[Spoiler] Cloverfield Monster Revealed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a feeling this movie will be a plot let-down like "I Am Legend" was.

scn

Established Member
I think why I was so dissapointed is because of the way they marketed the movie. They did a damn good job. I guess they knew that the movie couldn't stand on its own merits so they concealed everything so as to draw off peoples need to know. That was the only way this was going to make any real money for them. Brilliant for them, sucks for me.

crj814x4

Driving GOD
Established Member
The movie was ok and I only spen $5 on it. I would go see the 2nd one just to know more about it. I like the part when they start screaming "she is bitten" yank her out of the way to a room and you see her blow up. that was awesome.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just saw it. It had some parts that made you jump. It does keep your attention, however the story failed miserably. From what I learned about making movies, or writing stories you really need to have a beginning, middle, and end. With no ending there better be a good sequel.

Having said that, if I were to write the script for the next one I would shoot it like a real movie and have it take place during the same time. It could focus on the military standoff with the creature, and give more details. They could also continue on to show the creatures destruction, or triumph. That is about the only way that I could see a sequel being done, or else you would end up with something like Blair Witch 2.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That IS NOT the Cloverfield monster. Went to the ATL premier last night(won tickets from a local radio station) and the monster looks nothing like that. No Rancor elements at all. As far as the movie goes, it was pretty good. Kinda short at only an hour and a half. I liked it.

Did you have your eyes closed? The 4th picture looks exactly like it.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I thought this show was loosely based on a trip Hillary Clinton had made to New York.

They look the same anyhow.

spinz4

Banned
your loss bud.

actually he's the smart one, unlike our dumbasses who saw a shit movie. Here's my review.

movie sucked. would not recommend it. It's like a more expensive version of blaire witch project. The story, character development sucked. The movie was very predictable.

kaotic

Established Member
Sounds to me like there was no real storyline or plot. :shrug: If you never learn any background on the creature, then IMO you fail at telling the story. I will maybe wait till the DVD release. I am sure that it is suspenseful and what not, but I would leave the movie feeling like I got duped if I didn't find out where or what the creature is.

-Jeff

Did you expect that someone in the party "coincidentally" to be some kind of scientist and explain what and where it came from to the audience?? The mystery is up to you,, is it an alien or was it from the ocean?? We wont know unless they explain it in a sequel.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
That IS NOT the Cloverfield monster. Went to the ATL premier last night(won tickets from a local radio station) and the monster looks nothing like that. No Rancor elements at all. As far as the movie goes, it was pretty good. Kinda short at only an hour and a half. I liked it.

Yes that is the Cloverfield Monster. Did you actually watch the movie?:shrug:

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
my bro said the movie sucked and people booed at the end. thats all the info i need

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
my bro said the movie sucked and people booed at the end. thats all the info i need

This movie is a love/hate thing. The director also made the show "LOST" and that show is probably one of teh best examples of love/hate. This movie and his show share many of the same quality's. I suggest anybody goes to see this movie and be the judge for themselves.

Jfoster

Established Member
Everyone is complaining that they didn't explain enough and things like that. The movie accomplished exactly what it was intended for - to give you the point of view and information (or lack of) that you would have if you were actually there. In a conventional movie, you get to see multiple points of views, even the insider information, that is, you see and learn things about the movie that even the characters don't know. People are accustomed to the wealth of information that a conventional movie gives you, so this movie "seems" to be missing something. You only get a single point of view. This movie just wasn't conventional and the more I think about it, the more it appeals to me - as long as I take it for what it was intended.

R1Lello

Established Member
Just watched it last night...........Bring Advil if you plan to stay thru the whole hour and 15 minutes......you'll need it with the camera shake.............worst movie ever!!! Save your money

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Everyone is complaining that they didn't explain enough and things like that. The movie accomplished exactly what it was intended for - to give you the point of view and information (or lack of) that you would have if you were actually there. In a conventional movie, you get to see multiple points of views, even the insider information, that is, you see and learn things about the movie that even the characters don't know. People are accustomed to the wealth of information that a conventional movie gives you, so this movie "seems" to be missing something. You only get a single point of view. This movie just wasn't conventional and the more I think about it, the more it appeals to me - as long as I take it for what it was intended.
thank you! other people dont realise that this is NOT a conventional movie! it shows you exactly what it would be like if you were actually there! they arent going to give you everything otherwise the movie would of sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread