So who watched Top Gear?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The approach to entertain car enthusiast wasn't there imo. Not enough facts or knowledge to create a learning curve that someone could walk away with.
The lambo race they didn't have a finish line with a radar, just a pi$$in contest of who will take the car to a higher speed.
Why not give more facts and information along with it and make the races seem like they hold value rather then focus on the film/poor talent?

top gear uk is 3 guys with broadcasting backgrounds where topgear us seems to be 3 guys with car backgrounds. Way to not get talent that has the ability to communicate effectively.

Funny, because Top Gear UK doesnt have facts.......

Its just cars and cinematography. Thats it.

If they did all their high end exotic vs corvette comparo's would be squashed the second you showed the corvette costs one zero less. Something they always leave out when comparing a eurotrash/exotic vs a domestic.

yellowbra

Established Member
Damn I missed it. I'll have to do a search later when I get home for the encore. I had on another site that by the 3rd show they start to settle down and become more comfortable with each other.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I thought is was pretty good for their first show ever. I think in time it will become pretty good. Plus, who doesn't love seeing sweet cars being driven balls-out? I think some people are being too critical, give it some time.
Also did anyone catch the Raptor getting air between some cactus's in the intro? Can't wait for that episode!

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I thought it was almost hard to watch their interview with Buzz Aldrin. The guy is a American Hero and been on the moon and all they do is continue to go down a list a cars and ask him his thoughts. Embarassing.

This is a car show, not a press conference. Although, I didn't think the interview was that great, but hey at least the US version we actually know who the hell the people are lol.

Another amazing moment in the show - did they really just look at their speedometer to judge speed in the standing mile test with the Lambo? Wtf...

Yea, where the hell was the GPS equipment to give some factual information?

oldmodman

Established Member
I DVR'd it but have not watched it yet.

OK I watched it now.

Not worth the time. Uninspiring hosts. Mediocre videography.

Maybe they will improve over time. But for now I will continue to watch the BBC version and not waste my time with our crappy show.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
How can half of you compare a show that has gone through 16 seasons and wasnt anything compared to what is is now.. to a show thats supposed to be like it that is in its very first season?

Because they attempted to copy every aspect of it and failed? :shrug:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Because they attempted to copy every aspect of it and failed? :shrug:

BINGO

They ****ed up by trying to be a spin off because what is the first thing everyone is going to do? Compare them to the original Top Gear. They should have just went under a different name and not have even mentioned the BBC version. I doubt that show will get enough ratings to even give it a change to flourish, witch I doubt it even has the potential to do anyways.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread