Some 6R80 Auto Testing......Transbrake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
He said run a number which means track times. Unfortunately he is tight as of right now but ill have track times within the next month and hopefully 2 weeks if all goes well.

Yeah I wasn't dyno-bench racing. Just referencing a car that put up a dyno number on JPC's dyno. Pretty fair to compare since JPC's own car's also dyno there.

03Steve

Established Member
12 volts or ground across a normally open set of contacts to the existing reverse solenoid. Diode protection between the PCM and reverse solenoid to prevent back feeding to the PCM.

My question is about the wrench light. Not about altering the PCM calibration. And it is directed to anyone who has experienced a wrench light during an attempt. Bro.

hopony

Established Member
Eh, he called down the thunder and he got it. When you get bested there's no "Wait wait I wasn't ready. I was footbraking a stock trans." Don't be surpriswd when you get shot when you bring a knife to a gun fight lol.
I will agree with you on that point. He did call down the thunder as you say and his car definitely wasn't ready. You said it yourself how much of an advantage a transbrake will be. So I guess next time they race we will see. Good luck with the transbrake I hope it works as expexted.

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Yeah I wasn't dyno-bench racing. Just referencing a car that put up a dyno number on JPC's dyno. Pretty fair to compare since JPC's own car's also dyno there.

Yeah but dyno numbers are just a tool. Everyone wants track times....

CPRsm

That's cold Larry. You know turbo cars are just for giving the jackstands in your garage a purpose in life lol

I will agree with you on that point. He did call down the thunder as you say and his car definitely wasn't ready. You said it yourself how much of an advantage a transbrake will be. So I guess next time they race we will see. Good luck with the transbrake I hope it works as expexted.
Oh sure it's an advantage. But knife at a gunfight lol.
Thanx though. We'll see what happens w it all.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Eh, he called down the thunder and he got it. When you get bested there's no "Wait wait I wasn't ready. I was footbraking a stock trans." Don't be surpriswd when you get shot when you bring a knife to a gun fight lol.

LOL @ Calling down the thunder. We need to back up a bit. We are talking about your cars running me down the track.

Hell, MMR has been quicker than everyone for well over a year as a race car, so that's a moot point as far as i'm concerned. I'm talking street cars here, because that's what your talking about.

Your talking about street cars running down my car. No CPR street car will ever touch my car the way it sits now. And no CPR has come close to my best time of 8.74 in 100% full street trim, pump e85, dot's, foot braking.

So, when a CPR car, does something to best me, again, I will say congrats on the accomplishment. Until they do, your just talking the talk.

Who cares what someone else's kit did. This is about your kit.

If the only thing the haters have to hold onto is that they haven't seen a full vid yet of the TB in action, what will you be saying when it comes out(only been 2 days since the first vid was leaked) and the CPR cars start mopping up?

I personally am not hating, All I asked was to see a video of the brake working. It's not hate, I am excited to see it. The thread is about a working transbrake, and then all we got was 7 seconds of sitting still.

I'm not saying he hasn't figured it out, i'm not saying it doesn't work. I just wanted to see the GD video, because the thread was about a GD video, LMFAO. I honestly don't think that was a lot to ask for based on the title.

I would ask the man himself about this customer of his: 1182whp CPR Turbo Saleen @ JPC Dyno

This car laid down 1200 rwhp in January, a full season has gone by, this car has had a year to sort itself out, what it's best e.t. to date. Surely in 11 months the car has been to the track? 1200 rwhp is 7 second power by JPC turbo standards...

nobody has even seen a cpr kit run a # yet ?

Exactly my point. And why I said what I said. All this talk about CPR cars mopping up, and that's with no et's. That's not hating, that's just factual numbers. Bench racing is for sissy's.

I haven't been talking shit for 3 years, I've been walking the walk for 3 years. That's not bragging, it's fact. I don't have to talk smack about what i'm going to do to a CPR car, because they make a track appearance about as often as the Loch Ness Monster...

@ CPR, Lunds car has been 9.0's foot braking at over 4k pounds as well with a turbo kit. So, before you set your sites on a S/C car that is even faster than that. Why don't you take aim at the slower cars that have been mopping you up for the last 2 years, before you try mopping me up.

TALK IS CHEAP

Last edited:

Joyrider564

Established Member
12 volts or ground across a normally open set of contacts to the existing reverse solenoid. Diode protection between the PCM and reverse solenoid to prevent back feeding to the PCM.

My question is about the wrench light. Not about altering the PCM calibration. And it is directed to anyone who has experienced a wrench light during an attempt. Bro.

Enable reverse while in first without the computer knowing it. Just gotta look at the differences in signals the transmission sends between when the trans is in reverse vs when it isn't. I am thinking like an MIL eliminator for exhaust.

All this is speculation really. I can't do much other than talk since I am in Afghanistan.

bob450

Established Member
ok guys here is one of my first draw with selenoid trick when i did my mt 82 to 6r80 last winter. unfortunely i havent the budget and time to finish this trick box it look that a smarter guy than me did the job right:banana: here is picture from what i started you can maybe have an idea where to start or correct me if i am wrong : to avoid wrench light you can MAYBE trick the tr sensor wire with a resistor same value as neutural ( i havent no idea what is value).
to engage 1 and reverse you need to let car in drive and engage or disengage the good selenoid acccording to shop manual it seems in drive:

pcm comm gear---- (1234)------(3-5-R)
selonoid--------------ssa-------ssb-------ssc---------ssd
D-----1--------------on---------on-------off----------off under 3 mph
R---------------------off--------off-------off----------off

2013-11-21 12.34.53 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

if someone is willing to finish and correct my post just do it:beer::read:

CPRsm

The video says TESTING in the thread title. I can't break it down any farther than caveman for you. It can only get "so easy."

You called out everyone including turbos specifically. I told you turbos were faster period. You can't argue that fact, so you bring my kits into and put words in my mouth. I never said any of my cars would be there to whoop you. The first time I mentioned it was an inside joke to another member and you got you defensive. And it wasn't even at you

As far as touching your car the way it sits now? You mean a video of a car that comes up on a brake and doesn't move? Posted a video of that a few days ago. Or does your "TALK IS CHEAP" not apply when you speculate?

Last edited:

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Beef, Lets look back. You put more time and money in your car then anyone else for the first few years this car was out. So you were the fastest, till someone else put as much time and money in their car. Then you got your ass handed to you.

Yes its called bragging. You've done it many times in this thread alone. We're all real proud of you for having the most expensive 2011 mustang for a while. Congrats cake.

Jenkins

Established Member
Beef, Lets look back. You put more time and money in your car then anyone else for the first few years this car was out. So you were the fastest, till someone else put as much time and money in their car. Then you got your ass handed to you.

Yes its called bragging. You've done it many times in this thread alone. We're all real proud of you for having the most expensive 2011 mustang for a while. Congrats cake.

Do you know why he did it? Cause I would say he did it for marketing not to brag. Who's company do you want to buy from? One selling the product or one selling the product and with the fastest car?

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Do you know why he did it? Cause I would say he did it for marketing not to brag. Who's company do you want to buy from? One selling the product or one selling the product and with the fastest car?

That's a funny ? to me. Because I would never ever buy a blower just because he ran faster at a track with no real competition, or just because he was first to build a car.

Besides i'm a turbo type of guy....;-)

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Not my first time around the block. I knew a long time ago it was just a matter of time before he got his ass handed to him, by a turbo car. LMAO

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Sorry for helping to R&D products.

Sorry for pushing the limits of the engine.

Sorry for pushing the limits of the trans.

Sorry for offering competitive pricing so other can afford to buy more stuff and go faster.

The video says TESTING in the thread title. I can't break it down any farther than caveman for you. It can only get "so easy."

You called out everyone including turbos specifically. I told you turbos were faster period. You can't argue that fact, so you bring my kits into and put words in my mouth. I never said any of my cars would be there to whoop you. The first time I mentioned it was an inside joke to another member and you got you defensive. And it wasn't even at you

As far as touching your car the way it sits now? You mean a video of a car that comes up on a brake and doesn't move? Posted a video of that a few days ago. Or does your "TALK IS CHEAP" not apply when you speculate?

Okay then, Enough talk! This sunday, 50% of the distance between us, whatever track is open. Bring your CPR Coyote Car and we'll line them up. Best of 3.

:pop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread