Start to my turbo project!

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
How did you connect the shifter cable to the tranny? None of the levers that came with my shifter fit the tranny. Also what bracket did you use that bolts to the pan to hold the cable?

Ill go out tomarrow and take a picture of the tranny since its out of the car and show you were i bolt the cable to. I used the bracket that came with the shifter.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
My B&M pro ratchet also came with the correct bracket/lever. It came with a few different ones that work with the diffrent transmissions that are supported by the shifter.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
My B&M pro ratchet also came with the correct bracket/lever. It came with a few different ones that work with the diffrent transmissions that are supported by the shifter.

The 4R70W isn't really supported by the shifter. It is meant for a c-4, C-6, and a torquflite. It came with 2 different levers, but neither work. I could fab something up, but I called FB, and they sell a lever/bracket kit for the Quarterstick/4R70W combo.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I put the shift lever in today. It was a B+M part, had to drop the pan and remove the old one to put it in, wasn't too bad though. FB modified the bracket that comes with it to bolt to the pan that holds the cable in place.

Did you guys have to put a different plug on your harness to plug into the speed sensor, or can you swap the t-56 style sensor into the auto?

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
well my alt i think took a shit. reading 13.4 volts is what its putting out. FML

If it makes you feel any better my alt just failed with a 16volt reading and took my batt with it. Never made it off the dyno as far as I know. I think my car is a female! She is NEVER happy. :shrug:

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
Just a little thing i am going to try out with another bumper i have. Well see how i like it.
003-5.jpg

001-7.jpg

prostkr

Established Member
I was warned by several big name guys against side exits there for at the track. If you have a rich enuff air fuel ratio while on the brake building boost you can inadvertently trip the staging lights. Might not be a big concern if you can get a bit of back and down angle on them. Just something to watch out for. I think it looks great myself.

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
I was warned by several big name guys against side exits there for at the track. If you have a rich enuff air fuel ratio while on the brake building boost you can inadvertently trip the staging lights. Might not be a big concern if you can get a bit of back and down angle on them. Just something to watch out for. I think it looks great myself.

i heard about this also. I am going to put a vband inside the bumper and get make another short peice of pipe that 45's up when im at the track. Mostly just going to go to car shows and cruise until NMRA this year

Users who are viewing this thread