Some Racing...TT Cobra, C6Z06, SL65AMG

SVTBMG

Banned
Soooo, most of the races looked good but it was hard to tell who was winning in some of the races since it seems like the Z would jump one time the SL another or what. So is your car faster then the SL for sure? I know ran away from him the last time you ran but it seemed like he let off. I just find it hard to believe that a 4500lb car with 600+rwhp could out run you.

BLK_03

Established Member
Soooo, most of the races looked good but it was hard to tell who was winning in some of the races since it seems like the Z would jump one time the SL another or what. So is your car faster then the SL for sure? I know ran away from him the last time you ran but it seemed like he let off. I just find it hard to believe that a 4500lb car with 600+rwhp could out run you.

When did it outrun me? lol

There are two races between the Cobra and the SL. In the first race I am on 13 pounds.

In the second race I started at 13 pounds, but once I hit third, I bumped the boost up to 18 pounds and the Cobra takes off, the SL doesn't let out, lol.

Blown04GT

No, it's not a GT
Established Member
great vid!!!! that cobra is moving out!

Wierd seeing the Mercedes staying with the Z06, that thing was fast!

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
awesome races!! :thumbsup:

do you have any more videos of your cobra, blk 03?

BLK_03

Established Member
damn nice.. ur gonna need a new turbo after all that white smoke i saw.

Nah.

It's this damn crankcase ventilation shit. I need to figure something else out.

Smoke is on decel only... turbos are fine.

Last edited:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
damn nice.. ur gonna need a new turbo after all that white smoke i saw.

I saw some white smoke on decel which is not uncommon on a turbo car...it didnt look like there was much under WOT, I could be wrong though...maybe BLK_03 could explain a little more.

BLK_03

Established Member
I saw some white smoke on decel which is not uncommon on a turbo car...it didnt look like there was much under WOT, I could be wrong though...maybe BLK_03 could explain a little more.

That is correct. The car burns clean under WOT. I have no PCV system and when I let off, the system has no way to bleed off pressure, so there is a little blowby. On a scale from 0-100, I am worried about it ZERO, lol.

I'll have some more videos on higher boost soon. :D

T76 Mach

Established Member
That is correct. The car burns clean under WOT. I have no PCV system and when I let off, the system has no way to bleed off pressure, so there is a little blowby. On a scale from 0-100, I am worried about it ZERO, lol.

I'll have some more videos on higher boost soon. :D

Do you have an evacuation pump on the drain back lines?

BLK_03

Established Member
Do you have an evacuation pump on the drain back lines?

Cot damnit people. VIDEOS. Focus on the videos lol.

I have an HPP kit that puts the turbos HIGH in the bay. There are no drainback issues.

I have NO PVC system and no way to VENTILATE the pressure built up when the throttle slams shut. THAT IS WHERE THE OIL IS COMING FROM.

lilbuddy1587

Banned
Nah.

It's this damn crankcase ventilation shit. I need to figure something else out.

Smoke is on decel only... turbos are fine.

Are you running or have you tried a crank case E-Vac pump?? What about breathers? Car rolls out like a missile sir! Good luck :beer:

The Z06 surprised me! Them SL65 AMG's are bad, especially with Renntech modifications! That cat fish wasn't too bad either! Man, all around great video. Thanks dude

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread