Someone followed my daughter home...

blk02edge

Established Member
If I can offer one piece of advice, taekwondo would be a huge waste of time for actual self defence

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
If I can offer one piece of advice, taekwondo would be a huge waste of time for actual self defence
Agreed. A self defense school that also teaches Brazillian Jujitsu is great for hand to hand, up close contact.

Also learn to use any available item possible as a weapon.

Never forget that groin, eyes, and throat are soft targets that should be attacked without mercy. An attacker wants to cause harm, so your job is to protect yourself by inflicting more than they can.

Sent from my [toilet] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I came here expecting someone needing help digging a hole.
No need for a hole. Just put the trash on the curb after it has been properly disposed of.

I'm not a violent person, but if you mess with my family it is game over. You chose your own sentencing, I'm just carrying it out.

Sent from my [toilet] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

scott_0

Established Member
saw this on fb yesterday, teach her the ways man, before it’s too late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Just kick em in the balls. Tell him to keep it in his pants.

I tell my wife all the time, if I'm not home, doors locked always. Be suspicious of everyone, and until they give you a good reason to trust them, don't.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
You mentioned you live in the back of the nrighborhood. Chances are he passed several houses with cameras on them. Stop by and explain the situation to them and politely ask if they would mind looking back at their video history. I would happily oblige in this situation. You may end up with something to turn over to law enforcement.

CV355

_
Established Member

All joking aside, you have to take every potential threat seriously in this day and age. I'm admittedly paranoid. I've had break-ins, theft, hell I almost even got stabbed in 2007. There's a reason I keep a suppressed SBR MPX next to the bed. The thing is, how far do you go with it? You can put cameras up, lights, etc, but deterrents don't protect, and don't go with you. And as with everything else there's diminishing returns. I went through a "EDC" phase where I had a 357 and multiple knives on me at all times where legal. I grew out of it. The risk of a scene from accidental brandishing (liberal sees printing, goes apeshit) was not worth it for just grabbing fast food. Now I only carry if I know I'm going to be in a "rough area" or on the road for a while.

Best advice I have is to teach her to keep her head on a swivel, and instill a "healthy" level of vigilance. Sounds like you're already doing that. May not be a bad idea to get her a non-lethal SD weapon to keep in her purse (I don't care what anecdotal BS people have about that stuff, it's case by case, use it right and it works). Then, get her some local SD classes. Personally, I encourage a firearms safety class, followed by 1 on 1 training, then CWP. Safety comes first. Always.

Or, do what my sister did in the same situation... She had someone stalking her. It turned into a vehicle break-in, then an attempted home break in. She baited and tracked down who was doing it, went to their house, and threatened to stab them. (actually, don't do this... my sister is a unique one and scares people easily)

Last edited:

Machdup1

Established Member
Report this to the police and follow up with the investigating officer.

Teach her how to call the police and how to drive evasively to never give up her mobility advantage. Avoidance and awareness of her surroundings is the best technique for safety.

Weapons and empty hand combat techniques are great, but take training time to be effective, they should only used as an absolute last resort.

You should add cameras in her car and covering your property. Ring makes a flood light camera that will notify you when it sees some one, which is kind of handy.

Get the Ring Neighbors App now and see if anyone caught this person on Camera. It’s free and you don’t need their product. Might an easy way to find the creep. You can also put your information out there to see if anyone else knows anything.

You should also contact your neighbors to put them on alert.

CV355

_
Established Member
Weapons and empty hand combat techniques are great, but take training time to be effective, they should only used as an absolute last resort.

This x1000. Anyone who treats weapons as the primary resort has the wrong perspective. I'll admit, I was one of them a few years back. First time something spooks you and the adrenaline makes your limbs feel like jelly, all the armchair-commando macho-ism and Cawa-doody training means squat (me in 2007, when I thought I could be Bruce Willis and wound up nearly getting stabbed for it). I did better the second time once I was expecting it. Pulled a Romanian PSL out at someone who was trying to break in my window at 3am.

Best to avoid the situation entirely.

Last edited:

NIXDSG

Established Member
Thanks for the support and guidance.

Our taekwondo instructor does a lot with defense too, maybe beyond typical TKD training. Also does female defense training. But mostly it would drive some level of confidence and understanding of what it takes to defend yourself: get mean, and intend to hurt.

The Sheriff did come out and take a report. His eyes got big when he understood the situation relative to where our house is located.

I will be doing firearms training with the family, something they hadn't wanted before, now they have no choice.

Will investigate cameras, but need something more proactive. Need to investigate.

Driving through town (small town, 1 stop sign) I see a few red cars on her route, as she described. I will investigate further.

FJohnny

Established Member
Not saying don't take this stuff seriously because you have to. Just in case...

But, for every creeper out there who might do something to a young girl I'm guessing there are about a thousand guys who have followed a car after thinking they were cut off or screwed over in some way.

Possibly this dude intended to ream out the 'guy' who dissed him in traffic, saw a girl and reacted with the lame, "I like your music." I would expect a true creeper/abuser to have done more.

Again, definitely important to anticipate and know how to handle a confrontation but it's also important to not live your life in abject terror and fear of the world around you. Hopefully you can help your family strike a good balance.

NIXDSG

Established Member
The correct answer is both.

My daughter has small hands, 43 will fit her better. I've been wanting one too as an option to my shield (or replace). And I need a 19. So I'm in for 3.

Users who are viewing this thread