Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
In reading this story there are a few funny and ironic parts to it. The Vice Principal is hispanic. The Vice-P said a few hispanic students complained about it so to keep the peace they were asked to remove it. Here is the ironic part, I think it said two but I know at least one is HALF HISPANIC HIMSELF!!!! His mother is white and his father is full hispanic. He did not have a problem wearing the flag on his shirt!

Let me ask this...we have to honor a Mexican Holiday about a battle they won over the french. So here is my question....does Mexico have to honor July 4th?!?!?!?! Tell me what other control honors July 4th in the way that school is making students honor May 5th?!?!?!

Cinco de Mayo isn't a holiday nor is it celebrated in Mexico. The reason it gets big here in the sates is to make money and have another reason to celebrate and get drunk. :bash:

rust0r

Established Member
It's all about making ACTUAL citizens bend over and take it form the immigrants, Canada is much the same as well if that makes you feel any better

We waste court time and tax payers dollars because some guy says our motorcycle helmet laws do not allow him to wear his turban, or because some kid isn't allowed to carry a dagger at school that is of importance to his religion....If you don't like it GTFO

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
this ****ing pisses me off so bad it's not even funny. I hate how we have to be sensative.. for **** sakes your in AMERICA!!! don't ****ing bitch and complain when we wear our colors on a certain day.. Deal with it like we have to!!! oh and ppl who want to hate on me.. I'm 50% Hispanic so GTFO

Last edited:

crj814x4

Driving GOD
Established Member
I can't believe now we can not be proud of our own country. That is BS. I am a hispanic 2nd generation and I carry the American Flag on my cars and I have a few Tshirts. This country has been too easy on people. If you dont want to be proud of this Beautiful country.............................

Then Get the F@#$ Out.

99lightning_svt

Established Member
How retarded are people becoming in AMERICA that we can support our nation on whatever day we choose!

If they dont like it GTFO we cant wear our nations colors because it offends THEM. WTF i blame Obama...

Last edited:

Sap

Established Member
I'll play devils advocate.

High school kids, craving attention, trying to rebel or gain notice. Realizing Cinco De Mayo is a Mexican holiday they decide to do something to stir the shit. Not because they have well informed and thought out political views, but because its what kids do.

School officials realizing the white kids are outnumbered and the mexican-american students are getting rowdy. To keep the peace they ask the kids to take the shirt off or turn them inside out, kids refuse, school sends them home. No one gets hurt and possible disaster is avoided.

I wasn't there, I don't know how it went down, but I like to keep an open mind. That said, my opinion is that there is never a time and place where wearing an American flag is inappropriate in America.

tj04cobra

Established Member

High school kids, craving attention, trying to rebel or gain notice. Realizing Cinco De Mayo is a Mexican holiday they decide to do something to stir the shit. Not because they have well informed and thought out political views, but because its what kids do.

School officials realizing the white kids are outnumbered and the mexican-american students are getting rowdy. To keep the peace they ask the kids to take the shirt off or turn them inside out, kids refuse, school sends them home. No one gets hurt and possible disaster is avoided.

I wasn't there, I don't know how it went down, but I like to keep an open mind. That said, my opinion is that there is never a time and place where wearing an American flag is inappropriate in America.

I see your point and it's a good way to look at what it could have been. White kids when I was in HS would stir shit up with confederate flag t shirts. At a school with alot of black kids the stir up attempts worked and fights broke out. It was the dumbist shit ever. But that is what dumb kids in HS do. The white kids would usually provoke a fight, sometimes by calling a black kid the n word. The black kid would beat the piss out of the white kid to a pulp. It would make for the best lolz ever in front of 200 or so students that would crowd around so thick teachers couldn't stop it til it was well over. Good lolz cus white kid started it, provoked it and bit off more than he could chew.

But this is AMERICA and that should mean being able to wear an AMERICAN flag t shirt anywhere, anytime, any place. Being asked to take off the bandanas would suffice imo. We were never allowed to wear them in school, might be different there idk.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
hahaha you might just be blaming Obama if he gets his way and passes immigration reform....Imagine our Latin population quadrupling in the next decade.....

:eek:. I live in pretty much what it would be like. I'll tell you this. If it's one thing that crowd doesn't understand, it's traffic laws. Especially trivial things such as, stop signs and traffic lights :dw:

Oh, and utilizing turn signals also befuddles them.

Last edited:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member

I understand your side the looking at it from another side but as stated already in the thread. 1) Cinco De Mayo is NOT a U.S. holiday, it is a Mexican Holiday according to wikipedia. It has nothing at all to do with U.S. history. It is about a battle between Mexico and France!!! 2) The highschool is 40% hispanic and the Vice Principal who asked the students to take the stuff of was hispanic. 3) At least one of the kids in the situation wearing the American Flag shirt was 50% hispance himself!!!!

The problem with the situation was that the kids never broke any rules. Yeah they may have purposfully brought attention to themselves but they did it in a way where they never once broke any rules, except for the bandana around the head. Never once was the dress code violated by the t-shirts they were wearing! The vice-principal had no right to tell those students to turn their shirts inside out. Isn't this similar to a peaceful protest?!?! In a peaceful protest, people are never ordered to remove what they are wearing because it offends someone else. That is our right as U.S. citizens to protest what we feel is wrong. Whether or not that is what these kids were doing is not the point, they wanted to display their belief and never infringed on anyone elses belief, they executed their constitutional right! In my eyes, the vice-prinicipal and principal need to be removed from their position and delt with accordingly.

Last edited:

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
why would people want to wear that racist AmeriKKKan flag & show their intolerance towards people of color?

I mean look at all the Hate!

I deserve an Oscar for my liberal acting performance above! ;-)

aaandht

Established Member
Bob, what do you have to say about this?(maybe NWS)

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxTs9WmCzyU&feature=player_embedded[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread