Street Outlaws Memphis

mark23svt

Established Member
I really like the show, New Orleans to be honest only watched cuz of Kye Kelly (had a badass fast car). Prob going to watch them all anyways just love Street Racing and what they have brought to Racing world.

SirShaun

Established Member
I like them all. New Orleans isn't bad, it just feels like too much a rip off of the original Street Outlaws. New Orleans at least has some Ford's in it lol. They came on at different times, keeping me something to watch on Monday night, so no complaints.

I was kind of on the fence about Memphis until I actually watched the first episode. A lot of the build ups and sneak peaks, had JJ coming off fake as hell. I do like the differences.. There is no list. They don't race each other. They do water burnouts only and a chase is a race. It's probably the closest thing to "Street Racing" yet. JJ repeating himself pouring his heart out is getting old though, we get it man.

I'd like to see a docuseries focused on some Standing Mile, Half Mile, Roll Racing cars. Emphasis on "exotics", insane upgrades, and tuning.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
You do know that the show is not real street racing.
The racing itself is real. The streets are blocked off, and emergency crews are on hand. There are also more cameras and lighting rigs than I care to inagine.

The show is almost a sanctioned event in regard to OKC
We will see. I’m starting to get burnt out on OKC watched it since the beginning.

I think NOLA is stupid while I like and respect the cars just can’t get into it.

We will see how the Memphis show plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis should be interesting. JJ reminds me of Farmtruck and AZN rolled into one personality.
I street raced a lot back in the 70's when the "really fast" cars had 500 or 600 HP, LOL. The cops finally started cracking down in the 80's, so that kinda did it for me. I've always had muscle cars though, even today.

I've been enjoying Street Outlaws immensely from the very first show. Yeah, you can nitpick about this or that, but overall, it's a great show for most gearheads. NOLA was not so great IMHO. But JJ is a breath of fresh air, so kudos to him and good luck with his version of the show.
I have done my fair share of street / grudge racing. The show brings back memories. I even have a few good memories of friends being handcuffed and hauled away.

Them getting arrested more than 20 years ago was a nightmare. It's a hilarious story today though.
Years ago when I stomped around Philly on Sunday nights, there was a JJ Da Boss at every location. It was all about the hustle and making $ off someone who wasn’t as street savvy.
Carolina Dragway (House of Hook) is full of hustlers every Thursday night. The sideline betting is just as fun to watch as the race.
yea I keep hearing that but I can assure u the money is REAL and ppl like barefoot Ronni don't drive that far to lose money so id say ur comment is nothing more then internet BS!
Dig around online and you can find a lot of the guys on the show. You can likely talk yourself into a race.

At that point, feel free to call BS.

Several of the boys on Street Outlaws make regular trips to Carolina Dragway. The money and the drive is all real.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

racerbox77

Established Member
For all those saying the street racing is BS and fake, I can tell them they are wrong. The only thing not real is that running from the cops isn't a distraction. My family got the privilege of being invited to the Memphis race. Bet real money against real street cars. Got loose and had to let off which led to a $5k lose of real money. JJ isnt a bad guy either. Lot of good people were there that love drag racing and were lucky enough to be on TV.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
How can anyone call any of the racing 'fake'? Yeah, the dialogue and many other parts are rehearsed and staged, but I gotta believe the races are 100% genuine.

I'm still not quite getting "chase is a race". Does that mean if I see you leave way early, and then I simply sit at the start line... I win? But if I choose to 'chase' you, then the race is on?

racerbox77

Established Member
How can anyone call any of the racing 'fake'? Yeah, the dialogue and many other parts are rehearsed and staged, but I gotta believe the races are 100% genuine.

I'm still not quite getting "chase is a race". Does that mean if I see you leave way early, and then I simply sit at the start line... I win? But if I choose to 'chase' you, then the race is on?
Yes. A chase is a race. No chase you win. And they're not rehearsed, at least not while at the race location in Memphis.

Sent from the SVTP app

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm just not a fan of the same old stuff they do in OKC. When they race out of towners it's usually a good episode

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

That is the idea and definition.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
"Chase is a race" the only time that you win while siting on the starting line is when the other guy leaves early. Watch them, often times the cars leave when the arms go up not down. If you chase him and get beat you loose. If you sit still they will look at the cameras and see if the other guy jumped.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Not even if you paid me. This show isn't any different than other reality shows like those midget shows, real housewives shows, baking shows, etc..,

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Just watched it. I honestly like it. It feels different than the original street outlaws. Id say we as the audience need more time to get to know this new crew but so far it was entertaining, street racing from a dig on water burnout its as real as it gets.

And seriously, Ronnie Pace has never gone down a road straight since IVe been watching any of the street outlaws lmao. Killer cars though, and Im sure the man can drive the wheels off but man does he have shitty SO luck.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Racing on a street, is not Street Racing.

Gas Monkey Garage is more real that SO, and Gas Monkey is not real.

LOL, Hot Rod featured a GM car on the cover this month, shameless plugging is had.

I'll watch them, but it is TV, not reality TV.

E

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Mark my words, this will be pretty much the demise of the whole series. They are flooding viewers with too much.

Should have just kept the original SO. I watch it every week, and find it interesting and entertaining.
No one gives 2 shits about some annoying loud mouth from Memphis. Keep him as an occasional guest on OKC SO.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Yes, though it is very stupid, that is the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread