Stolen '04 Recovered Sad Pics of Friend's Car

BenD

Established Member
Another solution for theft protection

You can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. Relocate your battery to the trunk and at the same time NHRA requires rear mounted shut off switch. That's what I did, but not for the theft problem, but the weight problem. Removing any weight off the front is an advantage.

When you park your car just shut off the switch, no one will ever be able to get it started and not likely to figure the out why or find the switch. Theives cant afford to take a lot of time trying to determine why they can't get it started...I would think! unless they have a tow truck.

Last edited:

cobraracer46

Banned
BenD said:
You can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. Relocate your battery to the trunk and at the same time NHRA requires rear mounted shut off switch. That's what I did, but not for the theft problem, but the weight problem. Removing any weight off the front is an advantage.

When you park your car just shut off the switch, no one will ever be able to get it started and not likely to figure the out why or find the switch. Theives cant afford to take a lot of time trying to determine why they can't get it started...I would think! unless they have a tow truck.
The Pats system did its job, the scum bags proboley uesd a flat bed truck to steal it.

Fleck 5

Established Member
Lawman85 said:
I think everyone is missing a very important point here.... VNMISS is a major hottie!!!!! Sorry... it was either cry at the chopped up Cobra, or stare at VNMISS's pic....lol....

I second that. Any more pics of VNMISS? Her front end looks better than the missing cobra.

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
KappaRaider said:
why does it not say cobra on the back bumper?

You have to look really close in pic # 3 to see the cobra. He did not have inserts and they ripped the bumper when they hauled it off.

V8Mustang

Established Member
Relocate your battery to the trunk and at the same time NHRA requires rear mounted shut off switch. That's what I did, but not for the theft problem, but the weight problem. Removing any weight off the front is an advantage.

When you park your car just shut off the switch, no one will ever be able to get it started and not likely to figure the out why or find the switch.
I am not sure this is a good idea unless you have a power source to at least your computer when the "switch" is turned off.

Bluedot_26

This Space For Rent
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Make sure you get all the facts before you buy a Lojack. I was told by the Ford dealer that your local police department has to set up for Lojack before it does any good and only the bigger departments are at this time. I guess Lojack sends out a signal that has to be picked up by the police. If they don't have the equipment...it's no good to you. There is another system out there that sounds better. It uses GPS and I believe satellites to relay the signal to the company no matter where the car is in the country. They can call whatever police department that is necessary. They are claiming a much higher recovery rate than Lojack.

Can't speak for the rest of the country ... but if you live in the SF bay area, you are GTG with LoJack. Worth the money and the location will be found in min of report.

For what it's worth ....

lafave

Cop didn't see it....
Established Member
My lucky day. :rolling:

My buddy is a finance manager for Lexus and he gave me a call yesterday. He wanted to know if I had put an alarm on my Cobra. I told him not yet and he asked me if I wanted the basic LoJack for $50 over his cost. I asked him what his cost was and he told me $345. The early warning is an extra $200, so I'm going to be getting it for $595 installed. :pepper:

*edit - I bought it yesterday, and it came to $641.12 after tax.

Last edited:

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
holy shit
i need to install my clifford ASAP
shit...i need a new money tree for lojack!

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
VNMISS said:
I just called Lojack and they quoted me at $995 + tax, which includes the system, install, plus early warning. Is that a good price for the system?

I think I paid ~800.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
thats pretty gay, they coulda took the back bumper and sold that too, they coulda gotten rid of all the rims even if some were scratched, just real cheap.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Here's one thing that really makes me wonder. Here's the scenario:

1. Cobra Owner takes car to dealer.
  2. Dealer has shady mechanic who cuts and programs additional car keys bought from another dealership.
  3. Keys are sold to a friend at a local body shop.
  4. Car is located based on physical address on file at the dealership.
  5. Car stolen using cut and programmed key roughly a month later..
  6. Parts are stripped and used for different collision.
  7. Motor parted off to black market.

No evidence of breakin. Lo-Jack does not activate since key is in ignition. :read: :eek:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
Here's one thing that really makes me wonder. Here's the scenario:

1. Cobra Owner takes car to dealer.
  2. Dealer has shady mechanic who cuts and programs additional car keys bought from another dealership.
  3. Keys are sold to a friend at a local body shop.
  4. Car is located based on physical address on file at the dealership.
  5. Car stolen using cut and programmed key roughly a month later..
  6. Parts are stripped and used for different collision.
  7. Motor parted off to black market.

No evidence of breakin. Lo-Jack does not activate since key is in ignition. :read: :eek:

Youve watched gone in 60 seconds too many times. :D

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
mike79 said:
Youve watched gone in 60 seconds too many times. :D

That's true, but it's definitely easier on the Fords since nobody tracks anything. We're not talking about special order keys from Hamburg. :D

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:

Lo-Jack is not dependant on key use or not. The owner calls Lo-Jack to activate regardless of if proper keys are used or not.

Early warning system is just that - you get a call/email/text message to indicate that the car has been moved, nothing more, nothing less. You still need to call Lo-Jack to activate and initiate search.

lafave

Cop didn't see it....
Established Member
Actually, my Early Warning came with a key fob that has to be within a few feet of the ignition in order for the system to not contact me.

I can hook anyone up with LoJack w/Early Warning for $795 + tax installed. Just send me a PM.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Right - the idea is that you get a call if the car is moved without it. But it's just a heads up, not an actual activation to initiate the search.

Users who are viewing this thread