[Spoiler] Cloverfield Monster Revealed.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
That IS NOT the Cloverfield monster. Went to the ATL premier last night(won tickets from a local radio station) and the monster looks nothing like that. No Rancor elements at all. As far as the movie goes, it was pretty good. Kinda short at only an hour and a half. I liked it.

Serioulsy...please PM me about what it really looks like! I could win a bet!!!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Rambo was written wrong. This would have been much better..

Background:

John Rambo has been pardoned of all crimes and is now training special operations soldiers for a government contracted company. (he is also clean cut like a true military man). A group of his best go into Afghanistan, or somewhere and are captured. The government denies that they exist, and the private company that employs them shows no desire to go in and get them out. So, Rambo mans up and with the help of some old friends he goes in and gets them out.

I like that much better than the story that has him still living as a hermit in some Asian country. It would have been a nice spin on the usual story line.

-Jeff

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Rambo was written wrong. This would have been much better..

Background:

John Rambo has been pardoned of all crimes and is now training special operations soldiers for a government contracted company. (he is also clean cut like a true military man). A group of his best go into Afghanistan, or somewhere and are captured. The government denies that they exist, and the private company that employs them shows no desire to go in and get them out. So, Rambo mans up and with the help of some old friends he goes in and gets them out.

I like that much better than the story that has him still living as a hermit in some Asian country. It would have been a nice spin on the usual story line.

-Jeff

no way man, the living as a hermit in some asian country is exactly what he would be doin as set up in the first 3 movies. He's never been good with people. he's Vietnam vet. Doesn't trust anybody . lives and breathes the jungle. He has no friends. Its where he belongs. Man i can't wait for this movie.

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
Where's VOLTRON???

I think I'll wait for the bootleg man. He usually gets them before they come out or the day they come out...Blockbuster copies at that. 3 for $10 for movies that are in theaters or will be.....:rockon:

I had I Am Legend, Bucket List, Great Debaters weeks ago for $10...;-)
Guess I'll give him a call for Cloverfield.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
no way man, the living as a hermit in some asian country is exactly what he would be doin as set up in the first 3 movies. He's never been good with people. he's Vietnam vet. Doesn't trust anybody . lives and breathes the jungle. He has no friends. Its where he belongs. Man i can't wait for this movie.

have you seen the unedited trailer? the violence is ridiculous. btw, that's not to say that it isn't great.

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
I actually heard that this was the monster,

fence.gif

:lol:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
You can definitely go wrong with Rambo, that ****er has a machine gun mounted on his walker. Maybe it's just me but a 60 year old, wrinkly action here just doesn't do it for me. Stallone should be doing AARP commercials and not action movies. The last Rocky just plain sucked and he just doesn't work in these types of roles anymore. Then again, whatever floats your boat.

As old as he may be, he's in incredible physical condition for his age. I'm sure he'd whip the shit out of 90% of SVTP fatties.

TRXboy

Established Member
I think I am going to need a full background on the plot before I see it. You can't just up and create a new monster and not have an explanation for it before people are going to be expected to go view the movie.

Isn't that the whole point of the movie though, to learn the plot and backround?

I'll see it, not buying into all the hype, it IS only a monster movie when it gets broken down to everything, how deep can the story go.

bubbrubb

OK I just saw the movie and I really, really liked it. Thats just my personal opinion, but hey - it actually was a pretty damn original movie in a lot of regards. I'm not going to say them because thats what makes it good IMO.

I'm probably going to see it again. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the movie, but I'll be damned with how long that cam corder's battery lasted LOL

rhstang02

Established Member
just came back from watchin it as well... thought the ending was terrible and wasnt too happy with the movie, reminds me of family guy episode where brian describes the blair witch project to the old lady
"OK, they're in-they're in the woods...the camera keeps on moving...uh, I think they're-they're looking for some witch or something, I-I don't know, I wasn't listening. Nothing's happening...nothing's happening...something about a map...nothing's happening...it's over. [looks around] A lot of people in the audience look pissed."

Jfoster

Established Member
Not necessarily alien. You never find out where it comes from. Logic would say it came from the see since the first incident is the capsized tanker and the statue of liberty decapitation.

Logic says it's an alien.

How is it out of the 7 people who went to the movie with me and everyone I talk to - I am the only one who saw the alien fall from the sky and land in the ocean at the very end of the movie?

So yes, it was an alien movie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread