Some Racing...TT Cobra, C6Z06, SL65AMG

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
That was an excellent video, great footage of some badass machines :rockon:

I'd say the C6 Z and that SL65 are pretty evenly matched.

Thanks for sharing, hope you get a chance to get some more footage soon :beer:

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
LMAO! I think you're just pissed that a big, bad Z06 got beaten by a luxury convertible. Hate on...

not pissed at all..I think it was a great race...I was more impressed that the Z was dead even on a few races with 600+RW luxury car.....

I guess that you don't get that point...

YoungGun

Established Member
Nice vid man. Watch the plates though... Oh and how much boost do you make on the two step? I get 6psi the way mine is setup now, but still need to get more boost to get out of the hole on slicks.

BLK_03

Established Member
Nice vid man. Watch the plates though... Oh and how much boost do you make on the two step? I get 6psi the way mine is setup now, but still need to get more boost to get out of the hole on slicks.

10-12 pounds and it is instant.

I tried the SCT 2-step several different ways, but it just won't build boost. It cuts fuel instead of timing, and isn't the right way to do it.

NateCR

Banned
LMAO! I think you're just pissed that a big, bad Z06 got beaten by a luxury convertible. Hate on...

you sir are incorrect.. Ide lay money down says gear for gear and top end run twin turbo or not that Z pulled that 600 REAL WHEEL HORSE POWER CAR STOCK!

It is a big bad vette. And if you notice when they were near and near.. everytime that vette hit 4th it either caught up or it started to pull past.
dont argue with me. watch the vid.:kaboom::kaboom::kaboom::kaboom:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Wow, awesome figgin video. Every car in that video was extremely badass. That Benz rolled out! The Z06 is just an animal and that black Cobra was just stupid fast. Props to everyone who participated. :rockon:

...God I love videos like these.

jleews6

Established Member
Thanks for the vid and your Cobra has some steam up top thats for sure. I was impressed with all the cars and it was great to see a good mix of cars.
I have one question though. The SS camaro and the LS1 vette were on motor or were they spraying? If they were on motor that was very impressive.

Dave_6

Established Member
Yeah the silver SS seemed very fast for just a cam and bolt-ons. Is he spraying?

Badass vid of some very nice rides!

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I always wanted to know how the benz holds up. My dad has a SL65. What chip is that exactly and what all does it do other than probably crank up boost. I would like to tell my dad about it! He might be 66 years old but he is a kid at heart.

Thanks,

BLK_03

Established Member
No cars in the video are spraying. I know the silver SS has a rebuilt motor, but from what I know, it was rebuilt to stock spec, from compression to displacement, just with a better bottom end for future power. JWall (SS) wins many races because of his driving. He can row!

For the SL65, I believe he uses an OBD flasher, adds boost, adds fuel, adds some timing, and changes the shifting strategy for the transmission. It takes it to 670/740. It also cost ~$6500.

Last edited:

YoungGun

Established Member
If your not using SCT how do you have yours setup? Your running another computer for that or a different chip or what?

BLK_03

Established Member
If your not using SCT how do you have yours setup? Your running another computer for that or a different chip or what?

Heh heh.

I have one more thing to test. If it works, I'll spill the beans. It's pretty slick. :-D

But without a 2-step, it's a bitch getting the car going at the track. I'm sure you know...

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Hey blk 03 the guy in the Z06 is my buddy josh. I used to live in St.Charles, I come back there when I get leave. I will be around this summer, I'll have to meet up with you guys sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread