Steam account hijacked.

big dad

Established Member
Hmmm. I got an email yesterday from another forum that the administrator reset my password. Sounds like a hijack attempt as I haven't been on that forum in awhile and I never requested a re-set.

Same for me Bob, just received this notice this AM.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I don't understand how this part could have happened unless you were using the same user ID & password for the forums & email account as you were using with Steam. If that's the case, shame on you. If not, my bad.

U.M.

Almost all of the reset emails that I received (minus digitalhome.ca) are on that VerticalScope list, so I guess it wasn't the Steam hijacker messing with me after all.
Just a coincidence that it happened the day after.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
O wow, I didn't know that. Hmmm. I'm a member of probably 15 different auto forums and haven't frequented 90% of them for months/years. Looks like I'd better bite the bullet and change all the passwords, just to be safe. :(

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I knew about the VS hack a few days ago, but have gotten zero emails about having my passwords reset. Seems the site managers don't really give a shit that everyone's info was hacked. They just want the advertising dollars.

And screw Steam. When I bought a copy of Counterstrike 10 years ago, the registration code was already a duplicate right out of the box. :rollseyes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread