So who watched Top Gear?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. If you go back and watch old UK Top Gear it wasn't as funny when they first started back up. Give it some time

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
I watched it for about 8-10 min...I was crossing my fingers and hoping that the pilot would actually shoot a missile-GAME OVER!... So much for wishful thinking

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. If you go back and watch old UK Top Gear it wasn't as funny when they first started back up. Give it some time
yea true !!

I'm sure the show will improve with time.
x2

i didnt get to see it but. it wont ever be as good as the o.g top gear & take it as that & have fun with it i will watch it

also it will be in the dvr fo sho

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Three regular blokes (uh...dudes)...great cars...great sound and speed...heaps of sarcasm and silliness...nice production values. What's not to like? Lack's the patented Brit Wit of the original, but I'll watch.

monX

Established Member
It wasn't too bad, I will continue on watching it that's for sure, I think Tanner is great and is a natural, however the two new guys ARE trying too hard and the one guy showed some inexperience and was happy like a kid after going 180 for his first time, that takes some credit away...

Common

Established Member
It's the first show, you have to give it time for some chemistry to develop. The cars are top quality, the production effort seems to be there and it's entertaining for what it is.

s_x_i

Established Member
It was lacking... I didn't care for it at all, BUT I think they'll need some time to get it down.

So I'll keep watching it and fast-forwarding the boring bits. It's still better than a lot of other tv shows.

monX

Established Member
It's the first show, you have to give it time for some chemistry to develop. The cars are top quality, the production effort seems to be there and it's entertaining for what it is.

I agree, the thing is everyone is expecting to see a clone of the British version but the reality is Jeremy and the boys are not replaceable.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
It was pretty good but it's, of course, nothing like the original. I say all three host still lack chemistry. Overall it's ok, really good editing and cool cars.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
It was good for what it is. However, I agree with everyone that said that it seemed like they were trying too hard. The UK Top Gear's chemistry didn't come overnight. It took them years to get to where everything comes naturally for them, especially looking back at the old UKTG episodes. I really want this show to succeed, although I find it weird that it doesn't seem to acknowledge that the UKTG even exists. Oh, and American Stig is short. From what I've read from people that went to the tapings have said, AmStig is about 5'4".

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
i disagree with the filming.... it looks more like some highschool kids trying to impersonate BBC top gear rather than pulling it off. the cinematography doesnt come close IMO. plus the show seems rushed for some reason... interview was really short, no real introduction or wrap up to the segments.... strange that both shows are an hour but the american one seems rushed. my guess is that they tried to add more car content to make up for it, but that stupid shit like "stop stop STOOOOPPPPP STOP! what are we having for lunch?" thing during the small car star thing was the saddest attempt of british comedy i have ever seen.... i wanna watch this show to see how bad of a train wreck it becomes. just wait till they start sucking off sponsers on the show. it will end up like the powerblock (every car needs a spectre intake and a superchips handheld tuner. then an edelbrock intake for your rustys offroad jeep).

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
It would be great if I didn't get BBC America; however, I do get BBC America. I may watch it after the fact if some one says "wow did you see Top Gear last night," but I will not be the devoted follower that I am of the UK version.

In interest of full disclosure David Brent > Michael Scott, but I'm not an anglophile.

Users who are viewing this thread