Sturgis Mustang Rally

92BlkGT

Established Member
We are heading out around 1 am Thursday morning from Waterloo. Black sex I think we have met before at the IA/NE cruise last year. You had the silver whippled cobra if I remember right. I have the whippled ZY cobra.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
I expect pictures after next weekend for all us poor bastards stuck at home guys! T I A
Have a good time.

Black Sex

Established Member
We are heading out around 1 am Thursday morning from Waterloo. Black sex I think we have met before at the IA/NE cruise last year. You had the silver whippled cobra if I remember right. I have the whippled ZY cobra.

Yes I do remember that car. Very nice. Hope I see you there. Ill keep an eye out for your ride.
-Nick-

Last edited:

kbroush

Established Member
Nick I plan on going around 75mph. Im betting we will not leave SF until later than 8am especially if we have a big group. Im going to look up the schedule for the rally now and scope it out. Im pumped for this year I think we will have a good time! I hope to meet the rest of you guys that are going. I had a 04 sonic blue Roush last year, now I have a 13 GHIG Boss. See you guys there!

Janstang

Established Member
I hope everyone made it home safely, and with no major issues. Was great to finally meet a few of you guys and put a face to a username. Car didn't quite run what I wanted, but that was due to lack of traction. Our local paper also did a nice piece on me and my buddies car, so that was fun.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Congratulations Nick on your Show & Shine trophy! 1st place, correct?
Beautiful car!:beer:

Black Sex

Established Member
Congratulations Nick on your Show & Shine trophy! 1st place, correct?
Beautiful car!:beer:

congrats Nick!

Thanks guys. I had a lot of fun. Couldn't have asked for better weather, except for the 101° temp for the carshow and dragracing.
I finished around 17th or 18th out of the 102 cars for dragracing, and I almost made the sweet 16 in autocross. I think I missed that by 4 spots. We ended up 2nd in our class for the show-N-shine.

Black Sex

Established Member
Lol, my best was 8.23@93 with a 2.3 sixty foot. I checked drag times and the DA 7200'.
The traction was horrible. My best sixty was 2.16. My wife said there was only two other cars that went faster then me in the street class.
You seemed to make some decent passes. After talking with you at your car then watching it run, my wife said we just need to build something like that. Lol

I was going to ask you if I could put my hairy gopro on your car but you always seemed to run just a few cars in front of me

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
I had to laugh because your go-pro confused the hell out of people with its little fur patch.:thumbsup:

That was one of those questions that almost got annoying over the weekend. I think it offended a guy at the track, unless he was mad that it was mounted to the trunk and facing the rear. He was asking me what it was and I told him it was a camera, then the next thing he asked me "what is it for and what does it do"? and then "why are you using it"? :shrug:

i might be able to go next year with school being done.

You should. You will have fun. Bring some money though. I bet the wife and I spent $250+ on food, about $300 on fuel, and $650 on our hotel, $165 on the rally package. Then we bought a few shirts. This year at the auction I bought a $500 gift card to Apple Valley Ford. It's the start to my LT headers or heat exchanger.
And we drove 1262 miles in the 5 days.

Last edited:

kbroush

Established Member
Dillon you should go for sure. Its a lot of fun. I plan on bringing a set of tires next year for autocross. They should split that group up in a couple classes I think. If not then Im still planning on atleast the top 8! I also want to do more fun runs in the hills.

Black Sex

Established Member
Here you go Janstang. It's not the best quality since it was recorded with our Nikon D5000. I have a few more if you want me to put them up
[youtube_browser]KOWsJR-RlIY[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
I thought I had three but I can only find two of them.
[youtube_browser]VCYOESt71Mk[/youtube_browser]

Janstang

Established Member
I had to get out of it on that run. It wanted to head for the wall for some reason. Did you talk to the guy with the Cobra Jet? I'm curious where he was from and what he was running.

Black Sex

Established Member
It sounded a bit traction limited the whole way down the track. What was your highest MPH? I thought I seen a 127 which is still getting right with it considering the 5800' DA after the sun went down.

No I didn't talk to him. I seen it run a high 7 IIRC @ upper 90mph. Not nearly as fast as I thought. He also had a 2010 GT500. Looking at the guy I would not have guessed he was a car person and owned cars of that caliber.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread