So pissed that the I didn't get my Alcoa wheels

psucobra

Established Member
This is so frustrating. I was anticipating this day for I don't know how long. Had everything set up, got the wheels in my cart, entered all my info and BAM! I get an error response when I hit the purchase button. Double checked everything and nothing works. Call em up, and all sold out. Unbelievable. Well, if anyone has an extra set they would like to part with, please let me know. Just had to vent.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Damn. Same thing happened to me.

I just took it as a sign I didn't need to drop that much cash right now though. Best of luck picking up a set! :beer:

Kapy

Established Member
Title says it all. gone in 30 min!

I tried going on this morning and there was obviously so much traffic on the Shelby site I could not get an order put through.

Even had 3 laptops going at once trying to get in.

Oh well, didn't feel like dropping 2G's anyway.

Kapy

Established Member
Same happened to me as well guys, don't feel bad.

I was up 2 hours ahead of time today to make sure I was on exactly at 6a.m. pacific.

Well that didn't matter.

Horrible ordering process.

Ferrcad

Established Member
10-4 on the horrible ordering process.... and I also had the whole order in my cart and went to submit the order and the 2 - 20 x 10's dropped from the order and only had the 2 - 20 x 9's and center caps... So I bailed....

smrtasp

Established Member
I ended up with 4 of the 9's. It took 30 minutes to order as well. I had 2 10's and 2 9's and by the time the cart finally loaded they auto removed 1 of the 10's and then after it updated the price for shiping and tax all the 10's were gone. It was litereally 5+ minutes each time I tried to do something during the order. The sad part is that some of the commercial sites that sell wheels were probably in there hammering on their web server to get as many as they could. Given how slow their site was, there were a lot of people in there trying to get these wheels this morning. This final order should have been limited to Shelby VIN verified owners only.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It wouldn't surprise me if they came out with another run at some point.

MNCobra

Established Member
i am sure the dealers got their orders in quick...i wanted a set myself and had been plannng on getting them too...:(

smrtasp

Established Member
If what they are saying is true, Alcoa wont make them for Shelby anymore. I tend to believe this is partially true given that they arent offering it on the super snake conversions any more. But I assume that with enough pre-orders neither Shelby or Alcoa would turn down the revenue.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If what they are saying is true, Alcoa wont make them for Shelby anymore. I tend to believe this is partially true given that they arent offering it on the super snake conversions any more. But I assume that with enough pre-orders neither Shelby or Alcoa would turn down the revenue.

Kinda my thought.

Shelby and Ford said in 07 that they would only make a few thousand GT500's too..

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I ended up with 4 of the 9's. It took 30 minutes to order as well. I had 2 10's and 2 9's and by the time the cart finally loaded they auto removed 1 of the 10's and then after it updated the price for shiping and tax all the 10's were gone. It was litereally 5+ minutes each time I tried to do something during the order. The sad part is that some of the commercial sites that sell wheels were probably in there hammering on their web server to get as many as they could. Given how slow their site was, there were a lot of people in there trying to get these wheels this morning. This final order should have been limited to Shelby VIN verified owners only.

Not so bad for you, take two over to Eric Vaughn and have him widen them to 11 inches....boom

rdsnk46

Established Member
I'm out of the loop, did they do another build run or surplus from the last re-run?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The last pre-sale event they held a few sets to sell today to the open market....they say this is it forever :shrug:

Kapy

Established Member
Kinda my thought.

Shelby and Ford said in 07 that they would only make a few thousand GT500's too..

Well I can see them not making the wheel with 50th anniversary stamped on them.

But makes no sense that they would not make the wheel anymore when there is so much demand.

Does not matter to me if the 50th is on them, I just want the wheel.

Oh well...

Kapy

Established Member
10-4 on the horrible ordering process.... and I also had the whole order in my cart and went to submit the order and the 2 - 20 x 10's dropped from the order and only had the 2 - 20 x 9's and center caps... So I bailed....

Yeah I did the same thing. Almost got the 9's but decided that there are better options out there without having to settle on the smaller wheel.

I am definitely loyal to Shelby American but this ordering process completely was unfair.

I emailed a few contacts I know out there to let them exactly that too.

Cam

n/a
Established Member
The sad part is that some of the commercial sites that sell wheels were probably in there hammering on their web server to get as many as they could. Given how slow their site was, there were a lot of people in there trying to get these wheels this morning. This final order should have been limited to Shelby VIN verified owners only.

Agreed!

Myfast70

Established Member
Seriously guys what's all the fuss? They're not the greatest looking wheel out there anyway.

I mentioned that they should be available to real Shelby owners with a verified VIN first then the public next. Give guys that already own the car a fair shot then the thieves next.

Users who are viewing this thread