stock 2011 5.0 vs 2003 kenne bell cobra

superman

Established Member
I ran my buddy's cobra last wednesday night on the highway from a dig. Both cars on stock tires. mine is bone stock-his is a built motor making 660 hp to the rear tire. Out ran him twice. i have the video-will try to post later this week. :banana:

D.T.R

Established Member
I ran my buddy's cobra last wednesday night on the highway from a dig. Both cars on stock tires. mine is bone stock-his is a built motor making 660 hp to the rear tire. Out ran him twice. i have the video-will try to post later this week. :banana:

wow.. i read the title of the thread and I came in just to read "It was a joke guys... this wouldn't even be a rece" .... but I see that you're serious lol

YOu outran his traction ahaha... tell your buddy that if he has the funds to invest into all those go mods... to spend a lil more into putting it down to the ground and get himself some big o' drag radials :rolling:

Sick03Vert

Banned

Hmm....so what you are saying is the less-powerful car hooked up better on street tires than the 650+ HP car? No way....say it isn't so! :bored:

Sticky tires on the Cobra...the 5.0 is toast. Heck, with those conditions, stickies on BOTH and the stock 5.0 is toast.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Wait..your sig has a Cobra..is that your old car? So a bone stock 2011 GT out ran a car making almost 300 more RWHP?

I am no physicist but I would say you outdrove your friend more than beat the Cobra but a win is a win....

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
are you in pembroke pines, florida? i live 5-10 min from there, you can run my Cobra, and i'll have traction...

S8ER01Z

Established Member
WTF.. I was going to throw out a comment about how the 5.0 should have won this easily...and then... preemptive troll?

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Uuuuhhhh what just happened. I just got b!tch slapped by this story because I surely didnt see this coming.

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using an android phone

superman

Established Member
I live in Pembroke N.C. I still have and race my 2003 Cobra--10.20 138 is the best 1/4 mile pass. 6.50 @110 is the best 1/8 mile. Never said my 5.0 was faster or made more power than the cobra. My buddy called me out and wanted to run me. I knew what was going to happen on the highway and him on street tires-i guess he didn't LOL or figured he could outrun me anyhow. I've been racing for 27 years and hangman if we were closer i would love to run you(but i would proably need my Cobra LOL)

D.T.R

Established Member
I live in Pembroke N.C. I still have and race my 2003 Cobra--10.20 138 is the best 1/4 mile pass. 6.50 @110 is the best 1/8 mile. Never said my 5.0 was faster or made more power than the cobra. My buddy called me out and wanted to run me. I knew what was going to happen on the highway and him on street tires-i guess he didn't LOL or figured he could outrun me anyhow. I've been racing for 27 years and hangman if we were closer i would love to run you(but i would proably need my Cobra LOL)

Sounds like you should be in the 9s with that trap :rolling:

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member

Damn, but you have to understand, its just hard to believe this happened, do you not agree? I mean even with no traction that cobra should have been passing the 5.0 sideways.

edit: of course driver mod plays a big part, 27 years racing is allot of experience.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
Damn, but you have to understand, its just hard to believe this happened, do you not agree? I mean even with no traction that cobra should have been passing the 5.0 sideways.

edit: of course driver mod plays a big part, 27 years racing is allot of experience.

I believe it I mean... The 5.0 just hooks and goes... while the cobra is spinning endlessly... and yeah once the cobra hooks it should be coming at the 5.0 like a train... but we don't know quite exactly when that is.... and if the 5.0 did not already quit the race by then. I totally know this... I drive a 700whp Honda that will spin endlessly from a low roll... even with drag radials.. so sometimes slower cars get the jump... and then I have to reel them in.

Dark_5.0

Established Member
Not hard for me to believe at all. I see suped up GT500's and ZO6's at the 1/8th mile track that cant get out of the 9's all the time. You cant get acceleration without traction.

blkvenm97

Established Member
it seems the cobra would walk this car with or without traction but then again it depends on how far the race went. I used to have a 95 gt with a trickflow h/c/i 347 stroker. it had the track heat intake and twisted wedge heads and a comp 270 cam with full bolt ons and 4.10s. not the best setup but should have easily put down AT LEAST 320 to the wheels and far more than that in the torque department and I raced a full bolt on 99 gt and it was basically even (sort of) from a slow roll to about 80 because my 95 was spinnin through 1st and all of 2nd. it was a short road and we was just messin around but i know there's no way in hell that 99 was as fast as my 95 cuz the parts he had would be lucky to give him 270 rwhp and it was a vert. he had a slight jump at the beginning and hooked and booked compared to my horrible spinning and it looks like on the vid his car is as fast but trust me it wasn't even close. it's 95 gt vs 99 gt on youtube...check it out if you want. but then again back to this race...300 extra rwhp....that's a little hard to swallow even with traction issues but ya never know...

Users who are viewing this thread