State Farm Doesn't Provide Coverage for Firearms Manufacturers

CV355

_
Established Member
Hmm.. I have an open claim right now with State Farm. They've actually been pretty good so far, but we'll see after this week. I switched from Allstate because they surcharged us to death from a small claim in 2014. It was right on the edge of being "claim worthy" in terms of overall magnitude. Boom, instant 50% increase in rates.

So I switched to State Farm back in March. Lo and behold, we got water damage THE DAY AFTER the policy started. Had to prove it was found then and not prior. After that they've been working with us. Found out it was more extensive than originally thought, so who knows. Maybe we'll get dropped too.

earl lee

Established Member
This shouldnt be a surprise. They take a low risk approach when it comes to insuring anything. They wont insure a lot of businesses b/c they are considered higher risk. They will only insure drivers that have a spotless record for the most part as well.

Even then, once you need them to do there job (insurance) they will screw you. I cant stand them, I wish they never moved to Atlanta, the damn traffic they created by bring 20,000 people here ****ing sucks.

2veloce2003

Established Member
Insurance companies and Banks are not your friends. I know there are employees of State Farm who do not insure through them.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I have had them for the past 16 years with great rates, but since I have been in the autobody world I have come to despise them. Only reason I keep them is because I dont have to play by the rules. I will get a deal no matter what because of what I do. My monthly payment is the only thing that matters.

But State Farm has screwed me over multiple times on other people's repairs and claims in the past. So come Tuesday when I get back to work I am going to inform them that I am looking to change. My family has been with the same State Farm office for 50 years, now on the second agent for the office. I will make it very clear why Im leaving.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I have had them for the past 16 years with great rates, but since I have been in the autobody world I have come to despise them. Only reason I keep them is because I dont have to play by the rules. I will get a deal no matter what because of what I do. My monthly payment is the only thing that matters.

But State Farm has screwed me over multiple times on other people's repairs and claims in the past. So come Tuesday when I get back to work I am going to inform them that I am looking to change. My family has been with the same State Farm office for 50 years, now on the second agent for the office. I will make it very clear why Im leaving.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

My work is cancelling Collisionlink but begrudgingly keeping Parts Trader. Collisionlink is charging us for Parts Trader transactions. The only good thing about Parts Trader is it forces shops who want to call in every order to submit their order with all the vehicle information, like VIN, that they don't want to tell me to order parts.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
My work is cancelling Collisionlink but begrudgingly keeping Parts Trader. Collisionlink is charging us for Parts Trader transactions. The only good thing about Parts Trader is it forces shops who want to call in every order to submit their order with all the vehicle information, like VIN, that they don't want to tell me to order parts.
I have used those before but I just stick with email or calling my orders in.

Sent from my SM-G935P using svtperformance.com mobile app

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Unfortunately this is our country in 2018. You’re either anti-gun or pro-gun.... there is no more middle ground.
Here in FL our largest grocery chain (Publix) has been under attack by this anti-gun movement as they have contributed to a politician that supports the NRA. The whole thing is BS... Publix donates to many politicians and is a class A company.
I am in the service business, I talk to people all day long. You would be surprised the number of people that are anti-gun and believe we should begin some type of dis-arming. It is truly a scary time!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I'd take that letter with a grain of salt. I'm having trouble finding anything out there which confirms the premise that State Farm doesn't insure firearms manufacturers.

U.M.

Coiled03

Established Member
Interesting. They're my current provider, but I'm in the process of shopping around. Good timing for me.

GodStang

Established Member
I'm in the same boat. My rates have gotten ridiculous, and my agent closed his doors under suspicious circumstances. I'm not thrilled with the service I've received from my new agent. I'm ready to do some price shopping.

I have had statefarm since 1995 and lately I have had a 10% increase per year on each car. Zero incidents. Time to go insurance shopping.

08mojo

Established Member
I wish they never moved to Atlanta, the damn traffic they created by bring 20,000 people here ****ing sucks.

The traffic increase sucks...and they ruined the view from my office.

41549948875_b752bae3dc_h.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I'll never forgive them for a supplement I did on a customer vehicle. Replaced a $1000 engine part, took photos and sent in the photos and supplement request, finished the vehicle so I could return it to the customer as soon as possible. I kept the part on my desk as not to lose it when/if they came by but at some point in between when I sent the supplement and the month it took them to reply to me saying they were coming out to look over the vehicle, someone had cleaned up and threw the part away. They actually came to my shop and asked where the vehicle was and why it wasn't there, like I was going to make the customer wait a month for them to do their job. They declined my $1500 total supp because I didn't have the car there or the part, and they also didn't like the photos. So I ate the costs on that one.

My94GT

Established Member

Collision link i was never really impressed with. Parts trader is great I think as you can dump a parts list in and go while prices populate.

Personally I rarely do any ordering anymore on the shop end as I’m a GM now but I still have always favored picking up and calling specific vendors.

My94GT

Established Member
I'll never forgive them for a supplement I did on a customer vehicle. Replaced a $1000 engine part, took photos and sent in the photos and supplement request, finished the vehicle so I could return it to the customer as soon as possible. I kept the part on my desk as not to lose it when/if they came by but at some point in between when I sent the supplement and the month it took them to reply to me saying they were coming out to look over the vehicle, someone had cleaned up and threw the part away. They actually came to my shop and asked where the vehicle was and why it wasn't there, like I was going to make the customer wait a month for them to do their job. They declined my $1500 total supp because I didn't have the car there or the part, and they also didn't like the photos. So I ate the costs on that one.
That’s on you though for not following supplement process. Only way I ever release a car is by first having a rep I know who will approve the supplement based on my old part and new invoice vouch for it. Even then it’s a risk.

If you deliver the car before you have approved supplements don’t be surprised when an insurance company doesn’t want to pay it. That’s across the board not limited to State Farm.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That’s on you though for not following supplement process. Only way I ever release a car is by first having a rep I know who will approve the supplement based on my old part and new invoice vouch for it. Even then it’s a risk.

If you deliver the car before you have approved supplements don’t be surprised when an insurance company doesn’t want to pay it. That’s across the board not limited to State Farm.

True to an extent. If I had kept the part it would have been taken car of. But I have had other companies such as Allstate, Pemco, and USAA go out of their way to help us do our jobs to get the customer their vehicle back and to reduce rental coverage. State Farm took far too long for being one of the largest auto insurers and then rejecting the proper supplement that was submitted and failing to respond to it in a reasonable amount of time. Us losing the part was a mishap. Trust me when I say I know the difference between a sloppy supplement and a poor performing claim rep. I do 150-200 vehicles a month.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
One of my best friends owns a State Farm Branch. No joke, he named his son Jake. Anyhow, I just texted him the pic of that letter and told him .. "Go f#ck yourself!" I am waiting for the reply.. LOL
I love giving this guy shit.

And no, I don't have insurance with him. That pisses him off too.

Users who are viewing this thread