Stealth mode upgrades?

stvdman

Established Member
I really want to keep my car stock, but I REALLY want power also.

I am happy that I have more than 400RWHP with just C/B and CAI but, as we all know, there is tremendous potential just sitting there. And oh how easy it is.

Here is what I was thinking of mods to keep the stock appearance under the hood but get some more ooomph.

-Stage IV port
-Cooling mod
-6lb lower (maybe 8lb?)
-stock upper
-stock pulley cover
-keep the Eaton looking totally stock, no cutsie paint or stickers
-change out Alt pulley due to lower pulley change

I figure 14-15lbs of boost would widen the grin on my face.

Sound plan? Or am I missing something.

As far as other mods of course there will be a custom tune, BF brace, misc rear bushings replaced, and I am thinking a C/F driveshaft to help with vibe and shock load to the rear end.

Last edited:

04CobraMatt

Established Member
I would still change the upper, you can put on a 3.2 or 3.1 with no aux. idler and keep the factory cover. Then go ahead an match a 4 or 6lbs lower with a port.

stvdman

Established Member
That would work, no doubt.

I was worried about pulling to stock pulley off. I dont want it obvious that the mods are there and the scrapes or marks on the pulley shaft.

Maybe I just say screw it, buy another eaton off e-bay, send that one out for the port, slap on a 2.80 and let er rip!

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
stvdman said:

I was worried about pulling to stock pulley off. I dont want it obvious that the mods are there and the scrapes or marks on the pulley shaft.

Maybe I just say screw it, buy another eaton off e-bay, send that one out for the port, slap on a 2.80 and let er rip!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
stvdman said:

Use the Billetflow Pulley Removal/Install Tool and you won't mark up the shaft. Just follow the instructions.

Or, you can throw all caution to the wind and not worry about what others see or think. ;-)

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Here's my 524 RWHP "stocker"..........Stage IV, 2.90 upper/4 lb lower, Accufab, and more

Edit: Sorry about the samll pic......struggling with Image Shack right now...

Last edited:

vr4_007

Established Member
I also know of people who run a whipple tensioner to keep things tight under the stock pully guard when hiding a 2.76 pulley ;)

Last edited:

wlg101190

Established Member
I think Steeda makes a pulley cover just like the stock one, but they make it where it will fit with small pulleys.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
You can hear a pullied Eaton a mile away!!!

There is no stealth there.

The best way to retain stealth is to leave the hood down... and to have a fairly quiet car.

How about and FR500 exhaust and Whipple with a 13 pound pulley???

If you leave the hood down no one will ever know.

I've given a few people a ride at work... they were amazed that a car that can go that fast is that quiet.

It's just what I wanted!! If you make sure it hooks...(which is a bit of a challenge).... the car is just GONE and hardly makes any "hey come arrest me" noises!!!:rockon:

I used to street race when I was young and dumb... but even then I had been coached to leave the damn hood down and don't show anyone anything!!! EVER!!!

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:

The best way to retain stealth is to leave the hood down... and to have a fairly quiet car.

I've given a few people a ride at work... they were amazed that a car that can go that fast is that quiet.

It's just what I wanted!! If you make sure it hooks...(which is a bit of a challenge).... the car is just GONE and hardly makes any "hey come arrest me" noises!!!:rockon:

I used to street race when I was young and dumb... but even then I had been coached to leave the damn hood down and don't show anyone anything!!! EVER!!!

I would at least boost 15lbs with a Whipple, I have a 2.3 at 17 lbs and it is not as loud as a pullied car:burnout:

People never see it coming:shrug:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Ah, but you gotta be able to raise the hood Jimmy!!!! It's not about hiding the supercharger....heck most folks now know the 03/04's have em. It's about having people think you have 355 at the wheels, instead of 500+!!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:

I hear ya on the sound of a pullied and ported eaton, but hopefully by the time they hear that it's too late.

Users who are viewing this thread