Stolen '04 Recovered Sad Pics of Friend's Car

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
One more reason why I keep my car as dirty as possible.

What's really odd is that they left the rear rims in tact. That to me smells fishy. EDIT: Nevermind. Must have been a rashed rim. They took 3.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
They mentioned something about etching in that thread. Why not just etch the serial number onto every major part of the vehicle?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The pics didn't work on the other forum?

Does that VINetcher REALLY work??

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
The pics didn't work on the other forum?

Does that VINetcher REALLY work??

No. You think thieves care about windows when they're making 3-4G's on the motor?

Firme

Established Member
That just makes me sick to my stomach.

03SoCalCobra said:
Holy SH**.. So much for PATS. Alarm starting to look like a pretty good investment, I can see how parting out an 03/04 would be a lucrative business.

I am willing to bet that the PATS did its job. From the sound of it, they just rolled up and loaded it on a Tow Truck. Also, an alarm is only good for fighting of petty theives, the pros can get around all that.

I had a friends who's XM radio got stollen out of his F-250 at a restaurant. He had an alarm, it went off. But people that were in the area during the theft said the heard the alarm and didn't think anything of it. Thats how useful alarms are nowadays. Unless the owner hears it, or its one that pages you about a possible occurance, people usually ignore them.

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
carolinacat said:
If someone wants something bad enough they can get it. If they cant get it to start theyll just put it on a roll back. Man that sucks.

Exactly. Regardless of the type of security you have, if they want something bad enough they'll get it. That really sucks though. I guess that's what insurance is for. I hope he didn't have much invested in the car.

metaman

Established Member
This is why I bought the gap coverage. If this happens to my car, I will just say "I will take another one of those with less mileage please".

VNMISS

Established Member
I just called Lojack and they quoted me at $995 + tax, which includes the system, install, plus early warning. Is that a good price for the system?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I'm wondering if magnetic lemons and "I bought this lemon from xxxx dealership" window stickers would deter theft. :D

V8Mustang

Established Member
I just called Lojack and they quoted me at $995 + tax, which includes the system, install, plus early warning. Is that a good price for the system?

Same as what they told me so they are consistent. IMO, consistently high but possibly worth it if you want the car back after it has likely been beat to death or worse. Still unsure if I will buy this or not.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
lafave said:
LoJack baby!

Make sure you get all the facts before you buy a Lojack. I was told by the Ford dealer that your local police department has to set up for Lojack before it does any good and only the bigger departments are at this time. I guess Lojack sends out a signal that has to be picked up by the police. If they don't have the equipment...it's no good to you. There is another system out there that sounds better. It uses GPS and I believe satellites to relay the signal to the company no matter where the car is in the country. They can call whatever police department that is necessary. They are claiming a much higher recovery rate than Lojack.

I know...don't yell at me...because I can't remember the name of it. I will make a call and give you all the website. :bash:

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
WOW.....Thats insane...talk about some serious pros on that job......I would have probably puked my guts out at that site........Hopefully it all works out for him and he can get a new ride along w/ lo-jack or something----JT

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
even thieves know the IRS is crappy.

sucks.

speaking of which, time to get my piece appraised.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Make sure you get all the facts before you buy a Lojack. I was told by the Ford dealer that your local police department has to set up for Lojack before it does any good and only the bigger departments are at this time. I guess Lojack sends out a signal that has to be picked up by the police. If they don't have the equipment...it's no good to you. There is another system out there that sounds better. It uses GPS and I believe satellites to relay the signal to the company no matter where the car is in the country. They can call whatever police department that is necessary. They are claiming a much higher recovery rate than Lojack.

I know...don't yell at me...because I can't remember the name of it. I will make a call and give you all the website. :bash:

It used to be whereisthecar.com but they apparently went bankrupt.

Here is something to consider:

http://www.pimall.com/nais/cartrack.html

I just quickly scanned the site...the background is hideous but it's navigable. $495 for the unit, unknown if the owner incurs a monthly fee for monitoring. If you live in certain areas, I'd consider just budgeting it in...

EDIT:never mind, there's no recurring fees but the unit does not transmit, it just conducts surveillance and the info must be physically retrieved at a later time...shux.

How about this one from SPOOKTECH :eek:

http://www.spooktech.com/trackingeqmt/cellutrack2.shtml

It actually uses a cellphone relay system for tracking. Pretty nifty, and you know pretty much what your bills are going to be...just get on a plan that will let you add a line for $5.95 a month and then budget that in. You won't be using your minutes unless you have an emergency and need to track the car, and then the minutes will be inconsequential...

Last edited:

ausie

Established Member
It looks like they only wanted the motor, seats and the basic parts usually damaged with a front end collision. Those pictures look like they came from an angry chevey owner who just had to chop up the competition. My guess is that they were not done with chopping it up. They missed the IRS as well.

Users who are viewing this thread