STIEGEMEIER BLOWER PORTING STAGES & PRICING -EXPLAINED

fastcarjoe

Established Member
Hi Bob, I would like to get my blower ported this winter, and have a couple questions. I have a 2.93 billetflow pulley with all the idlers. I want to do a stage 5+ port with welded TB and Pl. Please send me any dyno info on a 2.93 upper/4lb lower car and a 2.76 upper/2lb lower car. How much boost do these combinations make? I am using 93 octane and want your recommendation considering I already have the 2.93. I have a SCT tuner from when the 2.93 upper was put on my blower initially so would you recommend a SCT2800MAF? Would a BAP cover these combos as far as necessary fuel mods? I have a K&N CAI but heard that was junk and I should sell it and go with LFP 10" CAI, is this true? Lastly, how long is the 100 dollar off special good until so I don't miss out? Thanks abunch. [email protected].

dynobobstieg

Hi Bob, I would like to get my blower ported this winter, and have a couple questions. I have a 2.93 billetflow pulley with all the idlers. I want to do a stage 5+ port with welded TB and Pl. Please send me any dyno info on a 2.93 upper/4lb lower car and a 2.76 upper/2lb lower car. How much boost do these combinations make? I am using 93 octane and want your recommendation considering I already have the 2.93. I have a SCT tuner from when the 2.93 upper was put on my blower initially so would you recommend a SCT2800MAF? Would a BAP cover these combos as far as necessary fuel mods? I have a K&N CAI but heard that was junk and I should sell it and go with LFP 10" CAI, is this true? Lastly, how long is the 100 dollar off special good until so I don't miss out? Thanks abunch. [email protected].

email sent
Thanks!!

Albertico88

Established Member
hey Bob i got a question, i recently dyno tuned my cobra. i have a stage 4 port with a 2.8 upper and stock lower. no fuel mods. i do a billetflow plenum and single blade TB. my numbers are 485rwhp and 474rwtq. how come in one of your threads it says that with basically the same mods that i got, people can see 500rwhp?

my complete list of mods is: Stage 4 port from steig, billetflow TB and Plenum, JLT intake, magnaflow catback, upr O/R X-pipe, granetalli coils, tr6 plugs, lfp heat exchanger, 2.8 upper pullley, and a SCT MAF.

EVO ETR03

Topless
Established Member
Steggy, i have an older port stageIII, and i want a stage 5. how much would this upgrade cost? o and i would also like the internals gone over.

dynobobstieg

Do you accept credit card payment over the phone?
Yes, we accept Visa, Mastercard, and PayPal.
(Discounts on money orders/cashier check payable to Stiegemeier)
More payment info:
http://www.stiegemeier.com/payment.html

Do you have cores in Stock?
Yes, Cobra and Lightning cores are in stock.

How do I remove my supercharger and send it in?
Here are complete removal instructions.
http://www.stiegemeier.com/removeinstall.html

What can I do about belt slippage?
A simple and common sense way to improve torque and lessen belt slippage is to grind the pulley stop.
First move your water tank to the side and then remove center bolt. Grind the notch 3/4 back, replace bolt-then tank.
See sample image here.
http://www.stiegemeier.com/images/grindpulley.JPG

How much performance can I expect from your ported combo, pulley and tune on my 03'/04' Cobra?
100 HP, 100 Ft # torque.

Are some Stiegemeier ported blowers better than others?
No. The same stage blowers make the same power and perform within 1 HP of each other.

Why does my blower make noise?
Click here for the answer.
http://www.stiegemeier.com/blowernoise.html

Why does my engine sound like a bird chirping?
Very often a shrill chirping sound may appear to be blower noise but in fact is probably the belt. Check your belt for wear and/or crystalizing and replace if necessary.

Can an older Stage version be upgraded to a more current version?
Certainly! Contact us, tell us what you have and we can discuss options for upgrading.

What should I take off of my blower, TB & PL when I send it in?
All sensors and bypass valve. See the R&R instruction above for complete details.

What about packaging my blower for shipment?
Pad it well, double box and ensure you protect the pulley side. Place a note inside with your name, phone # and address.
Click here for more Shipping Information.
http://www.stiegemeier.com/shipping.html

When should I do maintenance on my blower (i.e. Grease rear bearings and replace the oil)?
Stock pulley - 25,000 miles
Upper pulley only - 20,000 miles
Upper and lower pulleys - 15,000 miles

What is the most cost effective way to reach 500 RWHP with my stock 03'/04 Cobra?
1) Stiegemeier ported combo
2) Straight shot air cleaner
3) NGK TR6 plug, gapped .038
4) 2.8" upper pulley (14.0 #s boost)
5) 73.5 inch belt (guide #)
6) Tune engine with a max of 23 degrees timing and 12.0 A/F ratio

What belt should I run?
First choice is Gates. Their belts are thicker and stretch less. They also grip the best.
Second choice is a Goodyear Gatorback.

Do I need to put oil in my ported blower when I get it back from you?
No, your supercharger has been refilled with new oil and is ready to use.

How much press should I have when installing my upper pulley?
Steel - 0014
Aluminum - 0017
Use oil on shaft and all puller parts. A little heat can help but cool immediately after.

What boost level should I run?
The Stiegemeier Ported Combo runs best at 16#s boost. You should not exceed 17#s boost.

Do I have to retune my car to accommodate for the porting work only?
No, the porting has no effect on your tune and a retune is not needed.

Do I need to upgrade my fuel system?
You can run up to 16#s of boost with a stock fuel system. Any additional boost would require a fuel system upgrade.

What should I tune my vehicle with?
The Diablo Predator is the most simple and user friendly device for vehicles with a stock fuel system and no more than 16#s of boost.
The SCT XCalibrator or chip is a must for high boost levels, fuel mods, throttle body changes or other modified configurations.

Why does my boost fall back at high RPM's?
You have belt slip. To get a TIGHT belt, notch the tensioner stop.

My car has lost the performance I previously had?
It is quite possible your clutch is bad. If your driving habits are hard on the clutch, you will need an upgrade here.

How fast will my Cobra go in the 1/4 mile?
12.5 with an average driver.
12.0 with an aggressive driver.
11.5 with an experienced driver.
10.9 with an expert driver. (This has been done.)

My blower makes a light noise that goes away when it warms up. What causes this?
This is normal and will typically go away after 50 to 250 miles of driving. If the noise grows worse you should call immediately. This is the same run-in that occurred when the vehicle was new and is caused by bolt torque stress differences.

Should I upgrade my exhaust?
There are gains here of 15+ HP. Go with HI Flow Cats X-Pipe and a baffled muffler. If you want the NASCAR sound run a straight thru muffler.

Does porting the blower cause torque loss?
No, all stage ports have peak torque gains of 10-20 ft #s depending on the stage. You should see equal HP & TQ gains at peak RPM's.

Why does my vehicle have less/more TQ than others?
There are a number of factors that can effect the peak TQ recorded on a dyno. You can lose or gain TQ due to your choice of exhaust system. The more free flowing your exhaust system is, you will lose TQ and gain HP. Biggest factor being your Cats. A car with stock cats or hi flo will see more TQ than a cat delete. A stock cat will hold more back pressure in the cylinder and increase your running compression which in turn builds more TQ at the cost of high rpm HP. Also peak TQ on bottom of the scale will read differently depending on rpm you start your dyno run at. If you start your run at 3000 rpm you will see more TQ than if you start your run at 2000 rpm.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Unsure if this is on your website or in this thread, I apologize if it is but hopefully you can answer this real quick...

I have a 2.76 upper with NGK gapped @ 0.35. No aftermarket upgrades for fuel or cooling.

What would be the essential upgrades for a Stage 1 or the basic $545 Stage IV ports?

And no re-tune necessary? That is sweet...

dynobobstieg

As long as the tune you have is correct and the only thing you change is the porting you will not need re-tune. No fuel upgrades will be needed with an upper only.
Thank you

dynobobstieg

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving! We will be closed until Monday the 1st,
Sale is still going on save up to $125.00.
Happy Holidays!
Stiegemeier and crew:burnout:

sam90lx

Established Member
Steiegmeier, I am interested in one of your IV/V+ ports. I have a 03 with 35k miles....not a dd.

My mods are as follows and came on the car when I bought:

Steeda cai w/ metal shield top and motor side
Steeda cat back exhaust
Steeda 2.8 upper pulley....I guess the previous owner like Steeda huh?
Diablo sport chip

It was dyno'd at Gearheads in Dallas before I purchased and put down
476 hp and 485 tq.

No fuel upgrades at this time and 91 pump gas.

What can I expect for power and cost for such?

Thanks

sam90lx

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. So are you saying I should pick up the 65hp and 35tq on top of my numbers give or take? Also, no change in the fuel system?

Just want to get this right if I go this route....anal about this stuff!

dynobobstieg

Thanks for the reply. So are you saying I should pick up the 65hp and 35tq on top of my numbers give or take? Also, no change in the fuel system?

Just want to get this right if I go this route....anal about this stuff!

You may need to add BAP.
We do send out an info packet with the ported blowers.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread