Start to my turbo project!

shhak

Established Member
Yea, my goal is just to crack 700rwhp and call it a day really. I want a quick spool, decent top end that doesnt fall off, and will last. PTE said they recommend a 7175 turbo, which I thought might be a little too big but if billet wheels do what most claim, and I add ball bearings to it yet, I might consider just going with the 7675. It should full spool by around 3500rpm or so and pull til i stop telling it to. I just really want to choose the right turbo and not have to buy another one.

My brother had a Precision 76GTS on his 302" mod motor in his cobra and it reached full boost at about 3800 or so. This was with a factory 99 cobra intake. The billet wheel 76's should spool a little earlier than that.

I'm just about ready to start fabbing up my twin billet wheel 76's on my new motor. Just waiting on an oil pump right now. Not sure what twin 76's will spool at, but I'm sure it won't be anywhere near 3800...LOL!:burnout:

Teej281

Established Member
Mr.GSXR1000, where did you have that plate made for the boost controller to be mounted in the armrest? I'm very interested in that as I'll probably go with something like that when I get my turbo build done. Also would probably put a switch for an electric cutout on the plate as well and who knows what else really but I like the idea! All I use that for right now is a storage area and would like to show it a purpose for an AMS1000 or AMS 2000 when that comes out.

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
I made a template out of cardboard and had my friends metal shop lazer cut it out for me. I also if you look put my cutout switch right above my trans brake button. That was teh only place i could think of putting the ams1000 and make it look clean. I wanted to keep my radio and stuff so thats the only place i thought of and it turned out pretty good. Alot of wires you have to run but other than that its good.

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
002-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

016-4.jpg

014-2.jpg

005.jpg

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

009-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

Still have to clean the engine bay up, has dust everywere, but once i do that i think it will look alot cleaner. Going to try and start it next week once my coolant tank comes in and my catch can

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
I wanted the drivability to be good so i put a 3inch coldside pipe all the way to the turbo outlet. Anyone had a setup like this one? If so what should i expect.

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
i picked it up and got it put on, something caught my eye though, Let me ask you all a questions. I have a slot style maf and was wondering since my BOV is after teh mass air is that a problem. Do you want it before or after the mass air meter?

Users who are viewing this thread