So who watched Top Gear?

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
How many f'ng times did they shift those damn Lambos???? While the Viper/HueyCobra thing was interesting, I couldn't help but notice that the overzealous fops on the cutting room floor dubbed in some rather hokey sounds.....

Now The Venture Brothers Season 16 finale? Just.Pure.Epic.

mysterio

Established Member
Too much competition in that time slot at the moment. SNF and that awesome zombie mini series 'The Walking Dead' on AMC are ruling. I'll look forward to checking out Top Gear in a couple more weeks after the zombies have been dealt with.

usmcrebel

Established Member
Watched it, thought it was pretty good...Hosts need to develop more, but there is a fair amount of potential.

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Personally, I liked it because I did not compare it to the original. Tanner is a great driver and the other guy hopefully will get funnier over time. The script could be better but overall I really enjoyed the new show.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Damn, I can't believe I missed it!:bash: What channel is it on? We didn't have the satellite box on last night, because my wife was flipping back and forth between the AMA show, and the football game.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I thought it was almost hard to watch their interview with Buzz Aldrin. The guy is a American Hero and been on the moon and all they do is continue to go down a list a cars and ask him his thoughts. Embarassing.

Another amazing moment in the show - did they really just look at their speedometer to judge speed in the standing mile test with the Lambo? Wtf...

I'll watch a few more episodes, but right now its not looking good for my interest in the show. Superior camera work and production can't overcome uninteresting hosts and boring dialogue.

usmcrebel

Established Member
I thought it was almost hard to watch their interview with Buzz Aldrin. The guy is a American Hero and been on the moon and all they do is continue to go down a list a cars and ask him his thoughts. Embarassing.

Another amazing moment in the show - did they really just look at their speedometer to judge speed in the standing mile test with the Lambo? Wtf...

I'll watch a few more episodes, but right now its not looking good for my interest in the show. Superior camera work and production can't overcome uninteresting hosts and boring dialogue.

doesn't hurt...much

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Honestl,y I thought it blew. Discuss.

+1

and I dont care for tanner on supercars. I think he's a shit*y host. JMO

+1

Tanner (even though I don't care for him) seems like the only true "car" host on that show. The other two just read script and give no personal feedback or opinions.

The show was a bore overall.

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
I kept turning back to it thinking it'd get better, but it seemed to get worse. Tanner was alright, but the other two dudes were horrible and hard to watch. Even my wife said it was bad.

I'll "try" and watch a few more episode....

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Which one was driving the Superleggera? That guy was an idiot. He tried twice to come up with a decent metaphor, failed, and ended by mumbling something about the gated shifter. I giggled at his awkwardness. As far as production values go, it was way overdone. The British version looks effortless and elegant, the American version looked like they clicked every button they could in whatever editing software they used to make it look fancy...it ended up looking like an amateur HDR hack job.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
How can half of you compare a show that has gone through 16 seasons and wasnt anything compared to what is is now.. to a show thats supposed to be like it that is in its very first season?
Tanner is actually a really cool guy in person and is very easy to talk to. Hell i was standing behind him watching them weigh his rally car and he turned around and started talking to me.

Although certain parts of the show are scripted.. Most of it isnt(again Tanner told me this), its just them saying whatever comes out and being themselves. And yea im sure they are trying a bit hard right now, but it will all eventually fall into place. Tanner seems more calm and like a host because hes had more time on TV recently and has been a host of 2 shows now already?

I liked it and will keep watching it.. Just have to give them some time to get it together and settle into what the show really will become and how the hosts mesh with each other..

Also.. Those hosts of UKTG wont be around forever... there gunna get replaced at some point and the chemistry over there wont be the same either...

Last edited:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Copy and pasted from other thread in pics and vid

I didnt even attempt to watch it because the previews made it look not so good, what time did it air? 10pm? If so I was watching brewmasters on discovery.

Way2QWK

Established Member
I turned the channel back to the food network......Im sure I will check it out again. I stopped watching Speed last Jan when they added all those gay nascar themed talent and cooking shows.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I thought it was boring.. So bored I fell asleep watching it withing the first ten minutes..

I personally didn't like the host.. Hope the show fairs better than the first episode or I have a feeling it may be deep sixed the first season.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. If you go back and watch old UK Top Gear it wasn't as funny when they first started back up. Give it some time

This.

Even the UK hosts said it will be awkward in the beginning as theirs was.

Give it a season or two and itll come into its own.

fergy016

Established Member
The approach to entertain car enthusiast wasn't there imo. Not enough facts or knowledge to create a learning curve that someone could walk away with.
The lambo race they didn't have a finish line with a radar, just a pi$$in contest of who will take the car to a higher speed.
Why not give more facts and information along with it and make the races seem like they hold value rather then focus on the film/poor talent?

top gear uk is 3 guys with broadcasting backgrounds where topgear us seems to be 3 guys with car backgrounds. Way to not get talent that has the ability to communicate effectively.

Users who are viewing this thread