Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

Moreboost88

Established Member
Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees - NBCBAYAREA- msnbc.com

On any other day at Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, Daniel Galli and his four friends would not even be noticed for wearing T-shirts with the American flag. But Cinco de Mayo is not any typical day especially on a campus with a large Mexican American student population.

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the vice principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag T-shirts inside out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

:nonono:

2k3gt

Established Member
Are you serious?!? Wow, this really pisses me off. I hope they take that school to court and win. That's complete bullshit.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
WTF? Thats bull shit! We live in America. If you dont like it... GTFO! We should be able to rep. our own flag and country!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In our mamsy-pamsy political correctness we're becoming a soft nation. And at times an outright embarrassment to our fore-fathers. I would have let them suspend me before removing clothing that would be acceptable on any other day. We ARE in America, right? :nonono:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
'Mexican Americans take spanish because they have to and get a B"....lol

Graves

Established Member
That's pathetic and disgusting. Who ever confronted them should be slapped in the face, fired, and deported.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
That is absurd! Since when is wearing the flag to show patriotism a bad thing, but lighting the flag on fire (At rallies or immigration BS) is acceptable? The Principal and Vice Principal should be fired. This story makes me sick.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
In reading this story there are a few funny and ironic parts to it. The Vice Principal is hispanic. The Vice-P said a few hispanic students complained about it so to keep the peace they were asked to remove it. Here is the ironic part, I think it said two but I know at least one is HALF HISPANIC HIMSELF!!!! His mother is white and his father is full hispanic. He did not have a problem wearing the flag on his shirt!

Let me ask this...we have to honor a Mexican Holiday about a battle they won over the french. So here is my question....does Mexico have to honor July 4th?!?!?!?! Tell me what other control honors July 4th in the way that school is making students honor May 5th?!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread