Spun rod bearing???...Will find out this week

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
well its a wap block, but aside from that it looks good. But looks can be deceiving.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
quadcammer said:
well its a wap block, but aside from that it looks good. But looks can be deceiving.

thanks quadcammer - WAP will work for me tho, it's not a huge diff between the two - especially for what I may do with it down the road. and that's the part the scares me....it looks TOO good. but how is it going run? idk, but that's why i have a year to put it through the wringer and find out....

BlueVenom01

Established Member
quick01snake said:
put the LDC cooling mod on NOW while it's out...LOL

good idea man...but i'm gonna wait until i swap out the clutch and flywheel. don't have the $$$ to get everything done i want to do while the motor and tranny are out... hell i just spent enough on a new exhaust set up that they are going to be putting on for me...

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Of course, doing the LDC cooling mod will probably void the 1-year warranty. Better to wait to see how well she runs first. I like your "drive the hell out of it for the next year" idea...that's what I plan on doing as I have 1 year left myself. Nothing abusive mind you...just driving it like a 32V V8 should be driven...shall we say....with purpose.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
Of course, doing the LDC cooling mod will probably void the 1-year warranty. Better to wait to see how well she runs first. I like your "drive the hell out of it for the next year" idea...that's what I plan on doing as I have 1 year left myself. Nothing abusive mind you...just driving it like a 32V V8 should be driven...shall we say....with purpose.

Couldn't have said it better myself....I'll just say I can see myself going through a set of tires over the next year.... :thumbsup: :burnout: :burnout:

BlueVenom01

Established Member
thanks 99riocobra....

quick update - I found out my motor was remanned by AER Manufacturing who is an original Ford Authorized Distributor. I feel much better about where my motor came from with regard to quality. Here is the site if anyone wants to check it out: www.aermanufacturing.com.

i also found out they warranty their motors for 3 yr/100k miles..... the service advisor and myself will be on a conference call with the warranty company this afternoon. that is bullshit for the warranty company to only give me 1 yr/12,000 mi warranty....:fm:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
BlueVenom01 said:
thanks 99riocobra....

quick update - I found out my motor was remanned by AER Manufacturing who is an original Ford Authorized Distributor. I feel much better about where my motor came from with regard to quality. Here is the site if anyone wants to check it out: www.aermanufacturing.com.

i also found out they warranty their motors for 3 yr/100k miles..... the service advisor and myself will be on a conference call with the warranty company this afternoon. that is bullshit for the warranty company to only give me 1 yr/12,000 mi warranty....:fm:

yeah...ream their asses over this warranty BS!!!

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
BlueVenom01 said:
I believe using 6 quarts led to the death of my oil pump, therefore spun bearings. I bang her pretty hard every now and then and drive like I stole it. Unfortunately, I think the damage was already done or in process before I found out from all of you about Ford engineering's infinite wisdumb in deciding that 6 qts was enough oil for such a high revving performance motor....dumbasses. :cuss:

THIS motor will get 7 qts with every oil change, guaranteed, starting with the first fill up. Luckily the SVT tech working on my car agrees that the Ford engineers were dead wrong about 6 qts!

Oh God, now you've done it...you shouldn't have mentioned the 7 quart issue...cobraracer46 will mysteriously appear at your home and drain 1 quart while you're asleep!

Let this be a lesson to all you non-believers in the 7 quart fill!

Good luck with the motor, looks very good! Hope it runs like a bat out of hell!

BlueVenom01

Established Member
quick01snake said:
yeah...ream their asses over this warranty BS!!!

you know it...it's about to be on!!! my service advisor is going to get warranty paper work from Greenleaf (who stocked and shipped the motor) that shows the 3 yr/100k warranty. then we will rip the warranty company a new one....best to have documentation in hand vs. hearsay....

BlueVenom01

Established Member
SPXTrader said:
Oh God, now you've done it...you shouldn't have mentioned the 7 quart issue...cobraracer46 will mysteriously appear at your home and drain 1 quart while you're asleep!

Let this be a lesson to all you non-believers in the 7 quart fill!

Good luck with the motor, looks very good! Hope it runs like a bat out of hell!

i supposed that would make him the oil fairy?? oil gremlin?? :D

i believe it in too (not that i didn't believe before, i just got the info too late). 6.5 qts at the least!!!!

thanks spx - i have high hopes for this one.... of course this last one went
84k miles b4 giving out.

SPXTrader said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
BlueVenom01 said:
thanks 99riocobra....

Excellent research. If the reman people will cover their motor for 3 yrs/100k miles the warranty company should definitely pass that on to you. Grab dem rocks and squeeze.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
Excellent research. If the reman people will cover their motor for 3 yrs/100k miles the warranty company should definitely pass that on to you. Grab dem rocks and squeeze.

Dude, I'll be droppin the sledgehammer on dem rocks if need be!! :bash:

BlueVenom01

Established Member
32V NACobra said:
Congrats on the new mill:thumbsup:

thanks man...it will feel good to back in the drivers seat...i think i'm starting to get withdrawals from not being able to drive it... :-D

Users who are viewing this thread