Spun rod bearing???...Will find out this week

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
congrats man!!
i remember having to REMIND the local service dept that they were supposed to provide me with a rental and wash vacuum the car when finished with warranty work...they just suck all around...

Last edited:

BlueVenom01

Established Member
thanks man....

i am a little disappointed though - i thought i was getting a whole new crate motor out of the deal. maybe i was just being naive, since this is my first (hopefully last time) i have to do this. but i am getting a re-man block with heads, pistons, etc..... is this common on warranty claims?? any downsides to the re-man stuff?

BlueVenom01

Established Member
excellent...thanks guys. so what exactly should be on this re-man motor when it gets here? parts wise i mean.....

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
good luck with it...if you didnt keep your SVT plate off the passenger side valve cover it most likely wont be on the reman motor...my car has been through 2 remans....now my motor is being rebuilt with forged stuff..good luck again

-Ryan

BlueVenom01

Established Member
CobraVenom01 said:
good luck with it...if you didnt keep your SVT plate off the passenger side valve cover it most likely wont be on the reman motor...my car has been through 2 remans....now my motor is being rebuilt with forged stuff..good luck again

-Ryan

thanks for the heads up on that....when i go in there tonight, i will be sure to take off the SVT plate!

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
wow dood you got a great deal.. my warranty and dealership wouldnt even replace my tranny 2 weeks after i purchased the car. i got dicked out of a good wad of cash... even though i had proof i only drove the car 30 miles in those 2 weeks. and 20 of those were from the dealer to my house.

blk2000stang

Established Member
Another thing I'd check is if your motor has a teksid block, make sure the reman motor is also a teksid block. If down the road you decide to sell the motor, these blocks sell for more. Not really a huge deal, just something you might want to watch out for.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
/\ Good advice...my car came with a teksid..the next reman motor was a teksid..and the 2nd one was just a wap block..which is what i have now...i wish i had the teksid but the wap will do fine with forged internals..im only going for 600 at the wheels

-Ryan

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
BlueVenom01 said:
they are great....it still feels like a dream cause they have treated me so well. the way all Cobra owners should be treated at a dealership!!! :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new motor. Good dealership that one. Some dealers just seem to understand the problems these motors have been having. Hopefully, mine will do the same if I need to tap them for a new motor in the next year. Another 36 months to see if you can blow this one up!!! Glad it worked out. :thumbsup:

BlueVenom01

Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
Congrats on the new motor. Good dealership that one. Some dealers just seem to understand the problems these motors have been having. Hopefully, mine will do the same if I need to tap them for a new motor in the next year. Another 36 months to see if you can blow this one up!!! Glad it worked out. :thumbsup:

thanks cobrared....but i only get 12 mos on this one - probably because it's a re-man??? I don't know, but that's what they told me

BlueVenom01

Established Member
Rken said:
wow dood you got a great deal.. my warranty and dealership wouldnt even replace my tranny 2 weeks after i purchased the car. i got dicked out of a good wad of cash... even though i had proof i only drove the car 30 miles in those 2 weeks. and 20 of those were from the dealer to my house.

seems like that is how most people get treated at the dealerships though....i just happened to find a really good one. i wish they were all like that - it's not like they aren't going to get their $$$ back for labor.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
blk2000stang said:
Another thing I'd check is if your motor has a teksid block, make sure the reman motor is also a teksid block. If down the road you decide to sell the motor, these blocks sell for more. Not really a huge deal, just something you might want to watch out for.

i'll check it out....how do i tell the difference? anyone got pics?

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
i believe the new warrantys are 36 months or 75xxx miles..that what the brochure at my dealer said..im not sure cause i went a different route.

-Ryan

BlueVenom01 said:
excellent...thanks guys. so what exactly should be on this re-man motor when it gets here? parts wise i mean.....

f its not too late and if the dealership doesn't object you really should put a Canton Racing pan in there with their windage tray. I too went through 2 rod bearing failures on my old 01 Cobra. Its the best insurance to prevent oil starvation up top with those crappy rod bearings Ford used on the 99/01s. Its the best money you'll ever spend. Did it on my final 01 Cobra crate motor through Ford Racing and 8qts would almost mark the top of the max indicator on the dipstick.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
BlueVenom01 said:
thanks cobrared....but i only get 12 mos on this one - probably because it's a re-man??? I don't know, but that's what they told me

It's 36 months. I'm not sure why they told you 12. And all the 99/01 motors that come from Ford for warranty replacement are remaned. As I understand it, it's from the oil pan to the valve covers. They reuse your intake and accessories.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
BreBar21 said:
It's 36 months. I'm not sure why they told you 12. And all the 99/01 motors that come from Ford for warranty replacement are remaned. As I understand it, it's from the oil pan to the valve covers. They reuse your intake and accessories.

They said this wasn't coming directly from Ford...they weren't sure where it was coming from, but the warranty company was handling where they get the motor...sounds like i need to do some more digging on this issue

Users who are viewing this thread