stock 2011 5.0 vs 2003 kenne bell cobra

VMC

Established Member
It is pretty amazing how 2 totally different cars can be so closely matched. I wouldn't mind having one of each either. It's raw brute force vs refined technology. Or if you can afford it, get the GT500 and have the best of both worlds!

Lightnin440

Established Member
It is pretty amazing how 2 totally different cars can be so closely matched. I wouldn't mind having one of each either. It's raw brute force vs refined technology. Or if you can afford it, get the GT500 and have the best of both worlds!

Agreed on all fronts! lol Which was why I had to up the ante, embrace the H2O/Ramen diet for a bit & buy the GT500! hahaha But I have no regrets looking back!

2SlwPgy

Established Member
Even the first generation "stock" GT500 were close to a "stock" Terminator. The biggest difference being weight. So to compare the two now is unfair. The Terminator set the building block and since then, Ford has stepped up its game with the new GT and GT500. For awhile it looked like Ford took the backseat to the musclecar HP wars and took a lot of ass whippings from Chevy and Dodge. No longer the case.

Grabber07'

Established Member
This thread makes me laugh. The new 5.0 is a bad ass ride...with just a few bolt ons its a 400rwhp mustang with all the latest in technology and creature comforts Ford has to offer. Not to mention it is on par with an M3 on a road course SRA and all.

The Terminator is an amazing ride as well, legendary in fact as others have stated. But lumping an entire car owner population into one profile as someone did with the 5.0 is ignorant and immature. Then to go on and state they are equal to SRT4 owners is down right juvenile. Sure some owners can be egotistical no nothing morons, BUT you dont think that there arent any terminator owners that act the exact same way? Around here Terminator owners age Avg is around 27 yrs old (You think maturity is high with this bunch?) No one should even have to explain this...I feel dumber even having to mention this comparison.

I own a GT500 and dont mind the least bit being compared to a Terminator or GT....why? Because Im not a douche

We are all Ford Mustang enthusiasts that have respect for others rides, it just isnt showing through some in this thread.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
Not again.:nonono:

Can we PLEASE stop comparing GT vs Cobra? Please? They are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT animals.

I swear, Ford gives the GT a little more punch, and the next thing you know the egos come out.

Call it a gut feeling...but I bet the majority of GT owners are going to be the younger guys with something to prove. The Cobra guys will be a little bit older and appreciate and know their cars more. That's the problem.

Anytime you have a new guy at ANYTHING come in and try to take over, you are going to have a lot of push back against that.

We SHOULD all be united..and I really feel that, spare the 5.0 crowd, we pretty much are.

You want to hang around and be part of the crowd, then don't go shooting off at the mouth about how you're the best and you know best. No different than starting a new job, for example. Just bc you THINK you know best, doesn't mean you start telling everyone what to do on day one.

I think none of this is going to help this thread though.:shrug:
IDK where you live, but around here any kid is going around and buying beat up cobras for like $14k ... and thinking they're the shit.
On the other hand, I haven't seen a single "kid" rocking a new 5.0... it's mostly people in their late 20s, or in their 30s.. and that aren't low lives.I'm pretty sure is because of the price..

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
This thread makes me laugh. The new 5.0 is a bad ass ride...with just a few bolt ons its a 400rwhp mustang with all the latest in technology and creature comforts Ford has to offer. Not to mention it is on par with an M3 on a road course SRA and all.

The Terminator is an amazing ride as well, legendary in fact as others have stated. But lumping an entire car owner population into one profile as someone did with the 5.0 is ignorant and immature. Then to go on and state they are equal to SRT4 owners is down right juvenile. Sure some owners can be egotistical no nothing morons, BUT you dont think that there arent any terminator owners that act the exact same way? Around here Terminator owners age Avg is around 27 yrs old (You think maturity is high with this bunch?) No one should even have to explain this...I feel dumber even having to mention this comparison.

I own a GT500 and dont mind the least bit being compared to a Terminator or GT....why? Because Im not a douche

We are all Ford Mustang enthusiasts that have respect for others rides, it just isnt showing through some in this thread.
Nailed it right on the head
I vote you for president bro :rockon:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
IDK where you live, but around here any kid is going around and buying beat up cobras for like $14k ... and thinking they're the shit.
On the other hand, I haven't seen a single "kid" rocking a new 5.0... it's mostly people in their late 20s, or in their 30s.. and that aren't low lives.I'm pretty sure is because of the price..

Lol at being able to find terminators easily for 14k, the vast majority sell for around 18-20k

D.T.R

Established Member
Lol at being able to find terminators easily for 14k, the vast majority sell for around 18-20k

I have already seen more than 5 in the $15k range. And that's an ASKING price.... i'm sure you can walk in that place and lower it some more... :rolleyes:

01bluesnake

Established Member

I've seen a few rough shape high mile 03/04's for mid teens. Friend's brother at work bought one only to find out it was in a bad accident and frame was shifted. As soon as he told me that his brother got it for like 14-15, i told him something was F'd, or the owner was partially retarded

D.T.R

Established Member
I've seen a few rough shape high mile 03/04's for mid teens. Friend's brother at work bought one only to find out it was in a bad accident and frame was shifted. As soon as he told me that his brother got it for like 14-15, i told him something was F'd, or the owner was partially retarded

that's exactly it.
Those kind of cars...
it's not too hard to see them floating around for sale.

The fanboism in here is ridiculous... out of control..

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
As for the fan-boys, truthfully, IMO EVERY single Mustang sect has them. I have met people who swear up & down with Fox 5.0's...guys who own Terminator's who think that they are the only "real" cobra's EVER made and that Coletti crafted them from God's own fingernail clippings...guys w/ GT500's who say anything less just looks like a regular Mustang and that they have the best because they were the most expensive...and 5.0 guys who think that their car will smoke EVERYTHING because they have the newest & most tech. advanced NA motor Ford has put out...You know what??? ALL of these people are of equal douche-baggery...

This

I'm still amazed a Terminator owner was the first person to tell me this...although I want to believe he was joking hahaha

:nonono:
The 2011/2012 5.0 crowd will thin out in a few years and the true enthusiasts will remain. So hopefully you'll be able to get along better then. Until then, let's not group everyone into a profile.

This
I was going to exact samething as VMC. Mod for Mod the new 5.0 vs Terminator is a Drivers race. Plenty of races on youtube that prove that statement.
Exactly

Although I sold my Mustang months ago I agree with you.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member

Oh man, sweet car you got there!! Love the color.
nutswinger.gif

2K1 SVT

Established Member
that's exactly it.
Those kind of cars...
it's not too hard to see them floating around for sale.

The fanboism in here is ridiculous... out of control..

Lol at calling me a fanboy, I'm sure that I could find a high mileage or salvage 5.0 for cheap as well. The point is that decent ones still go for 18-20k

JC_SapphireBlue_GT

Established Member
lol at the mustangs vs. the mustangs?
Were all "supposed to be" on the same team!

Both the 03-04 Cobra and the new 5.0's are indeed amazing machines.

I'm going with the new 5.0 or maybe a Boss 302 simply due to the fact of the new
interior styling and I can get a 48-72 car loan haha.

jake74

Established Member
My brother has a 04 cobra it make's 468hp to the wheels and I have a 2012 boss but we haven't had a chance to race yet.I think it should be a good race.I drove his car down the 1/8 last year and did a soft launch on et streets so I didn't kill his irs rear and it still did a 7.70 so he should get me but it should be a fun race.

Qwk GT

Established Member

14k? Maybe a high mileage busted up POS that I garauntee has a motor that has been beat to shit. And that motor will obviously not run as strong as one taken care of.

More if the mileage is low.

I didn't read the whole thread as I can't believe such a b.s. thread got so many replies. I think the whole dollar for dollar comparison goes to the cobra, for sheer fact that a simple pulley will put it well ahead of the 5.0.

And all of these "well put a supercharger on the 5.0" bla bla...... Cobra's come with a shitty supercharger to begin with, freakin heaton..... Put the same tvs/twin screw on the cobra, while the numbers may be similar, I think I'd be more confident in my motor staying together in the cobra.

That being said, I still like the 5.0, but personally I think from what I'm reading the owners of those cars are worse being douche's then terminator owners.....

But I could be biased.:-D

superman

Established Member
14k? Maybe a high mileage busted up POS that I garauntee has a motor that has been beat to shit. And that motor will obviously not run as strong as one taken care of.

More if the mileage is low.

I didn't read the whole thread as I can't believe such a b.s. thread got so many replies. I think the whole dollar for dollar comparison goes to the cobra, for sheer fact that a simple pulley will put it well ahead of the 5.0.

And all of these "well put a supercharger on the 5.0" bla bla...... Cobra's come with a shitty supercharger to begin with, freakin heaton..... Put the same tvs/twin screw on the cobra, while the numbers may be similar, I think I'd be more confident in my motor staying together in the cobra.

That being said, I still like the 5.0, but personally I think from what I'm reading the owners of those cars are worse being douche's then terminator owners.....

But I could be biased.:-D

I agree on how this thread went off topic but how is the thread b.s. I only psoted a kill which is what this forum is for.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread