Spy Shots—Undisguised ’19 Camaro ZL1 1LE Makes Unofficial Debut

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Never have been a fan of aggressive aero and wings on street cars.

I 100% know they’re performance additions. I’m aware they make the car badass. And I know it’s an unpopular viewpoint, but I just think it detracts visually.

ZL1-1LE, GT350R, ZR1, even the cgi GT500-wing....I’m an equal opportunity street car aero hater.
I agree with everything you said.

For driving on the street, the front clip is just plain ugly. WAY too aggressive; looks like an aftermarket styling attempt of some sort. The rear end is not much better. But for road course racing, they nailed it.

blk02edge

Established Member
I agree with everything you said.

For driving on the street, the front clip is just plain ugly. WAY too aggressive; looks like an aftermarket styling attempt of some sort. The rear end is not much better. But for road course racing, they nailed it.
I dont really understand the complaint, they do make a non aero version after all. If people want a car to actually perform then it needs the park bench, otherwise go buy a huracan peformante lol

bigdave03svt

Established Member
The 17-18 non 1LE ZL1s are rally nice looking cars. Especially in black and silver. The new taillights on the 19 are a joke and ruin the rear of the car.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
You can bet they are sitting on the ZR1 motor for when the GT500 finally drops.

No DCT will make it almost unusable though.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
From their cold, abandoning much of the car market, dead, holy crap this has taken far too long, hands.

Question is, who will drop the mic? The aforementioned Captain Cubicle? Because a GT500 that isn't non-binary most likely doesn't fit his "forward-thinking" vision.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
From their cold, abandoning much of the car market, dead, holy crap this has taken far too long, hands.

Question is, who will drop the mic? The aforementioned Captain Cubicle? Because a GT500 that isn't non-binary most likely doesn't fit his "forward-thinking" vision.
I hope he isn't so stupid that he decides to ignore a hefty amount of the market that purchases those cars or lusts over them. That does bring sales to the lesser/other models.

I bought my 12 GT because the 13 GT500 debuted and I was in love, I had not considered a Mustang at any point before then.

Also, the tail lights on the Camaro are ****ing ugly.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Eh, I don't like rear bumper line & I still can't sit upright in it but it is better looking and better performing than the 2019 GT500.

blk02edge

Established Member

No idea, I just doubt the GT500 will suck and the Bronco is said to be bad ass. I know people are impatient on this forum but they dont seem to realize that the gt350 has been plenty of an all star for a while and not everyone cares about hellcat competition. If it doesnt unveil by this january then yea that sucks.

As far as the cars Ford dumped, honestly who cares.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I may not have cared much for the recent lineup but I appreciate what they brought to the table. Plenty of jobs for one. And any economies of scale that were present for items that were used on more than one line will be gone meaning prices will go up. I like using Ford fasteners where possible and often you'll find that a number of other Ford vehicles use the same nut or bolt (for example). I'll miss that and so will many others.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
No idea, I just doubt the GT500 will suck and the Bronco is said to be bad ass. I know people are impatient on this forum but they dont seem to realize that the gt350 has been plenty of an all star for a while and not everyone cares about hellcat competition. If it doesnt unveil by this january then yea that sucks.

Who is saying this about the bronco? I’m less than excited about the raptor ranger and started to look for 02-07 Fx4/II rangers with the manual again.

blk02edge

Established Member
Who is saying this about the bronco? I’m less than excited about the raptor ranger and started to look for 02-07 Fx4/II rangers with the manual again.
Well DBK mentioned the bronco is going to make people happy plus the teaser shot shows that its really square which is a good thing.

Ranger Raptor isnt even on the radar for coming here yet anyway. What makes you want to go with an older ranger vs new one? Just looks?

Users who are viewing this thread