Spy Shots—Porsche 911 GT3 Caught Completely Camo Free

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-hrcg4c7-x2.jpg

The upcoming Porsche 911 GT3 builds on the grown-up image of the 992, packing more noticeable aerodynamic elements. These shots show the car with no camouflage upfront—new air intakes adorn the nose of the supercar, along with a heavily revised front end. Visible at the rear are uber-wide hips, whose eye-catching nature is only surpassed by the complex rear wing and, for the first time, the diffuser below the rear bumper.

More importantly, and judging by the sound of the prototype, the naturally aspirated engine is here to stay. After all, Zuffenhausen engineers have introduced a new 4.0L motor for the 991.2 GT3.

The sole transmission should be an eight-speed dual-clutch unit, though Porsche may appease manual fans by making a stick shift available at some point in the successor to the current GT3 Touring, which features a six-speed manual. Also available at some point will be a new GT3 Cup racing variant and a hardcore GT3 RS.

i-chxr5sb-x2.jpg

Recon

Established Member
Very nice looking car, that wing will take some getting used to. 4.0 ftw!

Pick your poison.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
GT3 Touring WITH the 6 Speed Stick, PLEASE?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh my, that is one good looking GT3. The wing will take a bit of time to get used to. Oh, wait, I'm already used to it. LOL. There's nothing so far that I see or don't see that I don't absolutely love.
upload_2020-10-2_7-53-43.png

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
That rear bumper cannot be final design. It looks odd and out of place. Porsche can do better than that.
I thought it looked odd for them also, not necessarily bad, but out of character

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
It looks like the EU is headed for a ICE ban by 2030, wonder if Porsche will invest in one more version after this, or divert that money to EV version?

bigdave03svt

Established Member
I thought it looked odd for them also, not necessarily bad, but out of character

The more I look at it the more it can't be right. It looks as though they've grafted some sort of cover over each corner of the rear bumper. the lines aren't smooth and inside the plate cutout you can really see it. Maybe its the reflections but I'm thinking no way that makes it to production like that.

My94GT

Established Member
I hope that’s not the final version, it’s got a face only a mother could love and the rear bumper......good thing I can’t afford one lol.

I prefer the current GT3 ascetically

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I've been a muscle car nut for almost 50 years, but Porsche's just don't do much for me. Maybe it's because I recall driving them back in the 70's, when they were true POS's, based off the VW Karmann Ghia.

Recon

Established Member
C8 z06 will have a wing like that. The senna and ford gt mkII have a similar upside down mounted wing.

Yeah the first one I saw it on was the Bentley Continental GT3 race car. Didn’t really care for the looks but if it works, it works.

Pick your poison.

csc427

Established Member
I've been a muscle car nut for almost 50 years, but Porsche's just don't do much for me. Maybe it's because I recall driving them back in the 70's, when they were true POS's, based off the VW Karmann Ghia.
I had an 88 mustang as my first car. Could not have been a bigger pos. Didn’t turn me off of mustangs. Still absolutely love them. Lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
They make a pretty damn nice car that holds it's value, and compared to the other exotics, they seem to last a while.

Users who are viewing this thread