So you want to put an eaton powered 5.4L DOHC in your car

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
IF any of you want to stuff the 5.4 DOHC in your car with the eaton ( or any other screw blower) on top then I have the answer for you soon. I am doing this install on my 99 currently. I will have available to the public:

1. A 4.6 cobra intake that will fit directly on the 5.4 DOHC motor. This intake will be port matched to the navi intake gasket. Big difference over the cobra head and will only raise the height aprox. 1/4 " . No sharp bends and small ports like the RR adapters.

2. 5.4L DOHC timing cover that will have all the needed mounting points for your terminator pulley bridge, lower s/c pulley, and alternator.

3. Extended Cobra coolant crossover

I will either charge for the parts new and modify them or you can send your parts for modification. As of today I have the intake completely engineered, the timing cover will be finished next week as possibly the crossover. Once everything is finished and test fitted on my motor I will offer them for sale publicly.

Any interest in these parts?

Dave

GodStang

Established Member
I already said yes on the other site but I will say yes here also.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
I was lookin at dropping a Ford GT 5.4L shortblock and heads motor in my car today. I am definitely interested in seeing how this pan out. Keep us posted...

Shelby's...look out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very interesting conversion. If this project is as successful as I suspect it will be, we'll have to choose a new nickname for this car. :)

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Hell yea!

Are you still gonna offer the intake mods for the Ford GT heads too?
Thats what I'll be running topping a built Ford GT shortblock!

Ken:beer:

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I was wanting to by a 99 or 00 GT and build a 00 Cobra R clone like you are doing. I def want a 5.4 L DOHC with a KB 2.8H to power it.

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
Great to hear everyone is interested. Progress on the car is comming along. I put the rear axle in today. I also put the motor in the car so I can start on fabbing the timing cover. I already have the pulley bridge mounted properly on the 5.4 cover. The last hold out I am working on is the alternator mounting.

I will keep everyone up to date.

Thanks

Dave

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
4sdvenom said:
Hell yea!

Are you still gonna offer the intake mods for the Ford GT heads too?
Thats what I'll be running topping a built Ford GT shortblock!

Ken:beer:

I like the idea of an aluminum block 5.4 with the Ford GT / GT500 heads, and a Whipple 3.4 in a Terminator.

I am sure Kooks could make a swap header for this application. It should be fairly easy to fabricate a starter mount, as well.

I can't wait to see the results :)

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
427Windsorman said:
I like the idea of an aluminum block 5.4 with the Ford GT / GT500 heads, and a Whipple 3.4 in a Terminator.

I am sure Kooks could make a swap header for this application. It should be fairly easy to fabricate a starter mount, as well.

I can't wait to see the results :)

The intake I am using will only work with cobra heads or preferably navi heads. The GT/Y2K R heads have totally different intake port locations that won't match. I have not personally seen this but everything I have seen indicates this.

Today I got the alternator mounting figured out. This week I will get the parts to the fabricator/ welder and should be ready to go when the parts return.

Dave

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
crazydave01 said:
The intake I am using will only work with cobra heads or preferably navi heads. The GT/Y2K R heads have totally different intake port locations that won't match. I have not personally seen this but everything I have seen indicates this.

Today I got the alternator mounting figured out. This week I will get the parts to the fabricator/ welder and should be ready to go when the parts return.

Dave

Ahh, well. The stock 03 / 04 Cobra heads are excellent in their own right :)

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
Getting closer still. Unfortunately I have to wait in line at the fabricators. Then I will have to wait in line at the welders. I can't b**ch too much, the fab guy charged me $0.00 for everything. The barter system rules :pepper:

Anyway it is looking good. I came up with an idea to keep the same height on the intake. I am going to run it by the fab guy......

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread