State Farm Doesn't Provide Coverage for Firearms Manufacturers

My94GT

Established Member
True to an extent. If I had kept the part it would have been taken car of. But I have had other companies such as Allstate, Pemco, and USAA go out of their way to help us do our jobs to get the customer their vehicle back and to reduce rental coverage. State Farm took far too long for being one of the largest auto insurers and then rejecting the proper supplement that was submitted and failing to respond to it in a reasonable amount of time. Us losing the part was a mishap. Trust me when I say I know the difference between a sloppy supplement and a poor performing claim rep. I do 150-200 vehicles a month.

Unless it’s a DRP it’s simple, you don’t release the vehicle till payment is done.

That aside State Farm is a mess right now. Not sure how you’re area is but they are slashing and burning field appraisers and supervisors left and right here in MD.

I’d wager over the next couple years we’ll see a lot of companies moving away from that, with phone apps to handle supplements like Allstate and encompass do, and talks of heat mapping through C1, a lot more will be handled and mitigated by the shops.

Personally I’m ok with this, it just means bolstering the office up with more capable RPMs and CSRs to mitigate the customer load. More processes in place to ensure proper estimating and parts processing as well.

Do you work for an independent shop or a chain store?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've had a few vehicle claims through State Farm and have been satisfied with all of them. However, the one I had last year was like pulling teeth to get them to cover everything that was needed. I'm lucky I work with a good shop.

It says a lot that when I need body work I take my stuff to Detroit. When I find someone I like I use them until they give me a reason not to.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Unless it’s a DRP it’s simple, you don’t release the vehicle till payment is done.

That aside State Farm is a mess right now. Not sure how you’re area is but they are slashing and burning field appraisers and supervisors left and right here in MD.

I’d wager over the next couple years we’ll see a lot of companies moving away from that, with phone apps to handle supplements like Allstate and encompass do, and talks of heat mapping through C1, a lot more will be handled and mitigated by the shops.

Personally I’m ok with this, it just means bolstering the office up with more capable RPMs and CSRs to mitigate the customer load. More processes in place to ensure proper estimating and parts processing as well.

Do you work for an independent shop or a chain store?

We are an independent shop that focuses on fleet work and then insurance as a secondary, but not a DRP. We have a good relationship with all of the insurance companies but we don't operate like a DRP has to because the bulk of our income comes elsewhere. During this time I was working for a pretty big independent shop that had two locations, and I was handling all of the claims myself for my location which had the highest volume of the two topping 400 vehicles per month at one point for Enterprise. I still handle all of the claims myself but this shop can't do more than 200.

It sucked but it wasn't a devastating loss to us. It was just their attitude about it that pissed me off. They had the evidence they needed but they failed at their job on just about every front. I wouldn't let that fly now. My brother works for the state insurance commission so I just take up issues with him and he tells me the legality of it and whether I should open up a claim on the company. It has worked great.

jshen

Established Member
So they won't insure gun manufacturers but have no problem insuring gun owners? Am I understanding this correctly?
That is my understanding of the letter too. I am not surprised given the state of this country's leftist attitude, news media bias, etc. Insurance companies will surcharge the hell out of homeowners if you expect firearms to be covered by your ins. policy. If you have an umbrella policy- make sure there isn't a clause about not covering for ANY issue involving a firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread