So pissed that the I didn't get my Alcoa wheels

Kapy

Established Member
Seriously guys what's all the fuss? They're not the greatest looking wheel out there anyway.

I mentioned that they should be available to real Shelby owners with a verified VIN first then the public next. Give guys that already own the car a fair shot then the thieves next.

I agree they are not the greatest looking. But they tie in well with the history of the car and will not lose value.

Done right, tire size and color (powder coat or paint) they look really good though.

Myfast70

Established Member
I agree they are not the greatest looking. But they tie in well with the history of the car and will not lose value.

Done right, tire size and color (powder coat or paint) they look really good though.

True, if painted or powder coated they do look better. But by the time you add up the widening, and powder coating you're pretty close to if not over $3500 for a full set. There's a few other options I would go with first.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
True, if painted or powder coated they do look better. But by the time you add up the widening, and powder coating you're pretty close to if not over $3500 for a full set. There's a few other options I would go with first.

What wheels do you prefer over the Alcoas?

smrtasp

Established Member
I was reading another post on this over on team shelby and one of the moderators said it ended up almost being like a lottery for those orders that were accepted. There were way to many people trying to order and they were also dealing with a credit card fraud BOT that was trying to place orders with bad credit cards. Lots of upset people over this one.

GT500662

Established Member
QUIT CRYIN PEOPLE!!!
Get in on some of those True Forge Super Sports....
Probably better quality!

If I didn't already have the Alcoa's I would be jumping all over them. If I wouldn't hurt my wife's feelings I'd still be going after them, she bought them for me as a gift. I really like the fact that you can pick your widths.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
This is so frustrating. I was anticipating this day for I don't know how long. Had everything set up, got the wheels in my cart, entered all my info and BAM! I get an error response when I hit the purchase button. Double checked everything and nothing works. Call em up, and all sold out. Unbelievable. Just had to vent.
10-4 on the horrible ordering process.... and I also had the whole order in my cart and went to submit the order and the 2 - 20 x 10's dropped from the order and only had the 2 - 20 x 9's and center caps... So I bailed....
i am sure the dealers got their orders in quick...i wanted a set myself and had been plannng on getting them too...:(
I mentioned that they should be available to real Shelby owners with a verified VIN first then the public next. Give guys that already own the car a fair shot then the thieves next.
x4! Predictably, there are already sets for sale on eBay and at least one offer to sell them at a ridiculous price right here in SVTP. :cuss:

Myfast70

Established Member
What wheels do you prefer over the Alcoas?

HRE's, True Forged, Forgelines just to name a few. They will be higher priced as I'm sure that's what the argument will be but they're well worth the extra $$'s IMHO. Better looks sometimes come with a higher price tag. :beer:

Snoopy49

Established Member
HRE's, True Forged, Forgelines just to name a few. They will be higher priced as I'm sure that's what the argument will be but they're well worth the extra $$'s IMHO. Better looks sometimes come with a higher price tag. :beer:

They may actually be cheaper if you want a wheel wider than 10" and the proper offset and backspacing.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member

Now you guys have me second guessing if I should mount my Alcoas. I wish I could see what they look like in person.

smrtasp

Established Member
They look great. I had a set on my 08 white/blue stripe which was lowered on FRPP springs and it was a great look. A few years ago though there weren't as many tire options as there are now so my only disappointment was that the Toyo's I put on weren't as sticky as I would have preferred. I didn't want drag radials either. That said, I was one of those that got a set this morning and cant wait to get a pair of the 9's widened to 11.5 and put on the car. My personal favorite on the Shelby. For the price there are other options and some may even be better but its a personal preference for me and I cant wait to get them back on my new 13. I wished now I would have put my stock wheels back on my 08 before selling it.

Stangdriver13

Established Member
I was one of the few lucky ones and ended up with 4 9" wheels. Seems like everyone that tried to get the 10" rims were out of luck because of the cart dropping the order, which happened to me too. I got through on my cell phone of all things and 4 - 9" wheels added to my cart so I quickly hit the process order button. I think my order went through at 6:27 am so I was one of the last ones to get an order in. Going to send a pair to Eric Vaughn get to get widened to 11.5 or 11.75". Then mount 315/30 Toyo R888's out back and 265/35 Pilot sports up front. Any any insight on whether I should go 11.5 or 11.75" on the width? What was wrong with the R888's? Sorry don't mean to hi-jack the thread....

They look great. I had a set on my 08 white/blue stripe which was lowered on FRPP springs and it was a great look. A few years ago though there weren't as many tire options as there are now so my only disappointment was that the Toyo's I put on weren't as sticky as I would have preferred. I didn't want drag radials either. That said, I was one of those that got a set this morning and cant wait to get a pair of the 9's widened to 11.5 and put on the car. My personal favorite on the Shelby. For the price there are other options and some may even be better but its a personal preference for me and I cant wait to get them back on my new 13. I wished now I would have put my stock wheels back on my 08 before selling it.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So anyone in here willing to pay $10, 000 for these rims?

smrtasp

Established Member
Only issue I can see with the Toyos is they don't mix well with water. I want a daily driver so I will likely go with super sports. They are a great tire. Price wise the Toyos are a few bucks cheaper but the super sports should last a lot longer if you aren't launching the car at every stop light.

Users who are viewing this thread