Some chix hit my car GRRR!

2k3Mach

Established Member
Parked out front of my house a couple hours ago some girl texting while driving smacked my car pretty good. Will upload better pix tomorrow, but here's the damage from what I can see at night

Right rear quarter
Rear bumper cover
Rear axle bent/broke
Rear wheel busted
Tire popped
Passenger side ground effects popped off

62df3807-bbff-38a8.jpg

62df3807-bc11-874d.jpg

62df3807-bc22-4c6e.jpg

62df3807-bc30-4cab.jpg

62df3807-bc43-d6bf.jpg

I will upload better pix tomorrow

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

2k3Mach

Established Member
Sorry to hear that, are we praying they total it, or are you wanting to fix it?

At the moment I will probably have to have fixed... I have damn near 245k miles on it so kbb wouldn't give me crap on it and I still owe almost $9k (Yeh, lotta miles for owing that much) but it was only car I've ever owned where I didn't look through car lots at what was "next"... figured id drive this one til she dropped and keep upgrading parts on an as-needed basis :)

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Shitty, good thing those were only cobra R's.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Damn, sorry man.

I had a very similar deal. I was on a freeway offramp from the 405 in LA, in my old 2001 Expedition, waiting in traffic. Some dumb chick was texting going down the 405, drifted off the freeway, and went right up the offramp. She plowed into the vehicle behind me, and shoved it into the back of my truck. The car behind me impacted my trailer hitch, and taco'd my truck's frame rails.

2k3Mach

Established Member
Damn, sorry man.

I had a very similar deal. I was on a freeway offramp from the 405 in LA, in my old 2001 Expedition, waiting in traffic. Some dumb chick was texting going down the 405, drifted off the freeway, and went right up the offramp. She plowed into the vehicle behind me, and shoved it into the back of my truck. The car behind me impacted my trailer hitch, and taco'd my truck's frame rails.

I wouldn't have minded had it been the wifes jeep... but not my Mach 1!!!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
At the moment I will probably have to have fixed... I have damn near 245k miles on it so kbb wouldn't give me crap on it and I still owe almost $9k (Yeh, lotta miles for owing that much) but it was only car I've ever owned where I didn't look through car lots at what was "next"... figured id drive this one til she dropped and keep upgrading parts on an as-needed basis :)

if they want to total it you should be able to get enough to pay off the loan. you can always threaten legal action if they balk at paying it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hate to hear about texting caused accidents. I had one idiot come close to nailing me last weekend because he was texting and never saw me. I even honked my horn after taking an evasive maneuver but I don't think he ever heard/saw me. Hope you get your Cobra fixed properly. At least you weren't in the car when it happened. So this chick admitted to the cop that she was texting?

Users who are viewing this thread