black Sex

Established Member
From what I heard the guy with the cobra jet has his own trucking company in North Dakota. I saw him make two passes. The first one he did a John Force burnout half way down the track and the second run he ran a hight 6 at 110 if I remember correctly. I think he just bought the car. The first time he was up at the lights he did not know how to stage, he kept rolling over the staging lights. Then the first time he went to do a burnout he didnt have his line lock set. Janstang, I was down by the time slip booth when you ran your car, it looked like a slip n slide for you, thats a bad ass car.

And smokes in his CJ :dw:
Ohwell, his car.

Last edited:

Janstang

Established Member
Yeah, it was definitely slick, but thats what happens when you run 100 street tired cars on the track all night with minimal VHT added during that time. Had a great time regardless and was fun putting faces to names for several of you guys here on the forum.

kbroush

Established Member
And smokes in his CJ :dw:
Ohwell, his car.

I almost said the same thing. I agree it is his car, but I would take better care of it ; )

I think they should have cleaned the track more and put down some fresh vht for you guys in the pro class. Even with me being impaitent and wanting to wait for it I think it would have been fun to see some fast cars hook there.

Users who are viewing this thread