Someone Just Told Me They Sold 03 Cobra for $100k+

skratpiece

Established Member
Don't flame me. Flame them, but I just had a respectable individual tell me they sold their 2003 Torch Red 10th Anniversary Cobra Convertible #2003 of #2003 for over $100k. Now when questioned he began to tell me that his was 1 of 2. To my knowledge there were many more than 2 total Torch Red 10th Verts produced. He began to explain that his car was special because it had the Red and Black interior. So I explained to him that all 10th Anniversary Cobras had the Red and Black interior. "Well, this one had the snake embroidered on the seats." So I informed him that they all had the Snakes embroidered on the seats. So, he began to tell me that not all of them had the Special Fabric top that his came with. I notified him that there was only 1 top available on Cobras commonly known as Sonnedecke or Twillfast. Now I have no reason to believe that this individual is lying about someone buying it for over $100k, and I don't doubt there is someone out there that has millions that was willing to pay a premium to get somebody to part with a rare car. I simply believe that he is slightly misinformed about what he believes to be true. Now if you want to comment I would like to hear your opinion, but don't flame me. I throw this out there to see what anyone else thinks. Has there been record of a sale of 2003 Cobra #2003 selling for $100k+? If there is anyone that can verify that #2003 was a Torch Red Convertible, or any other supporting or disproving details please feel free.

Last edited:

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
if it was through text i'd say it's a typo..if it was a face to face tell him to show you the bill of sale or somethin cuz that's ridiculous

skratpiece

Established Member
He claims he has a copy of the check and the only reason I didn't bust his balls is because he is a tax acct. and just got done filing my taxes for free. Were there only 2003 total produced? Is #2003 a Torch Red Vert? Lets verify that!

Last edited:

flS/R

Established Member
I hear this "it has the special whatever part" all the time and it makes me LOL all the time. He may have been lucky enough to find someone who believed all that special part talk and pay the price. Maybe the buyer was impressed that it was supposedly 2003 of 2003 made. I know mustang 000001 is worth some money, as well as some others, maybe this is what the buyer is hoping for in Scottsdale next year :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Anything is possible, but the seller's story is really hard to believe. I have never heard of a Terminator selling for anywhere near that price. A buyer would likely know enough about a car, or have the info verified, before laying down $100k. For sure, if it is true, the buyer isn't going to be happy when he finds out the car he bought isn't as "special" as he thought.

Last edited:

va boy

Established Member
So they all have the Cobra embroidered on the seat? Dang it! I KNEW I paid too much for that TR vert. Oh well, live and learn I guess.
OP, this guy has GOT to be pulling your leg man!

cj428mach

Established Member
I think the only way you could get 100k is if it was a car with under a 100 miles, never titled, and hadn't been dealer prepped. This would obviously be to a high end collector/enthusiast.

Users who are viewing this thread