So pissed that the I didn't get my Alcoa wheels

acroholic

Established Member
I have a brand new set I want $3600 + actual shipping for, which is what I paid for them in the aftermarket. Got an ad up in the GT500 wheels section.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Equal Maybe. Even Steve@TF says he can't make wheels with the quality of the Alcoa for that price.

actually that was before i found out they charged like $200 for shipping and $150 for the plastic center caps. you can order a set of our 20x9 20x10.5 or 20x10 20x10.5 2 piece polished Super Sports (with metal center caps) for $2800 shipped during our current sale. i dont recall exactly what the total cost involved on a set of alcoas with center caps including shipping came out to but im pretty sure it was close.

plus with ours you can pick many different finishes, custom offsets, brake fitments, widths etc... and lighter too. i know the 20x10 Alcoa weighs about 30lbs. our 20x10.5 weighs about 25lbs. not to mention we can make them in 18", 19", drag pack set ups etc... and when you go to a meet, you wont be one of 15 guys there on the same exact wheels.

i recently picked up a set of used Alcoas in a trade myself. i was about to list them up in the marketplace. we need to refurbish them as they have some curb rash. BUT, i can offer stuff most people cant get anywhere. i can have the offsets changed a little to bring the wheels inward more so you can run bigger tires without worrying about rubbing. i can also have them done in chrome, black chrome, brushed aluminum, etc.... its going to take some work and some $ to do this so they wont be cheap. but they will be mint and one of a kind. interested parties keep an eye in the market section for the thread. :beer:

for anyone else with Alcoas who are interested in having your offset changed we can do it for $100 per wheel plus shipping. we can bring them in about .2 - .25"

662HP631TQ

Established Member
BBBOOOOOMMMMM What I tell you guys....leave that Alcoa crap alone this dude has you taken care of and the price....THE PRICE....Come on quit being stubborn and wanting just those garbage Alcoas...which I own but I am going to hold onto and sell in 3 years. This guy has nice high quality wheels. I am going to buy some soon!

actually that was before i found out they charged like $200 for shipping and $150 for the plastic center caps. you can order a set of our 20x9 20x10.5 or 20x10 20x10.5 2 piece polished Super Sports (with metal center caps) for $2800 shipped during our current sale. i dont recall exactly what the total cost involved on a set of alcoas with center caps including shipping came out to but im pretty sure it was close.

plus with ours you can pick many different finishes, custom offsets, brake fitments, widths etc... and lighter too. i know the 20x10 Alcoa weighs about 30lbs. our 20x10.5 weighs about 25lbs. not to mention we can make them in 18", 19", drag pack set ups etc... and when you go to a meet, you wont be one of 15 guys there on the same exact wheels.

i recently picked up a set of used Alcoas in a trade myself. i was about to list them up in the marketplace. we need to refurbish them as they have some curb rash. BUT, i can offer stuff most people cant get anywhere. i can have the offsets changed a little to bring the wheels inward more so you can run bigger tires without worrying about rubbing. i can also have them done in chrome, black chrome, brushed aluminum, etc.... its going to take some work and some $ to do this so they wont be cheap. but they will be mint and one of a kind. interested parties keep an eye in the market section for the thread. :beer:

for anyone else with Alcoas who are interested in having your offset changed we can do it for $100 per wheel plus shipping. we can bring them in about .2 - .25"

Imatk

Established Member
From what I understand there was a disagreement or something between Shelby and Alcoa. Since Alcoa owns the design patent and I guess they got a little pissed at Shelby, Shelby couldn't go to another manufacturer and get the wheels made.

The new Super Snake wheels looks horrible IMHO, but to each his own I guess.

If someone in China made knockoffs of these wheels they'd probably make a mint.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Now watch Alcoa make moe and sell them themselves!! LOL

From what I understand there was a disagreement or something between Shelby and Alcoa. Since Alcoa owns the design patent and I guess they got a little pissed at Shelby, Shelby couldn't go to another manufacturer and get the wheels made.

The new Super Snake wheels looks horrible IMHO, but to each his own I guess.

If someone in China made knockoffs of these wheels they'd probably make a mint.

662HP631TQ

Established Member

There are no Super Sport Wheels to see on the website though...

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
There are no Super Sport Wheels to see on the website though...

we havent added them there yet. but they do exist. i swear!! :D

i posted a few threads in both GT500 sections here with pics and pricing. Thunderbolt has them on his GT500 already and posted up fantastic pics.

acroholic

Established Member
I think you would be better off trying to sell them on eBay.

Very true, but I just want out what I have in them, not to take as much money as possible from someone. They will go on the 'bay if they don't sell here. Sets go on ebay for $4500+. I'm not trying to profit, just get my cost out of them.

The TruForged wheels are a beautiful alternative as well. I think why some people are so up on the Alcoas, however, is that they are a genuine Shelby product, regardless of where they are made. That means a lot to some, and not a lot to others.

andymarkv

Established Member
Last edited:

smrtasp

Established Member
I saw 3 sets of alcoas on eBay last night. 2 sets were right at 2900-3000 with bids. One new set was listed at 4k with no bids. I suspect eBay will be flooded with these in the next few weeks as Shelby fulfills all their orders and some people bought them simply to resell at a profit. A few months from now might be the best time to sell if you want top dollar. Mine are going out for widening this weekend.

acroholic

Established Member
I saw 3 sets of alcoas on eBay last night. 2 sets were right at 2900-3000 with bids. One new set was listed at 4k with no bids. I suspect eBay will be flooded with these in the next few weeks as Shelby fulfills all their orders and some people bought them simply to resell at a profit. A few months from now might be the best time to sell if you want top dollar. Mine are going out for widening this weekend.

I think you are right. But if I wanted top dollar I wouldn't sell them here, I'd do exactly as you said and sell them on ebay in a few weeks.

I paid $3600, and since I was able to get a set in the last offering directly from Shelby at their price, I can pass these on to someone not as fortunate.

I've seen two sets go on ebay for $4500 and $4600 + $200 shipping, so my price of $3600 is good for the aftermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread