Some 6R80 Auto Testing......Transbrake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Terry, not sure if you were taking notes at that last race or not. But what I noticed is the car that handed you your ass had what looked like a CRP kit on it. Looking at the two kits, JMHO the CRP kit would be a more efficient out of the two designs.

I would be willing to bet its just a matter of time before you have to line up with a car running a CRP kit and I know which car my money will be on. So enjoy posting 1/4 times while you can. Nothing last forever...:beer:

04compgt

Established Member
I can't believe the excuses are already starting to come out "I went this fast with no brake", The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter how you get there but how fast you got there. If you don't have a brake well that's your own fault, you can go out and purchase one or you can go figure out a way to make a brake, noone is stopping you. It's like when you have any type of power adder or a bigger engine. People say well I have a smaller motor or you have more boost or more nitrous, that is all irrelevant. What was the end result? and ET? that's what matters. Big props to CPR for doing the testing and R&D for a 6R80 transbrake solution. Once this happens I think in the end is going to help all the 6R80 folks get faster. So let's all be glad that this type of developing is going on!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Terry, not sure if you were taking notes at that last race or not. But what I noticed is the car that handed you your ass had what looked like a CRP kit on it. Looking at the two kits, JMHO the CRP kit would be a more efficient out of the two designs.

I would be willing to bet its just a matter of time before you have to line up with a car running a CRP kit and I know which car my money will be on. So enjoy posting 1/4 times while you can. Nothing last forever...:beer:

I still don't see why all the bashing on this thread continues and all the haters come out, but again, I must respond.

First, we don't need notes, we have been leading the way on this platform for 3 years.

Second, I believe the car I lost to at the race was running a roots style blower, doesn't look anything like a CPR turbo.

The car that won the race was running a roots style blower as well. Didn't look anything like a CPR Turbo.

So, no turbo car "handed me my ass". We personally have held ourselves back the last 2 races from not putting any time into the car. It's our fault we haven't taken the time to sort out the tune and it is what it is. After the last 2 races, the car sat for over a month each time and we rushed to get it ready with no time for lund to tune the cold block.

That said, I know CPR builds a nice kit. But, the fact of the matter is this. A CPR car with a brake, no brake, whatever, has not come close to our times in a street car / race car, Period.

So, yes, at some point, is it possible, a CPR turbo car could run quicker than us, sure. Is it possible Jesus Christ could return to earth for the apocalypse, sure. But until either even actually happens........It's just talk...... Run the number, and i'll be right in line to throw up a congrats.

Let me add yet again, as far as a brake for the 6r80.

I AM EXCITED TO SEE A WORKING BRAKE FOR THE 6R80. IT WOULD BENEFIT A CENTRI GUY AS MUCH AS A TURBO GUY, ALL I WANTED WAS TO SEE A VIDEO OF THE TRANS BRAKE WORKING........

LOL :)

Last edited:

03Steve

Established Member
Anyone know what the diagnostic code is for the wrench light when 1st/reverse are simultaneously enabled?

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I don't think that's how the world sees 7.9x vs 8.7x(not run that day)
Nobody is talking a head to head race. What power adder is faster is all that is ever brought.

You folks have fun

I just wanna go fast!

Need4Speed03

Established Member
This thread sure did go to crap and nothing constructive is coming out of it.

FWIW, I agree with Beef here. A simple vid showing it actually works isn't too much to ask. Otherwise what is the purpose of this thread?

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
If the only thing the haters have to hold onto is that they haven't seen a full vid yet of the TB in action, what will you be saying when it comes out(only been 2 days since the first vid was leaked) and the CPR cars start mopping up?

hopony

Established Member
I don't think that's how the world sees 7.9x vs 8.7x(not run that day)
Nobody is talking a head to head race. What power adder is faster is all that is ever brought.

You folks have fun

Hard to compare a glide with a brake to a car running an upgraded stock trans. I think the next race will give you a better idea where he is at when both cars have glides.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Terry, No one hates you. At Least not me. I just get tried of your bragging. Yes you didn't line up with that car, so it wasn't handed to you on a platter. But the way everyone sees it you lost your title and bragging rights. So chill out a little and since when is stating facts hating ?

Deespeed99

Established Member
If it makes anyone feel better i have a CPR kit and even i dont have the secret for the Tbrake yet...

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
So, yes, at some point, is it possible, a CPR turbo car could run quicker than us, sure. Is it possible Jesus Christ could return to earth for the apocalypse, sure. But until either even actually happens........It's just talk

lmfao-sig worthy right there sir. Thanks for the chuckle.

D.T.R

Established Member
Hard to compare a glide with a brake to a car running an upgraded stock trans. I think the next race will give you a better idea where he is at when both cars have glides.

You are also forgetting that the 2 fastest supercharger cars need nitrous to run what they run, and JPC's is still quite a bit faster with just boost.

hopony

Established Member
lmfao-sig worthy right there sir. Thanks for the chuckle.

You are also forgetting that the 2 fastest supercharger cars need nitrous to run what they run, and JPC's is still quite a bit faster with just boost.

Not forgetting anything. I am not saying the supercharged car will be faster, but it is not a good comparison when one car is on a glide and the other is running the factory 6 speed. Who cares if he uses nitrous anyway. Not like he bought the last kit.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Not forgetting anything. I am not saying the supercharged car will be faster, but it is not a good comparison when one car is on a glide and the other is running the factory 6 speed. Who cares if he uses nitrous anyway. Not like he bought the last kit.

Not like they bought the last glide LOL.

stretchb

Established Member
If the only thing the haters have to hold onto is that they haven't seen a full vid yet of the TB in action, what will you be saying when it comes out(only been 2 days since the first vid was leaked) and the CPR cars start mopping up?

nobody has even seen a cpr kit run a # yet ?

Last edited:

CPRsm

Eh, he called down the thunder and he got it. When you get bested there's no "Wait wait I wasn't ready. I was footbraking a stock trans." Don't be surpriswd when you get shot when you bring a knife to a gun fight lol.

Anyone know what the diagnostic code is for the wrench light when 1st/reverse are simultaneously enabled?

You can ask til you're blue in the face bro. It's not in the tune. What is being TESTED is a box for customer installs. Making it an install like a wot box or a two step. A tune will not give you a brake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread