Spy Shots—’21 RAM Power Wagon 75th Anniversary

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-nsqqmdm-x2.jpg

RAM is celebrating the 75th Anniversary of its iconic Power Wagon nameplate with a new special-edition model that was caught recently on the roads of Metro Detroit. The ’21 Ram 2500 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary Edition shown in the unique Anvil exterior color here (the same color on the new ’21 Ram 1500 TRX Launch Edition) features several new highlights that are exclusive to the new premium Power Wagon model.

The 75th Anniversary Power Wagon will feature a unique jail-bar grille (retro cue from the original Power Wagon), unique rock rails with side steps, blacked-out premium headlamps from the RAM 2500 Limited Black, 17-in. bead-lock wheels and an electronic transfer case.

Ordering for the all-new package should open in the next month or so.

i-tbjcttx-x2.jpg

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Like the PW but would like to see the oil burner as an option and while we’re at it can the HD rams get the half ton cabs already ? Ohh and it’s time for a bigger bed option on the HD rams. The 6”4 inch bed is 5 inches smaller then the SD and GM HDs

Badass_Forever

Established Member
What do you mean? you are still left with the same around of space between the wheel wells? Its not like you really use that extra space for anything else. My 4 wheel still fits perfectly and the bed. and i just jam all my stuff in the sides. It gives you extra room since the side pockets go so deep. I love it.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
What do you mean? you are still left with the same around of space between the wheel wells? Its not like you really use that extra space for anything else. My 4 wheel still fits perfectly and the bed. and i just jam all my stuff in the sides. It gives you extra room since the side pockets go so deep. I love it.

Anyone that owns a 5th wheel trailer knows you need that extra space between the rails. I think the idea is great as long as you don't fall into the 5th wheel owning crowd.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I like the Ram Boxes and I liked the floor storage in the new 1500's. Not sure the 2500s had that option or not.

That being said, everytime I looked for a 2500, I always gave the PW a good look. With the 8 speed now, I assume they are a smidge quicker than with the 6 speed. Just wish Ram would bring out another hemi to compete with the 7.3.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
They don’t look great, but they are functional as hell. I kind of dig em.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I hear you and can understand their value. They just ruin the bed aesthetically for me.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
You can pull a fifth wheel with ram boxes. Most use a slider or an Andersen setup.

I didn't mean it is impossible to pull the 5th wheel. But the turning radius would be very limited compared to a truck without ram boxes. So maneuverability would suffer.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Finally and electronic t-case, which hopefully means a console option.

No CTD and no console were deal breakers for me. Ended up with a regular CCSB 2500 CTD.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Anyhow its still the only HD truck with front and rear lockers, Winch and disconnecting Swaybar..The payload is painfully low , ( i understand its a off-road truck but 1100?)

My94GT

Established Member
If there is one thing I regret not getting after seeing them on my father ram, it’s the ram boxes. I prefer how my bed sides look with out them but from a functional standpoint they can’t be beat.

Users who are viewing this thread