Some old guy T-boned me..ugh

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Luck for me, the only damage seems to be some extra scratches on my wheels and some rips in the tires sidewalls. I can't say the same for the Caravan... I'm honestly not sure how the Jeep escaped unscathed. My rock slider took a bit of a hit, but they are top tier, and will just need the paint touched up. I was moving southbound, and he tried to make it across traffic before the car behind me got to him. Too bad he didn't see the big ass jeep that was in front of that car.

Jeep.jpg
Van.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Damn! Glad your OK....and the Jeep. Built Jeep Tuff? I guess!

No doubt. What is weird is that I saw a black Bronco soft top get the same thing done to it. A woman driving it, and the Honda minivan. The bronco looked like it had been hit by a train. The van looked about the same as the one that hit me.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
No doubt. What is weird is that I saw a black Bronco soft top get the same thing done to it. A woman driving it, and the Honda minivan. The bronco looked like it had been hit by a train. The van looked about the same as the one that hit me.
Well I feel better about my wife an hers now!
jeep2.jpg

Attachments

• jeep2.jpg
    jeep2.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 61

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Luck for me, the only damage seems to be some extra scratches on my wheels and some rips in the tires sidewalls. I can't say the same for the Caravan... I'm honestly not sure how the Jeep escaped unscathed. My rock slider took a bit of a hit, but they are top tier, and will just need the paint touched up. I was moving southbound, and he tried to make it across traffic before the car behind me got to him. Too bad he didn't see the big ass jeep that was in front of that car.

View attachment 1728091View attachment 1728092
Glad you’re safe, and that the Jeep is not bad off.....

MG0h3

Established Member
Have your adjuster get that thing on an alignment rack at a minimum.

Don’t settle until you’ve driven it and def at freeway speeds.

Be amazed if the rack and tie rods didn’t get damaged at a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That sucks.... a lot of damage could be disguised right now. I’d get the frame, body, suspension and alignment checked...

glad you are okay. Car is replaceable.

72SBC

Established Member
Honestly I’m shocked the Jeep didn’t explode and the van did. If it wasn’t for the flat looks like you could have drove away. Glad you’re ok, no air bags went off?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Check suspension pick up points. The control arm tabs are bent pretty easily.

Yep. We are going through it pretty well this weekend. I've already welded reinforcement plates onto all 8 of the front control arm tabs. But we will still be checking those. I figure the most likely part I will be replacing is a tie rod. At first glance though, everything still looks to be in perfect shape.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Honestly I’m shocked the Jeep didn’t explode and the van did. If it wasn’t for the flat looks like you could have drove away. Glad you’re ok, no air bags went off?

His bags went off, but mine didn't.

TORQUERULES

Established Member

View attachment 1728091View attachment 1728092

People in the this county are getting more incompetent by the day. Lockdown didn't help either. No common sense, no social skills, stuck in their own bubble.

So glad you are okay. Hope the wheels clean up and are repairable. I wish I could afford those Methods for my Ranger. They look great on your Jeep.

Users who are viewing this thread