solid haters.

Nazman

Established Member
2001 Blue Snake said:
Most of these guys probably wouldn't be breaking half shafts and rear ends if they weren't dumping their clutches at 4,000 RPM with drag radials.
Does not take a clutch dump. I have seen a 2-3 shift break the stick-shafts.

Why do I have to worry about breaking stuff at a mild 4000 RPMs launch?

Heck I broke my 1st one at a 3200RPMs launch.

If you dump 1K in DS Shop 1/2 shafts and a MJ Chip brace along with all the other mods it will last but the aluminum pumpking will be the weakness at the end and you will never, ever get rid of the hop.

I launch my hoopty at 6500RPMs and my solid keeps on ticking no problems and I spend 300 bones on axles, 400 on an Dif, 125 on an aluminum cover, 30 on carrier studs and weldeld the tubes, that thing is about indestructible.

Add about another 1500 bones and you "may" get the IRS as strong. Just may be.

For each his own.

For me give me a solid!

Naz

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
poneypower said:
bad31.jpg

1+ This about sums it up pretty good. It's like two dumb-shits who can't speak the same language arguing with each other. All out drag race? Get a solid...really there's no argument there. Into handling? Enjoy the IRS. Done.

FYI, if you're into handling and love your New Edge here's a real nice thread.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312254&page=1

Some fair-minded honest opinions from Term drivers. I'm keeping my better handling IRS.

Nazman

Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
1+ This about sums it up pretty good. It's like two dumb-shits who can't speak the same language arguing with each other. All out drag race? Get a solid...really there's no argument there. Into handling? Enjoy the IRS. Done.

FYI, if you're into handling and love your New Edge here's a real nice thread.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312254&page=1

Some fair-minded honest opinions from Term drivers. I'm keeping my better handling IRS.
There is no argument. We are not saying that one is better than the other. We just mentioned about some flaws and merits vs. Cost and efficiency. That was all.

The Ford Mustang IRS is weak and just marginal. Compared to the Vette is just a POS. The 03-04 Cobra's have an up-dated version, and can take a bit more abuse but still deals with the dreaded hop. That is all.

The solid sucks in bumps and some handling conditions but its strong and reliable.

That was all.

The only dump-shits are the ones that can not live with or without or express thier dislikes with no solution to the problem. Remember, if you can not contribute to fixing the problem/seek solution...you are part of the problem.

Naz

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Gee Naz, when it comes to N/A power and vindication of the New Edge over the S/C Term you're our hero. Really. Didn't mean to get your nose bent out of shape. The IRS vs. Solid argument is just so OBVIOUS.... it's pretty funny. But it just keeps going on and on. The title of the thread is "Solid Haters"....which of course is a foil to the previous thread "For IRS Haters"... The fact that the argument keeps coming back is just so damn funny. "Dumb-shit" moniker is purely for fun. The point is there is no solution.... if you are in the Solid camp or the IRS camp you probably will not be convinced otherwise. The IRS in the Cobra IS a POS compared to the Vette or Viper...considerably more expensive rides....but it actually does work as an effective IRS from a handling/real roads perspective. Trust me, if was as serious about regular drag racing as you and many of our Cobra breathren are...I'd have a solid. Not even an argument.

Nazman

Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
Gee Naz, when it comes to N/A power and vindication of the New Edge over the S/C Term you're our hero. Really. Didn't mean to get your nose bent out of shape. The IRS vs. Solid argument is just so OBVIOUS.... it's pretty funny. But it just keeps going on and on. The title of the thread is "Solid Haters"....which of course is a foil to the previous thread "For IRS Haters"... The fact that the argument keeps coming back is just so damn funny. "Dumb-shit" moniker is purely for fun. The point is there is no solution.... if you are in the Solid camp or the IRS camp you probably will not be convinced otherwise. The IRS in the Cobra IS a POS compared to the Vette or Viper...considerably more expensive rides....but it actually does work as an effective IRS from a handling/real roads perspective. Trust me, if was as serious about regular drag racing as you and many of our Cobra breathren are...I'd have a solid. Not even an argument.
Not getting out of shape at all brother(s). I fully understand the issue at hand. Having experinced the 2 of them and attempted to fix the IRS issue and expeded quite a bit of cash in the IRS with no fix (for my needs) I found out that the solid did it for me. I just wanted to drop my .02 (more lilke .25 today) on this subject.

Basicly, Im not set-up as a straight up 1/4 nor a road racer...more like a hybrid (SP??) "street cruisier/brusier :poke: ". I do not drag race regulary more like 4-5 times a year and I have never been on a road course. But I do beat on the car regulary and drive agresive when the situation permits (specially when I was in Germany). Like I said, my car is more of a "street brusier" (wanna be anyways!) than anything else.

Again, for each his own. After my little bit of experience with the IRS, I rather have the solid.

I dont think that there is no reason to close the thread, since we are just having a civilized discusion.

Naz

Nazman

Established Member
Serpentor said:
hey man I contributed plenty, do a search. I'm just making fun of you repeating "that is all" :)
Was not attacking you in any way or form bro. I was actually fugging with you.

Naz

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Don't get me wrong guys. I was just making a comparison. I mean looking around and finding a New edge N/A cobra for 14 is true, just as much as picking up a mach for $17. You can find both if you look. But I agree.....there is a substantial price difference, being the year of production and 'most recent SE N/A' produced.

I also agree that both cars are bada$$.

NXSVTCOBRA

cobraracer46 said:
Well F U C K you too, asshole. Don't feel bad that you could have bought a 98 Cobra or a Mach 1.:thumbsup: :poke:
lol, ignorance again, maybe i purchased a cobra in 2001, and wanted a new edge body style, Oh wait!! i should've waited an extra 2 years just to get a mach 1 because it came with a solid axle?? please tell me ur not that retarded :??:

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
99flblackcobra said:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232316

The fastest 2 new edges have solid axles and the list dont even have Quadcammer and Nazman on it. So it would be the top 4 cars. The IRS is just not for everyone. I perfer to drop the weight and have a built solid axle.
That being given as an opinion, if one looks further, in the 11 second bracket, one will notice that 3 out of 5 have IRS, and if one looks at the 12 second bracket, 6 out of 10 have IRS....

Considering that the 'everyday' Joe is NOT going to have a 10 SECOND Cobra or car, kind of speaks for itself does it not?
Yes, I prefer the IRS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread