So you want to put an eaton powered 5.4L DOHC in your car

Status
Not open for further replies.

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
Subscribing.
Definately interested to see how this turns out, tunes out, and the cost.
I would highly consider such a move on my 99' Cobra in the future if I opt not to get a 03-04 Termy this summer.

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
I finally see light at the end of the tunnel ! I found another fab/welder to weld all my parts for me. Hopefully it will happen next week!
Does anybody watching this that has an 03/04 Cobra live near the NE Ohio area?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Would be pretty sweet to see a stroked aluminum GT500 5.4 with the 3.4L Whip!:bowdown: :rockon:

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
WIll a tt kit work with this? Hmmm I was putting my motor together today, and now my mind has kinda changed. I am so indecisive!

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
Tt

C H I N I said:
WIll a tt kit work with this? Hmmm I was putting my motor together today, and now my mind has kinda changed. I am so indecisive!

You could do the TT set up with out much trouble. Get the sullivan intake for the 5.4 DOHC. It bolts right on and has the TB opening up front, then pipe in your turbo !!!!!!

My parts won't help you on that front. There is a guy on modfords Birdman 941 who is making a N/A install kit, he wants 3-3500 for it though.......

I am trying to keep mine close to 1000.

Dave

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
5.4 parts

Here are the parts finally!!!!!!!

Here is the intake in raw form still. It is currently at the machine shop getting the blower mount and the intake port decks true and also the front deck cleaned up. Then the pass through for the lines and mounting holes reinstalled.

intakeraw.jpg

Here are pics of the front cover. One with the stock lower pulley, one with the metco and one so you can see all the mounting tabs for the accs.

Frtcoverstockpulley.jpg

frtcovermetco.jpg

frtcoverbare.jpg

Again please don't judge the dirty junkyard motor, this is just the preliminary stage for the final piece that will be installed in my car.

Opinions?????

Dave

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
I still haven't got pricing together. I am estimating aprox 1000 to modify the parts. If you need me to buy the parts then I can add that in. Again this is only an estimate.

Dave

whi tri

Established Member
This is gettin exciting! I can't wait to see this done and to see the numbers. I am also curious what the new setup will weight. Then again it is aluminum versus iron...... has to be less.

joemayo

Established Member
So what do I need to buy? ha
Can I just get a Shelly gt500 Shortblock and slap my heads on or what do i need? and how much for the complete setup if I still have my stock motor...

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
Sorry, if this sounds like a dumb uestion I haven't tinkered much in staright engine swaps. But would your kit work with a Boss330 5.4l? Is there any difference between that and the "navi" block?

I'm not sweating swappin gthe head for the GT500, since I am getting my heads ported for nothing.

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
Sorry for the delays. All the parts are done and fit properly !!!!! I will get pics posted this weekend for all.

Joe... Any 5.4 short block will work. You need a navi front timing cover and all the 03/04 cobra parts. I can modify the timing cover, intake and coolant crossover to fit everything on the 5.4. You can use your cobra heads or preferably the navi heads. I have a 00 R hood and it is going to be close but I think I have it figured out to easily fit under the hood.

Hope this answers your q's faygokris.

Dave

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
This swap might even be a bit easier with the soon to be available taller stock style Terminator hood, and the K-member spacers PSI Motorsports is now making. There should be no problem with clearance.

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
All is fine with the parts. I have sold three sets now and made my own also. As of now I don't believe any have been installed in a running car. Mine was installed but I removed the motor from the car again to use the block to fit the kits I am making.

Email me direct for more timely responses as I don't get on this site much in the summer.
[email protected]

Dave

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
She Runs

Dynoed the other day.

3.08 gears
stock eaton, 4lb lower stock upper
85 deg high humidity
mustang dyno
412 RWHP @ 6000