Stiegemeier Is Not Recommending 4#lower

dynobobstieg

Stiegemeier's Recommendation with our ported blower -A 2# Lower is Fine- But never use a 4# Lower it causes excessive heat build up and power loss, also rotor flex and case rub can follow.

I had stated earlier a 3.0 Upper with 4# Lower would be 16#s boost and ok-Well it was Assumed that a 2.93 upper and 4# lower is close to the same and what would be the difference-Then the next guy would figure more is better-That is not always the case. At up to 15#s of boost there are no fuel mods needed- Making tuning not so difficult.

At 16#s boost you will need a MAF extender ,BAP, spark plugs and after time a upgraded clutch-Making tuning more difficult.

At 17#s of boost you will need All Fuel Mods Big Air MAF, Focus Pumps or BAP,60# Injectors, Bigger Cooler, spark plug specific,selective fuel, Headers, CAT Hi Flo or Delete Uddated stronger clutch-Making tuning very difficult.
More boost more Heat when engine sensors read something unusual the react in a safe position-these areas must be datalogged and addressed individually.

To comment on my statement about boost I realize there are some out there who run 17#s boost very sucessfully. These individuals have worked very hard to gain the knowledge and experience to do this along with untold expenditures. I can not and would not expect these Cobra Warriors to pass on the recipe for Hi Boost Power.
These combos need many fuel mods and accessories- The biggest factor being an Ace Tuner. If your area is anything like ours- We now have 5 new dyno shops (within the last year) in a 5 mile radius- They are just starting their tuning learning curve.

Last edited by a moderator:

mosconiac

Established Member
Are you saying anything above a 2# is detrimental to blower life? Is this only for combination with upper pulleys or in all cases?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Stiegemeier said:
Stiegemeier's Recommendation with our ported blower -A 2# Lower is Fine- But never use a 4# Lower it causes excessive heat build up and power loss, also rotor flex and case rub can follow.
Hmmmm......Doesn't the upper pulley size have something to do with this?? The negative symptons you describe are form excessive blower rpm and this can be accomplished in many different combinations.

moddedmystic

Established Member
Really? :eek:
I like my 6lb lower,3.1 upper combo. The car has never felt this strong before. A 2.76 upper and a #2 lower is the same ratio....what gives?
~Mark

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Now that the rules are changing...

Is it the 4lb in general, regardless of what upper, or what?

Is it too much rpm or another cause?

Thanks...

Last edited:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
. I thought you all used to recommed the 2.93 / 4lb combo? .. now you got me worried ..

Crowley

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
dustin said:
Hmmm, this will have impact on my future power adder decisions. I went with at 2.93" upper in favor of later adding a 4# lower.....

+1

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I think Bob needs to clarify this. The pulley ratio is more important than what size the lower is. I'd run the big 6lb lower and larger upper over a small upper and lower any day. Much better belt wrap.

So the question is Bob. What is the optimum pulley ratio for a Stieg ported Eaton?

Users who are viewing this thread