Stiegemeier Is Not Recommending 4#lower

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
JKD COBRA said:
Isn't this the exact same post from page five?
absolutely. they don't even have the common courtesy to post a legitimate response to everyone's concerns. they repost the same post which everyone has asked questions about. again, unbelievable. everyone that has yet to get their questions answered.... buy a kb or whipple.

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
Patience is the key everyone I know that Stiegemeier will post a legitimate response in due time that will address everyone's concerns. In the mean time we just have to be patient and wait for and update.

-Benny-

Brian97vobra

Established Member
ASSASSIN said:
Patience is the key everyone I know that Stiegemeier will post a legitimate response in due time that will address everyone's concerns. In the mean time we just have to be patient and wait for and update.

-Benny-

No excuses in my opinion...
But not that i really care cause i'm not planning on porting my blower till later this summer. :D But i would like to know so i'll buy the right pulley combo.

WDW MKR

Established Member
ASSASSIN said:

-Benny-

As a manufacturer with a loyal following, you don't post bold claims w/out supporting information, then throw fuel to the fire by supplying vague and senseless replies. There are many people who just spent hard-earned money on a Stage IV port and a pulley combo they thought was acceptable. If that information has changed as a result of recent equipment tests and/or damage, then we deserve to know. If that information has not changed, then why pop on the web to spread confusion and ensue a panic?

I'm comfortable with how I'm running my Steg-ported blower, but that doesn't mean I don't want or deserve to know what is going on with this whole deal.

dynobobstieg

No case cracking has ever occured on any ported or unported case-but if you install your pulley wrong it can cause rear rotor rub and lock up the unit Also if you are shredding belts your pulleys are mis-aligned.
Stiegemeier blower ports are designed to work best at 15 to 16 lbs of boost -With extremly high reliablity.
Track only cars experiment with all boost levels and tuning mods to fully exploit max performance-Something that should not be tried on a daily driver.

I am Sorry for any confusion just make sure you control your boost at the desired boost level. We picked on the 4# and it is the Boost Level that is the main topic. A 6# lower with stock upper will yeild 15#s of boost, little if any belt slip- Ideal combo but most everyone changes the upper pulley as one of their first mods (average size being 2.80).
Later mods can be adding a lower pulley:
2# +2.80 = 16lbs boost. (daily driver)
4# + 2.80 = 17 lbs boost (weekend racer)
6# + 2.80 = 19 lbs boost (track only)

95% of our business is daily drivers with max realiability being a main concern.

I Apologize for not giving you all a better explaination of what Bob was trying to convey
. We are extremely busy at present time. If anyone has any other questions or concerns please call or e-mail us.
[email protected]
636-949-2275

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Stiegemeier said:
No case cracking has ever occured on any ported or unported case-but if you install your pulley wrong it can cause rear rotor rub and lock up the unit Also if you are shredding belts your pulleys are mis-aligned.
Stiegemeier blower ports are designed to work best at 15 to 16 lbs of boost -With extremly high reliablity.
Track only cars experiment with all boost levels and tuning mods to fully exploit max performance-Something that should not be tried on a daily driver.

I am Sorry for any confusion just make sure you control your boost at the desired boost level. We picked on the 4# and it is the Boost Level that is the main topic. A 6# lower with stock upper will yeild 15#s of boost, little if any belt slip- Ideal combo but most everyone changes the upper pulley as one of their first mods (average size being 2.80).

95% of our business is daily drivers with max realiability being a main concern.

I Apologize for not giving you all a better explaination of what Bob was trying to convey
. We are extremely busy at present time. If anyone has any other questions or concerns please call or e-mail us.
[email protected]
636-949-2275

Thanks - that explains things! You all were referring to a 2.80 upper when talking about the 4# lower.... :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Stiegemeier said:

[email protected]
636-949-2275
Great post. I love the three recommendations for Daily, Weekend and Track. :beer:

lafave

Cop didn't see it....
Established Member
Billetflow states that a 2.93 yeilds 5 to 6 #s of boost over stock, and a 2.76 yields 6 to 7. I have a 2.93 and see 13. I don't have a lower, but plan on running one at some point. So for those of you running any type of lower, are you seeing 2, 4, 6 #'s of boost as advertised, or are they like an upper where a 2# could yield 2 to 3, a 4# could yield 4 to 5?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Here's the response from Modfords from Stieg, hope this clears everything up!

I Apologize for not giving you all a better explaination of what Bob was trying to convey. We are extremely busy at present time. If anyone has any other questions or concerns please call or e-mail us.
[email protected]
636-949-2275
DYNO JET CHASSIS DYNO
636-949-2275
www.stiegemeier.com
[email protected]
www.milehidyno.com

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
A 2.8 and #4 it is for me then ( as soon as HPP is done with her). Weekend racer working on the driver mod. Good ending to a rough start. Thanks.

tscripa

Definitely a communication and PR FUBAR. I was starting to think that this would get as big as the "Let's see all the hot girlfriends" thread.

Although I am less committed than a week ago, I will resume my previous plans to get a Stieg port.

Users who are viewing this thread