Someone followed my daughter home...

Sn95Snake

Established Member
As for OP, teach her how to stay in condition yellow and how to avoid condition black. 99% of women, and probably men, are condition white all of the time. White means they are basically oblivious to their surrounding and unprepared for any type of threat that could arise. Being in this state when a violent confrontation arises will likely push them into condition black meaning they are shutting down and their senses will be overwhelmed because they cannot comprehend the actions that are being carried out against them. This is why people freeze up during intense situations. You want to teach her to be in condition yellow to where she is cognizant of all of her surroundings and she is paying attention to everyone around her, noticing if anyone is following her or watching her while she is out in public. It's basically a controlled paranoia except you are not actually paranoid, but are always prepared and always ready to act moving you to condition orange if you need to act. After a while of learning and practicing this it becomes second nature and you will just do it subconsciously. 50% of the battle in a violent confrontation is controlling the chemical cocktail your body dumps on you (Tunnel vision, auditory exclusion, time-space compression, electodermal stimulation, and mental track). Whatever you teach her for self defense needs to be done enough that it becomes drilled in her subconscious. It is your subconscious that acts for you during a violent confrontation, not your conscious mind. You would have to be a complete master or professional in combat in order for you to be able to act with just your conscious mind, but regardless of that your subconscious is half a second faster at making decisions than your conscious mind is so that is why you drill, drill, drill to develop the muscle memory for you subconscious to act from.

View attachment 1562368

Hands down the most valuable info in this thread. Situational awareness and being prepared to react are the most important factors to safety.

Teaching her to stay off her phone and pay attention to what is going on around her will do more to protect her than arming or training her could ever do.

For example, I am 6'1 & 220 lbs at 13% body fat that is in significantly better shape, stronger, and better trained than the vast majority of the population. But if I was walking down the street playing on my phone and not paying attention I could potentially be overpowered by any person on this planet that had ill intent.

Cliff notes:
You can carry any weapon on the planet, be in great physical condition, & be well trained. If you aren't aware of your surroundings it doesn't matter.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Hands down the most valuable info in this thread. Situational awareness and being prepared to react are the most important factors to safety.

Teaching her to stay off her phone and pay attention to what is going on around her will do more to protect her than arming or training her could ever do.

For example, I am 6'1 & 220 lbs at 13% body fat that is in significantly better shape, stronger, and better trained than the vast majority of the population. But if I was walking down the street playing on my phone and not paying attention I could potentially be overpowered by any person on this planet that had ill intent.

Cliff notes:
You can carry any weapon on the planet, be in great physical condition, & be well trained. If you aren't aware of your surroundings it doesn't matter.

I agree, svtfocus2cobra and you are dead nuts on. The importance of situational awareness can not be stressed enough. That’s a very hard concept to instill, teach to todays kids. Target rich environment for those that wish to do harm, lots of easy marks.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I agree, svtfocus2cobra and you are dead nuts on. The importance of situational awareness can not be stressed enough. That’s a very hard concept to instill, teach to todays kids. Target rich environment for those that wish to do harm, lots of easy marks.

The standard base line to instilling anything to muscle memory is 2000 repetitions which Im sure you know. So if you are learning to draw your firearm then you need to practice it 2000 times before your subconscious will be able to act and draw your pistol in the same manner you trained while under the stress of a violent confrontation.

Users who are viewing this thread