Stock Z06 blows engine on track

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
Huh? If there is a mechanical failure from using a feature that the manufacture installed from the factory, we should not expect it to be covered under warranty? :banana: Interesting!! So I guess if you turn off the active handling on the Z06, dump the clutch on the street in a stock car I should not expect GM not to cover a mechanical failure?

BTW, since when did launching cars to their ability become ricer?? :lol:

If a manufacture says to not do something or you warranty can be voided and your dumb enough to do it anyway, then you should man up.What is so hard to understand about that? Yes i consider anyone who thinks that high rpm clutch dumps on the STREETS is regular driving to be ricers.

Last edited:

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
gm tells you that because the c5z is not a dry sump. dry sump...oil pan...old school new school, doesn't matter when a rocker arm fails because a gm parts supplier had his finger up his ass. makes people question design, builder...sometimes everyone but the real culprit....a supplier

"where's my end caps?"

whoops...thanks rocker arm man supplier! thats got to be good for oiling! :rolling:

How about these valves?
Iphone7-20-09035.jpg

Iphone7-20-09034.jpg

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
You cant just abuse a car and expect the manufacture to replace stuff for free if something breaks.If your willing to abuse/track/mod a car then you should man up, period.There is no use in turning vdc off on the street unless your using lc. In that case, anyone that thinks high rpm clutch dumps on the street is regular street driving is a ricer anyway.
All 2010 Corvettes will come with LC stock. GM has already announced that repeated use will not void the powertrain warranty, in fact when GM briefed the Corvette community about this new feature they actually RECOMMENDED it be used for quick acceleration from a dead stop versus a manual clutch dump because the parameters programmed into the ECU when LC is enabled are designed to help prevent premature transmission failure.

U.M.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
If a manufacture says to not do something or you warranty can be voided and your dumb enough to do it anyway, then you should man up.What is so hard to understand about that?.

Nissan quoted performance stats using the factory installed launch control, yet if you use it your car becomes unreliable and any failure will not be covered by warranty. :lol:

Now THAT'S WHAT I CONSIDER DUMB, is that too hard to comprehend?

Yes i consider anyone who thinks that high rpm clutch dumps on the STREETS is regular driving to be ricers

These are STREET CARS, they are intended to perform well on the STREET. GM will cover your warranty no matter how you drive your factory vehicle on the STREET. Nissan realized a factory feature compromised the reliability of the glass drivetrain. Nissan themselves admitted it was a mistake by removing it. :kaboom:

Nissan drops Launch Control from 2010 GT-R — Autoblog

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
All 2010 Corvettes will come with LC stock. GM has already announced that repeated use will not void the powertrain warranty, in fact when GM briefed the Corvette community about this new feature they actually RECOMMENDED it be used for quick acceleration from a dead stop versus a manual clutch dump because the parameters programmed into the ECU when LC is enabled are designed to help prevent premature transmission failure.

U.M.

Yea i know, but who said anything about having or not having lc in the new vette?

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
Nissan quoted performance stats using the factory installed launch control, yet if you use it your car becomes unreliable and any failure will not be covered by warranty. :lol:

Now THAT'S WHAT I CONSIDER DUMB, is that too hard to comprehend?

So this should force you to use it anyway? I think it was dumb as well, but that doesn't make me dumb enough to use it anyway :bash:.If you dislike the terms either dont buy the car or sell it. Its that simple.

These are STREET CARS, they are intended to perform well on the STREET. GM will cover your warranty no matter how you drive your factory vehicle on the STREET. Nissan realized a factory feature compromised the reliability of the glass drivetrain. Nissan themselves admitted it was a mistake by removing it. :kaboom:

Nissan drops Launch Control from 2010 GT-R — Autoblog

You might want to reread you own outdated source where it says update. They never removed anything :read:. They addressed it with lc2 in the later 2009 and all 2010 cars. Everyone knows that the first year of cars should be avoided and later models would get the improvements. My whole point is that if something is in the terms in a contract/warranty and YOU CHOOSE to break those terms then you should pay up.Gm has there terms just like every other manufacture and will void a warranty based on those terms. Do you disagree?

Last edited:

MustangGuyo246

1997 pacific green Cobra
Established Member
Tell you what, if I paid 70k for one of those things (or whatever the price was being sold at at the time) and that happened to me, I'd be pissed !

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
So this should force you to use it anyway? I think it was dumb as well, but that doesn't make me dumb enough to use it anyway :bash:.If you dislike the terms either dont buy the car or sell it. Its that simple.

Who said it would force me to use it? My point being the Corvette is NOTHING like the GTR when it comes to voiding warranties. There is no factory installed option that voids the warranty, there is no black box connected to the GPS that can tell the dealership that you were racing at a track.

My whole point is that if something is in the terms in a contract/warranty and YOU CHOOSE to break those terms then you should pay up.Gm has there terms just like every other manufacture and will void a warranty based on those terms. Do you disagree?

Read what I posted above..:read: The examples you posted were obvious reasons for having a warranty voided. Admitting track use and modifying the car. Nissan has gone above and beyond that, so no it's not like every other manufacture. They know that the GTR is expensive to fix and easily breakable at factory power levels, so they incorporated stricter ways to determine abuse. For years people have been getting cars they raced at tracks fixed under warranty, Nissan changed that with the GTR. You can't even mod those things and turn them back to stock, the black box records everything and NO warranty work is completed until the black box data is investigated.

Last edited:

ScrewDrvr

Established Member
what a piece of shit, rofl

slower than a GTR and explodes on the track.

Thus the reason a homeless man on the street has more money than all of GM.

edit- Hey, it really IS fun to act like an ignorant redneck. I now understand why you GTR haters do it!!

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
edit- Hey, it really IS fun to act like an ignorant redneck. I now understand why you GTR haters do it!!

This coming from someone who's sole purpose is to troll this forum. :sleeping: I challenge you to find one post of yours that's SVT related, it's nothing but calling everyone a redneck and nutswinging off GTRs and Supras. :lol1:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
what a piece of shit, rofl

slower than a GTR and explodes on the track.

wtf are you talking about? the best c6z stock 1/4 times already bests the gtr times, launch control or not. lets not even go to the highway roll game....ls7 would murder a gtr

a c6z doesn't need a launch control, just a real car for a real driver. driving an automatic would get boring :sleeping:

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
Who said it would force me to use it? My point being the Corvette is NOTHING like the GTR when it comes to voiding warranties. There is no factory installed option that voids the warranty, there is no black box connected to the GPS that can tell the dealership that you were racing at a track.

Read what I posted above..:read: The examples you posted were obvious reasons for having a warranty voided. Admitting track use and modifying the car. Nissan has gone above and beyond that, so no it's not like every other manufacture. They know that the GTR is expensive to fix and easily breakable at factory power levels, so they incorporated stricter ways to determine abuse. For years people have been getting cars they raced at tracks fixed under warranty, Nissan changed that with the GTR. You can't even mod those things and turn them back to stock, the black box records everything and NO warranty work is completed until the black box data is investigated.

They said do not turn vdc off or it could void you warranty! That's a pretty obvious reason to me. Whether or not we think lc1/vdc off should have been covered is irrelevant(i think it should have). Fact is, anyone that break any terms in there warranty with any manufacture should be prepared to pay if something fails..Gm has proven that they follow threw just like other manufacturers when people go against there terms.Meaning when they know the terms have been broken.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
They said do not turn vdc off or it could void you warranty! That's a pretty obvious reason to me. Whether or not people used to get away with mods or if you or i think lc1/vdc off should have been covered is irrelevant. Fact is, anyone that goes against any terms in there warranty with any manufacture should be prepared to pay if something fails..Gm has proven that they follow threw just like other manufacturers when people go against there terms.

They didn't say it "could" they said it "would" void your warranty. Basically they bragged about the GTRs 0-60 and 1/4 mile times but said if you drive it to achieve the performance we stated then your warranty is void.

Yes if you go against the manufacture's terms, (and they can prove it) then your warranty is void. I'm not arguing otherwise, however, Nissan goes out of their way to prove you voided your warranty by installing a black box interfaced with the GPS that maps out every race track in the country. The black box records data to see whether the car has been modified in anyway, whether you turn the car back to stock or not. My point being, it's not like any other manufacture. GM doesn't do that to Corvette owners, when a failure happens they don't investigate a sophisticated system designed to void warranties.

People who get their warranties voided in Corvettes go into the dealership and admit the failure happened while racing at a track, or they bring it into the dealership modified instead of turning it back to stock.

Your whole argument is, "if you go against the terms your warranty is voided like with any car manufacture". What you're not acknowledging is how Nissan enforces their terms, which DOES set it apart from any other manufacture.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread